IMG Family Medicine Applicants- Match 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Both dont sponsor visa. Too bad for us Non us people. Good luck to you MP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. Im sorry, hopefully it turns around for everyone. I might cancel my 2 FM if I get a handful more of IM.

Hello guys! First time applicant here, non-US non-carrib IMG from Canada. Low to mid 220s both steps/CS passed all first attempt/ YOG 2017

I have one FM IV from Mercy St. Vincent in Toledo, Ohio. Any clue on this program? Not able to find much information anywhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello guys! First time applicant here, non-US non-carrib IMG from Canada. Low to mid 220s both steps/CS passed all first attempt/ YOG 2017

I have one FM IV from Mercy St. Vincent in Toledo, Ohio. Any clue on this program? Not able to find much information anywhere.

Congrats. When did you get the iv. May be finally non us people might start getting them ivs. Any connections there. Thanks

This is getting painful. Non USIMG.

Applied to 156 programs:
1 IV
14 Rejections

This is getting painful. Non USIMG.

Applied to 156 programs:
1 IV
14 Rejections
Same here...but I am USIMG and applied to 133 programs and 13 rejections and only 4 IV FM + 1 IV Psych :(

Congrats. When did you get the iv. May be finally non us people might start getting them ivs. Any connections there. Thanks

Thanks so much! No connections unfortunately. Life would be much easier if I did though :p

Members don't see this ad :)
IV NYMC St Joseph's
IV UNLV

Sorry forgot to update earlier. I received these this week

Reactions: 1 users
Same here...but I am USIMG and applied to 133 programs and 13 rejections and only 4 IV FM + 1 IV Psych :(

I only applied to family so I am hoping to get a few more at least. According to the NRMP data, 5 interviews increases my chances from 35% to about 45% of matching. It would be more for peace of mind tbh lol.

IV NYMC St Joseph's
IV UNLV

Sorry forgot to update earlier. I received these this week

congratulations, do they still have interview slots, if you happen to know? All the best as well :)

congratulations, do they still have interview slots, if you happen to know? All the best as well :)

Thanks! Yes both programs still had interview slots because I was offered multiple dates. It looks like the IVs for us IMGs are slowly trickling in right now, so everyone hang in there!

Just got an IV from University North Dakota Fargo.

Anyone got IVs from Beaumont Hospital @ Grossse Pointe ??

Anyone got IVs from Beaumont Hospital @ Grossse Pointe ??

I got this from them today :(

Good afternoon,

We would like to thank you for applying to our program. As you may know, this has been a very competitive application cycle for family medicine, and our program is no different. Our program is currently fully booked for interviews and we have a growing waitlist. We continue to review applications, and if you are selected for an interview we will contact you directly through ERAS.

I got this from them today :(

Good afternoon,

We would like to thank you for applying to our program. As you may know, this has been a very competitive application cycle for family medicine, and our program is no different. Our program is currently fully booked for interviews and we have a growing waitlist. We continue to review applications, and if you are selected for an interview we will contact you directly through ERAS.
That's like a wait list for wait-list !!!!

I also received the same email from Beaumont. That has me a bit concerned because it seems to be a fairly IMG friendly program judging by their current residents.

Last edited:
I also received the same email from Beaumont. That has me a bit concerned because it seems to be a fairly IMG friendly program judging by their current residents.

I know right, I feel like at this point most of the programs are full. Was waiting for November to get interviews, and now have to wait for people to cancel to get interviews. Hope is all I am living on.

I know right, I feel like at this point most of the programs are full. Was waiting for November to get interviews, and now have to wait for people to cancel to get interviews. Hope is all I am living on.

I agree. I think we are at the point where most IV have been given to the best candidates, and now we are left waiting for cancellations and picking up the scraps. I'm fine with this, but it is unfortunate lol. I think its Letter of Intent time :smack:

I agree. I think we are at the point where most IV have been given to the best candidates, and now we are left waiting for cancellations and picking up the scraps. I'm fine with this, but it is unfortunate lol. I think its Letter of Intent time :smack:

I don't think Letter of Intent emails will help much because most of the interview invites are taken soooo we will have to wait for cancellations and leftovers :/

I don't think Letter of Intent emails will help much because most of the interview invites are taken soooo we will have to wait for cancellations and leftovers :/
I sent an LOI to a program I had a good chance at and I got an interview a few days later. Probably a cancellation because there were only two dates. USIMG.

I sent an LOI to a program I had a good chance at and I got an interview a few days later. Probably a cancellation because there were only two dates. USIMG.
Make that two interviews now from an LOI.

Non US IMG here. No IVs yet and had 24 rejections so far(17 FM 7 IM)
Have been sending LOIs in the past week(FM only), most were quiet, few said they’re still reviewing applications. No rejections for 2 days as well....

Have been sending LOIs in the past week(FM only), most were quiet, few said they’re still reviewing applications. No rejections for 2 days as well....
How many programs did you apply to? Below or above average steps? I feel like this year has been difficult for us...IMGs...

I'm at about 26 rejections and no interviews. How many FM and IM programs did u apply to?

I applied to 115 FM and 51 IM
My credential
Step 1 229(2nd, Dec 2016)
Step CS Pass(2nd, Mar 2017)
Step CK 243(1st, Jun 2017)
Step 3 218(1st, Dec 2017)
YOG:2016
6 Months USCE
4 US LOR(2 FM, 1 primary care IM, 1 emergency, all from a rural hospital this year)

My credential
6 Months USCE
4 US LOR(2 FM, 1 primary care IM, 1 emergency, all from a rural hospital this year)
Wow thats not bad at all... much better than me I would expect you so have some interviews.
Let's hope this month brings us some good news

I want to echo the above posts in reference to the Beaumont program. I received the same generic message too.

Got another IV, this one is at Rush Copley.

After around 10 weeks since Sept 15th., I only applied to FM, because it's what I wanted. Is it maybe sort of time to plan for next year?

Hi, Has anyone heard (invites or rejection) from Georgia Family Medicine Residency Programs? Thanks

After around 10 weeks since Sept 15th., I only applied to FM, because it's what I wanted. Is it maybe sort of time to plan for next year?

It's getting late in the season. I would recommend strengthening your application ideally with clinical work. For those of you that haven't heard anything, more likely it's because there's either a ton of applications, or you're in the pile of alternative invites - that is if someone cancels, you're possibly up on the invite list next.

And those of you that have one interview - remember, all it takes is one to match. I would prep like crazy on doing well on your interview. Try not to be too rehearsed and like a robot. Be your best self, know your application inside and out, and be ready to say why this program, and address any red flags you may have. Try to see what the program is looking for and how you would best fit them. I'd also recommend sending thank you letters after the interview, and even another letter of interest a month or so before rank list deadline. Obviously, I can't speak for all the programs, but that is a good starting point.

Reactions: 4 users
My credential
6 Months USCE

The visa requirement appears to be the major setback for non us imgs this year.