IMG Internal Medicine Applicants - Match 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That I wanted to get an invite from them, to be honest, I think it would have been my number one. jajajajajajaj. It has a reputation much like kings county (working hard) but the leadership really seems to be on top of their thing. One thing that I would have questions on is on the size of the program (really big) and how would that interfere with you not getting lost in the crowd. Their fellowship match list is one of the best I've seen (don't know is because of the size of the program or the good reputation). Chicago is also a plus for me.

LOL I wanted Uconn and didn’t get it :confused:. Thank you so much for your answer.

Te deseo lo mejor en este match y que quedes en tu #1, muchos exitos y feliz navidad!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
LOL I wanted Uconn and didn’t get it :confused:. Thank you so much for your answer.

Te deseo lo mejor en este match y que quedes en tu #1, muchos exitos y feliz navidad!

Así es la vida jajajajajajja pero todo obra para bien. También te deseo que quedes en tu #1 y que de ahí en adelante que todo sea exito.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Así es la vida jajajajajajja pero todo obra para bien. También te deseo que quedes en tu #1 y que de ahí en adelante que todo sea exito.

For the ignorant lot like myself.

Translation

That's life jajajajajajja but everything works for good. I also wish you to stay in your # 1 and from then on that everything is successful.

Has anyone interviewed at Cleveland clinic/Fairview hospital, and can share any insight about IV day. Thank you in advance!

University of Michigan Health System rejection

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone here have a subscription for UW step 3 that they arent using anymore? or wanting to sell

- Rej?? St Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital/NEOMED Rejection? Waitlisted? both?... I'll take it as a rejection lol

Reactions: 1 user
- Rej?? St Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital/NEOMED Rejection? Waitlisted? both?... I'll take it as a rejection lol
Same here
"If something opens, we will be in touch. At this point, no more interviews will be offered." part sounds more like wait-list unless all applicants got this same message.

St Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital/NEOMED Program Internal Medicine -- REJECTION and with that folks my season has ended...I think

Same here
"If something opens, we will be in touch. At this point, no more interviews will be offered." part sounds more like wait-list unless all applicants got this same message.

Yeah it was a rejection... trying to have the cake and eat it too... BTW I don't have money to go to Ohio lol, at this point I am so tired and broke.

Yeah it was a rejection... trying to have the cake and eat it too... BTW I don't have money to go to Ohio lol, at this point I am so tired and broke.
True, it is too late to remain on wait-list at this point anyways. Hopefully it will trickle down to friends with no IVs so far.

That’s such an uncalled for message. You should call and ask why. I cant imagine a program doing that unless there was a really serious reason

It's from earlier post , she said she was 10 min into interview and they told her to go home essentially because her school wasn't accepted for that program

Thanks guys!
I was thinking that was an apologetic email when I opened it. How terribly unprofessional!
hope y’all have a positive end to the interview season! This was entertaining tho so thought it was worth sharing to break up some of the misery of waiting for rejections and general waiting lol

Sorry for double post but just caught up. Yeah if you aren’t legal to practice in NY you can’t do residency there. They shouldn’t have given you the IV in the first place to avoid this but also even if they didn’t catch it you could get into so much trouble later on if the NY board found out.

I think this was their apology lol where’s my fruit basket?!?!
Please accept lots of virtual hugs and fruit basket. Had you lived near by I would've given you real fruit basket. You will match into a better program. Keep your head up!

• Love
+ Cleveland Clinic (Ohio one) :love:

*Edit: to clarify location

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Anyone know if the “help me rank megathread” for this year is out yet?

I have 10 months of USCE. Grad in 2018. Idk what to think anymore lol

It’s very random and there are varying degrees of affiliation with universities at some community programs to where the line gets blurred. Bottom line is there are far less main campus university programs and most amgs are more familiar with them and will apply there in large numbers leaving less spots for imgs in a lot of cases regardless of how amazing the imgs app is. There are a lot of amazing reputable community programs with in house fellowships and great fellowship placements so I would only focus on the places you have and which ones are the best for you.

Please accept lots of virtual hugs and fruit basket. Had you lived near by I would've given you real fruit basket. You will match into a better program. Keep your head up!
Aww thanks! Waiting for my perfect match ;)
Hope you get your #1

I've just received my CS result this week and have resent it to programs. What are the chances that I could still get more interviews now that I have a complete application.

Hey guys, wondering if I can get some advice here. I have the option to either do an interview at Salem Hospital or St. Mary's Waterbury, due to scheduling conflicts. Any input on these two programs? I have to decide by today, and objectively these seem relatively equal to me.

Hey guys, wondering if I can get some advice here. I have the option to either do an interview at Salem Hospital or St. Mary's Waterbury, due to scheduling conflicts. Any input on these two programs? I have to decide by today, and objectively these seem relatively equal to me.
Which is cheaper to do?

Have you asked the PC if they can schedule another date...once they invite you, they generally are more accommodating in making changes.

salem

Have you asked the PC if they can schedule another date...once they invite you, they generally are more accommodating in making changes.

Yep I did. Unfortunately they said they are overbooked for January. Though they did say I can try to contact them during the middle of the month to see if any spots come up, so I suppose I'll try that.

Aww thanks! Waiting for my perfect match ;)
Hope you get your #1
You're always welcome! We all will get exactly what we want. It's only a matter of time! Some days soon, we we will all look back to this stressful moment as a silly past! We will not forget how we are being treated now. We will use this lesson to become better PDs, interviewers and GME teams that think of candidates as humans with feelings.