IMG Internal Medicine Applicants - Match 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi!!! Has anyone interviewed at Lincoln Medical Center?? Any input about the interview day?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection Rochester General. Their season is over.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Hi!!! Has anyone interviewed at Lincoln Medical Center?? Any input about the interview day?
Yes, it is very laid back, you have two interviews. One of mine was with the PD and one was with the chief resident. Others had PD and another faculty member. The PD asks what do you know about Lincoln, tell me something that isn’t on your CV, no behavioral or medical questions. The resident interview was basically a conversation. Maybe I’m wrong, but it kind of seemed like well we just have to do this and like we are not very interested but I might be wrong. It didn’t seem like they would put much stock into the interview. Others may have felt different

Survived the last rejection wave from RGH! I wish they still consider me on their waiting list!

Anyone interviewed at Marshall uni, huntington, Wv? Any input about the interview day and the kind of questions asked will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Yes, it is very laid back, you have two interviews. One of mine was with the PD and one was with the chief resident. Others had PD and another faculty member. The PD asks what do you know about Lincoln, tell me something that isn’t on your CV, no behavioral or medical questions. The resident interview was basically a conversation. Maybe I’m wrong, but it kind of seemed like well we just have to do this and like we are not very interested but I might be wrong. It didn’t seem like they would put much stock into the interview. Others may have felt different
Thank you very much!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody with any info on honorhealth in scottsdale? got it on thursday. only interview of the season unfortunately so im kind of nervous lol

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody with any info on honorhealth in scottsdale? got it on thursday. only interview of the season unfortunately so im kind of nervous lol
Wishing you the best of luck. Knock it out the effing park. Make them get on their knees and beg you to come to their program.

For all the honorhealth boys out there, its a really chill interview day so don't worry.

So I had 2 interviews; 1 with the PD and 1 with another faculty. Each interview was 1/2 of the behavioral/case and the other 1/2 was just normal conversational interview.

The cases they are talking about is just a small vignette with some scenario and you just have to answer how you'll deal with the situation. So like a patient is angry because they had to wait a long time before they can be seen by the provider; how would you handle the situation etc? Another one was patient that is not taking meds as prescribed, but has started taking herbal supplements as a substitute; what would you do?

Other questions were basic: tell me about yourself, what do you do for fun, What do you look for in a program, why our program, tell me about a time you were a leader, tell me about an interesting case etc. Everybody there was extremely nice, and I enjoyed my interview experience. If you have any ties to AZ/Phoenix/Scottsdale, definitely mention they love that.

Just be confident and you will crush it.

Reactions: 1 users
50-60% of ROL or 50-60 people below the number of residents they take?
One third could be correct since people with 1 invite have about a 30-40% chance of matching according to the charting outcomes.

50-60 people on a programs list ( so if 15 spots then 35 - 45 people below the residents they take)

Last edited:
Hey Bobbyyyy,

Great job, im also fellow Canadian recent graduate caribe . can I ask you one question if I may, what went wrong on your last years match, just curies to check what all I did and comparing my experience with your last year match. im just frustrated about my interview invites outcome irrespective of widely applying so far , and had just a few interviews. that is the reason of me asking this question. thanks

hmmm thanks but even this year 3 IM and 2 FM is on the low side.

My problem this year is same thing as last year; being a visa requiring applicant with Lowish scores.
step 3 didn’t help this year as much as I had hoped.
applying to FM helped me get 2 interviews I wouldn’t have had otherwise.

Fingers crossed.

Interviews may stilll come till January, keep your head up hope you match this year, if not, things to consider doing:
Step 3
More clinical rotations, more LORs, improve your CV and PS, get friends to polish it up or get it done professionally.
Maybe work on some pubs or try to get a research fellowship?
Apply to more specialties
Reach out to contacts like uncles, family friends, etc. to try to get interviews.

gluck

Last edited:
Hi guys! Has anyone interviewed at Mount Sinai St Luke's and willing to share their experience? Thanks!

Can anyone share their opinion about how much we can trust positive replies to our thank you emails to the PD? Say I sent a thank you and they replied that they really liked me and they will be ranking me high or that they hope to work with me next year and they think I am a good fit for their program? Is this just a template or does it actually mean something? I appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks

hmmm thanks but even this year 3 IM and 2 FM is on the low side.

My problem this year is same thing as last year; being a visa requiring applicant with Lowish scores.
step 3 didn’t help this year as much as I had hoped.
applying to FM helped me get 2 interviews I wouldn’t have had otherwise.

Fingers crossed.

