IMG Internal Medicine Applicants - Match 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WOW! I hope they grant you an IV!! Did you reach out to the program?

I did! All I have to do now is pray and wait..

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
This is where you should reply to them ASAP... and let them know specifics of why you want to be there... and not just because...YALE!!
Thank you very much! I did that..! Hopefully a space will become available :)

After an interview, is it better to send a letter of thanks through ERAS or via email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Firstly 230 is still a good score and not easy to get so don’t be disappointed in yourself! You should look at the NRMP data but if I remember correctly 230 is still close to the average of matched non us img applicants. Another big factor will be year of graduation because many programs have a cut off for that. Whatever you decide to do make sure you apply broadly. By broadly I mean 100s of programs that are img friendly.
Thank you so much for the advice :) All the best!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey I have an interview at Easton Hospital,PA for IM residency soon, anyone has any idea what kind of interview questions they ask?

After an interview, is it better to send a letter of thanks through ERAS or via email?
I guess it depends, I had to schedule a few interviews via my personal email. So, I thanked them there but others I thanked via ERAS,

received an Interventional Radiology invitation. I am so happy and proud of myself.
here it comes my No.1 rank on my list.
and screw all those who said, there is no place of IMGs in radiology residency

Hey this is an IM thread only! How dare you sir how dare you. JK, congratsss! Just curious so you applied to both DR and IR programs? What was the composition of your letters for your Rads programs? ie. (1 Rads + 2 IM letters.) and how many rads electives/observerships did you do? Did you do any rads related research?

Hey this is an IM thread only! How dare you sir how dare you. JK, congratsss! Just curious so you applied to both DR and IR programs? What was the composition of your letters for your Rads programs? ie. (1 Rads + 2 IM letters.) and how many rads electives/observerships did you do? Did you do any rads related research?
lol .
bro, I did apply with 3 IM related LOR and 1 INterventional Rad related lor.
I am doing research in point of care US scan right now, which is a broad topic and is also related to ICU, Anaesthesia and IM. i havent done any publish though, as I stared it on this project very recently.

I think my PS, was my strongest asset because I worked hard on it .

It is a community program though, the university programs were in IM residencies

St E’s is a very good program in Boston, affiliated to tufts university. The residents are very nice, the leadership as well. And the training is very good too! Congrats on that interview! I interviewed there lat year, let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I love that st Es was your number 3... I have a soft spot for that program...and that you ranked BI number 2!!
I do like your #1...the people there are great!

St E’s is a very good program in Boston, affiliated to tufts university. The residents are very nice, the leadership as well. And the training is very good too! Congrats on that interview! I interviewed there lat year, let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, I'll do that for sure! :)
I'm pretty excited to finally have an IV in Boston :thumbup:

Reactions: 2 users
Rejection from Virginia Commonwealth Program

Members don't see this ad :)
I love that st Es was your number 3... I have a soft spot for that program...and that you ranked BI number 2!!
I do like your #1...the people there are great!

3 months into intern year and I am so happy with my decision! The people at my program are great! Both residents and faculty :)

Reactions: 3 users
So far : 0 IVs and rejections from: Flushing, Aurora, Kaiser Santa Clara, Legacy health, Medstar Baltimore, Spectrum health, Austin Dell and community memorial hospital.
You are getting rejections so you know. I even don't get that and I dont know they reject it or they are considering. No IVs and I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get any.

I guess there's a high chance this will be a silent Monday since today is a federal holiday =/

I guess there's a high chance this will be a silent Monday since today is a federal holiday =/
I don't know if any hospital will observe Columbus day. I am working in a hospital and things are busy as usual. I only know it's a federal holiday because I just read your post. I think it's just public schools, libraries, federal employees such as city workers and USPS employees that get this day off. Hospital are up and running.

Rejection from Hennepin as well, not holiday after all!

Wondering what criteria Hennepin used for rejections, given that they just received 1900 applications!!

Wondering what criteria Hennepin used for rejections, given that they just received 1900 applications!!
Not IMG friendly at all. They prefer locals with strong ties to the city if IMG. Based on profile of current residents.

Congratulations, can you please share your creds?

Thanks! Very grateful.
US IMG top 3 Caribbean
232/242/passed CS all first time
3 publications and research experiences, 3 work, 6 volunteer

so far 17 IVs, 2 rejs

• Wow
I don't know if any hospital will observe Columbus day. I am working in a hospital and things are busy as usual. I only know it's a federal holiday because I just read your post. I think it's just public schools, libraries, federal employees such as city workers and USPS employees that get this day off. Hospital are up and running.
It’s state (and union) dependent on whether people other than federal employees have the day off.

One of my friend who is a repeat applicant, told me that this match is very slow compare to previous match. Is it true ? If then, what are reasons ? any guess ?

One of my friend who is a repeat applicant, told me that this match is very slow compare to previous match. Is it true ? If then, what are reasons ? any guess ?

Seems about the same to me

Seems about the same to me
May be repeat applicants get less action if there's not much improvement since his last application as YOG is also growing. This is just my hypothesis and not backed up by any scientific data.

Anyone with an IV at Geisinger Wilkes-barre? Considering that it is a recently accredited program, what would be its pros and cons?

rejection from hannepin. -5 +0

• Sad
May be repeat applicants get less action if there's not much improvement since his last application as YOG is also growing. This is just my hypothesis and not backed up by any scientific data.
That is true. Thank you

+1Abington
-1VCU