IMG Internal Medicine Applicants - Match 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
University of North Dakota Program Internal Medicine ----- REJECTION/DENIED/Au Revoir/Bye Bye
Same here. I don't even realize applying to this program until I received this rejection lol

Members don't see this ad.

North Dakota rejection
Southeast health rejection

Members don't see this ad :)
No interview in capital letters !
University of Arkansas

Reactions: 1 users
Most active afternoon in the last 2 weeks
-University of North Dakota
-Southeast Health
-University of Arkansas

Reactions: 1 user
Not easily impressed and he appears aloof throughout. He won't refrain from pointing out inconsistencies in your CV or what you're saying. And he tries his best to make you feel uncomfortable throughout. He also asks medical questions and gives scenarios.
Wow had the complete opposite experience. He was such a sweet lovely person. No medical questions at all. He went out of his way to introduce me to a faculty that was born in my home country. Thought that was really nice. Total non medical discussion lol

Can someone please share their IV experience at Harlem Hospital?? Thanks!

Congrats! Do you think you could post their fellowship match when you go? Specifically interested in cards and pulmcrit. I went a few weeks ago and haven’t been able to find out
They don’t seem to have a that strong of a cards / pulm crit fellowship match. 7 cards and 3 pulm in the last four years. But probably if you work really really hard, do research at the main monte and make the right connections

Wow had the complete opposite experience. He was such a sweet lovely person. No medical questions at all. He went out of his way to introduce me to a faculty that was born in my home country. Thought that was really nice. Total non medical discussion lol
Oh wow. I wish we weren't speaking about the same person . This is the PD from Einstein Philadelphia right?
I guess he hated me.

Anyone got an invitation from UMass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I saw on the website but still want to know this years match specifically

They don’t seem to have a that strong of a cards / pulm crit fellowship match. 7 cards and 3 pulm in the last four years. But probably if you work really really hard, do research at the main monte and make the right connections

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh wow. I wish we weren't speaking about the same person . This is the PD from Einstein Philadelphia right?
I guess he hated me.
I’m sure he didn’t. Dr Eiger is his name. Yes Einstein philly

The toughest things in Interviews:
- trying to remain awake in morning meetings
- The tour.

Reactions: 8 users
The toughest things in Interviews:
- trying to remain awake in morning meetings
- The tour.
- the ridiculous cost of plane tickets and hotels when you live in a place where currency is a small fraction of a dollar and you make (as a doctor) less than US minimum wage :shrug:

Reactions: 9 users
- the ridiculous cost of plane tickets and hotels when you live in a place where currency is a small fraction of a dollar and you make (as a doctor) less than US minimum wage :shrug:
Same !

Do you know what they’re looking for? I live ten minutes away and thought they’d consider me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tip top Step 1 score, no attempts, top college, residents who know you personally in the program and good English. That's all.

Anyone knows if saint joseph in Paterson, NJ is prematch?

Well, I have just decided to put an end to this futile attempt at applying in mid-October so I cancelled my only interview at Seton Hall, St Francis in NJ in part because it is far too expensive to travel to the US for a single interview at a small program that interviews 20 people per spot. Also, someone who currently has 2-3 interviews would probably benefit from it far more than me... so fingers crossed that one of you gets it!

Reactions: 4 users
Well, I have just decided to put an end to this futile attempt at applying in mid-October so I cancelled my only interview at Seton Hall, St Francis in NJ in part because it is far too expensive to travel to the US for a single interview at a small program that interviews 20 people per spot. Also, someone who currently has 2-3 interviews would probably benefit from it far more than me... so fingers crossed that one of you gets it!
Not all heroes wear capes.
I got an IV invitation from them in the morning, not sure if it was your cancellation that led to them extending me the invite cause the calendar only had dates for february.

Reactions: 4 users
St. Francis Medical Center, Trenton, NJ rejection

Not all heroes wear capes.
I got an IV invitation from them in the morning, not sure if it was your cancellation that led to them extending me the invite cause the calendar only had dates for february.

I don't know if it's you but I sincerely hope someone does get it! From my standpoint, it made little sense to spend money on travel, accommodation etc for a relatively small chance of matching - knowing I have to spend a bunch again for externships/research and next year's proper application.
And for those who are already in the US an additional interview helps a lot!

Has anyone interviewed at Western Reserve health education/NEOMED in Ohio? any information or insight would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Has anyone interviewed at Western Reserve health education/NEOMED in Ohio? any information or insight would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Very chill. Two interviews with pd/apd and faculty. Standard qs. They do ask one behavioural q. Long term goals. Strengths, weaknesses, hobbies.

When is your interview?

I interviewed at LSU-Shreveport. Interview day was nice. Pre-dinner with 3 residents the night before was very chill and informal. Interview day is x3 with the PD (she's really nice and friendly), and 2 faculty members. One of the interviewers asked me a lot of "script" questions (why medicine, tell me about a time you were on a team, etc). Otherwise, it was a very easy day. They have fellowships in every sub-speciality and have a large catchment area c/w East Texas, SE Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana. Good research opportunities as well. They are now affiliated with Ochsner (largest healthcare network in Louisiana) so there's some money coming in for remodeling.

Anyone interviewed at SUNY downstate? Any feedback? have an interview tomorrow.

SUNY Downstate vs Flushing Hospital vs Jamaica Hospital vs BronxCare vs Montefiore : which was is most malignant? which one out of these ranked in top 3? Any opinions? I've heard awful things about all. I was extremely excited about SUNY but just now red some crazy crazy reddit posts about how awful it i. so really disheartened honestly :(

+San Ysidro Health (California) - has anyone heard anything about this program? Thanks!

guys Danbury is as legendary as we all thought. Just had it yesterday and liked it alot.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone have a feedback or interview experience on SUNY Upstate program? Thanks.

Heyy can you elaborate on that a b
guys Danbury is as legendary as we all thought. Just had it yesterday and liked it alot.
heyy, can you elaborate a bit? What did you like/dislike?
i have an interview there soon. I’ll really appreciate it!!