Interviews may stilll come till January, keep your head up hope you match this year, if not, things to consider doing:
Step 3
More clinical rotations, more LORs, improve your CV and PS, get friends to polish it up or get it done professionally.
Maybe work on some pubs or try to get a research fellowship?
Apply to more specialties
Reach out to contacts like uncles, family friends, etc. to try to get interviews.

gluck
tks, much appreciated.

Can anyone share their opinion about how much we can trust positive replies to our thank you emails to the PD? Say I sent a thank you and they replied that they really liked me and they will be ranking me high or that they hope to work with me next year and they think I am a good fit for their program? Is this just a template or does it actually mean something? I appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks

Don't think too much about it. The answer is you don't know and nobody will ever know. Don't let it affect your gut feeling and experience on interview day

Just a template imo. Loads of people have said this to me, even when I had the feeling I didn't perform my best and I won't suit the program.

Can anyone share their experience at Albert Einstein healthcare network in Philly??

Just means that they are polite and are civil people.

Can anyone share their experience at Albert Einstein healthcare network in Philly??
Interviews with a resident, chief and the PD. The PD is unlike any other PD you'll ever meet lol. Super straight shooter, he won't act fake, unscripted interview, tough guy to crack, your ranking depends on the perception of the residents. He also ranks mainly based on Step 1 score and college only.

Interviews with a resident, chief and the PD. The PD is unlike any other PD you'll ever meet lol. Super straight shooter, he won't act fake, unscripted interview, tough guy to crack, your ranking depends on the perception of the residents. He also ranks mainly based on Step 1 score and college only.
Interesting. But what do you mean by tough guy to crack? Do you mean he’s not easily impressed or invested in the conversation??

Interesting. But what do you mean by tough guy to crack? Do you mean he’s not easily impressed or invested in the conversation??
Not easily impressed and he appears aloof throughout. He won't refrain from pointing out inconsistencies in your CV or what you're saying. And he tries his best to make you feel uncomfortable throughout. He also asks medical questions and gives scenarios.

And he hates it when people suck up to him. He sees right through that. He's been PD for 20 years and is becoming chairman of Medicine soon.

yes. done an observership over there. he strongly believes u are a good candidate if u come from the top medical school in ur country. better know evry word in your cv. ive heard he can give u a very hard time

What do you know about Baystate medical center program ? I heard and read mixed reviews. How does it compare to St Elizabeth-boston ?

yes. done an observership over there. he strongly believes u are a good candidate if u come from the top medical school in ur country. better know evry word in your cv. ive heard he can give u a very hard time
Hey on an unrelated note, was the observership at Einstein useful considering they apparently don't give an LOR?

Hey on an unrelated note, was the observership at Einstein useful considering they apparently don't give an LOR?
it was a good rotation as the hospital is busy. also i was able to get an LOR but many of my co observers were politely turned down. but it clearly did not help to get an interview ... even when i met the PD privately he clearly mentioned he only considers candidates from top schools with great scores and tried a lot to make their program look like it was prestigious one. personally i felt like since the population is majorly IMG they are happy to hve matched in a busy teaching hospital but they dint seem super happy.in my 2 weeks there.. literally every noon conference was cancelled and residents schedules were pretty messed up they said they found it very hard to plan their week offs and holidays.. interns were getting majorly pimped especially during morning report. what makes it nice i guess are your coresidents. every resident was superhelpful and encouraging..i hope this helps

After a quiet forever:
+13 IV Montefiore Wakefield

Reactions: 6 users
After a quiet forever:
+13 IV Montefiore Wakefield
Congrats! Do you think you could post their fellowship match when you go? Specifically interested in cards and pulmcrit. I went a few weeks ago and haven’t been able to find out

Guys, this is the absolute opposite of my experience with him. It was one of the chillest IVs I've had, he was very respectful and appreciative of my experience, asked me absolutely zero medical questons. Can't believe we're talking about the same person.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! Do you think you could post their fellowship match when you go? Specifically interested in cards and pulmcrit. I went a few weeks ago and haven’t been able to find out

Sure, no problem.

Guys, this is the absolute opposite of my experience with him. It was one of the chillest IVs I've had, he was very respectful and appreciative of my experience, asked me absolutely zero medical questons. Can't believe we're talking about the same person.
Lol yes.
Its surprising.

Hello guys!
Any Iv experiences in LSU - Shrevepot?
I would appreciate any info!!!
Thank you!!

Hello fellow applicants! Can anyone share IV experience at UPMC Pinnacle & St Lukes Anderson, please?

Can anyone provide an insight into IV day at University of Maryland Prince George’s? Thanks in advance!