Iowa State c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So, they have moved 14 spots basically? That’s amazing!!!
14 spots under that person's ranking. If anyone above them asked they may have moved even more depending on how many people declined their waitlist spot

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
14 spots under that person's ranking. If anyone above them asked they may have moved even more depending on how many people declined their waitlist spot

That is true! I didn’t think about that. Thank you☺️

I just declined my seat at Iowa today and submitted my deposit to Oklahoma State. Good luck you guys!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I actually didn't even consider how many people ranked higher than me have been declining waitlist positions so this made me even more hopeful!! With just the 14 spots we know of moving up I am now 29!! :D

Reactions: 2 users
has anyone after dra.cula on the waitlist (10+ recieved an acceptance)?

(@Dra. Cula congratulations, thank you, and good luck in all your endeavors!)

Thank you! Good luck to you too! :biglove:

What school are you going to? Congrats on the acceptance!

Thank you! I will be accepting my spot in Cornell. It is only around $500 more expensive in tuition, but they give a lot of money in scholarships and grants. I heard Iowa also gives a lot in scholarships, but I never found out around how much that is and I don’t want to risk it.

Reactions: 5 users
Thank you! I will be accepting my spot in Cornell. It is only around $500 more expensive in tuition, but they give a lot of money in scholarships and grants. I heard Iowa also gives a lot in scholarships, but I never found out around how much that is and I don’t want to risk it.
Very Nice! Cornell is a great school!

amazing school! congrats

Watching this form and the waitlist movement like :corny:
I was going to try and call Friday again, anyone get an update today on the list?

Reactions: 4 users
I was going to try and call Friday again, anyone get an update today on the list?

Right?? I feel the same way :arghh: I posted a message to my portal on Saturday so I hope they will answer me by the end of the day today. I will keep you all posted.

Reactions: 6 users
I'm off tomorrow so I'll send them a message and update y'all then.

hahahaha same guys i keep checking here, my email, and the portal. i also sent a message for an updated # CANT CONCENTRATE!

Members don't see this ad :)
I sure hope good news awaits all of us! This wait is killer!

Reactions: 1 users
I also messaged for my updated waitlist position but I’m pretty high on the list so it probably won’t matter to a lot of you.

I also messaged for my updated waitlist position but I’m pretty high on the list so it probably won’t matter to a lot of you.

It will still matter because we will still know roughly how many people have been offered admission based on your new vs your original number!

Accepted my offer to another school and leaving the waitlist for Iowa. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
I sent a message this morning, I’m pretty high on the list, but I also asked if it was possible to for us to know how many people are currently on the list as of now or if 328 is the number we should use permanently. I’ll let y’all know what they say

Reactions: 3 users
i too messaged on saturday. I'm realllllyyy high on the list, so im hoping for some good news.

Do most people have a car on campus

Thank you! Decided to go to Tufts :happy:
The Equine vet I used to work with went to Tufts and loved it! They wouldn't accept my o-chem course since the lecture was online so I didn't apply there but really wanted to. Good Luck at Tufts!

I sent a message this morning, I’m pretty high on the list, but I also asked if it was possible to for us to know how many people are currently on the list as of now or if 328 is the number we should use permanently. I’ll let y’all know what they say
That is a great question I didn’t even consider rethinking the 328 total differently.

By “high” you guys mean a very big number or a higher spot on the list and closer to 1?

:( This wait is killing me

I wish the numbers on our portal would update as the waitlist moves :arghh: is that so much to ask?! Haha

I sent a message through the portal about 6 hours ago asking about the alternate list status so I'll post here whenever I get a response.

I sent a message through the portal about 6 hours ago asking about the alternate list status so I'll post here whenever I get a response.

I sent a message on the portal on Saturday and still have yet to get a response so hopefully they respond soon lol

I sent a message on the portal on Saturday and still have yet to get a response so hopefully they respond soon lol
I'll try directly emailing them if I dont hear back by the end of the week.

I'll try directly emailing them if I dont hear back by the end of the week.

I had called the number you gave me last week and she was very nice and told me my new number then! That may be the way to go?

Yes! And Kathryn said that is the best number to find out your status! And she gives you your new position on the list :)

Yes! Her office number is how I was able to reach her!
Please update if anyone hears! I’d hate for everyone to bombard her! Haha
I left a message for her! Hopefully she calls back or responds to my portal.

Since you called I'll just wait it out haha

I don't want to flood her with all of these calls

I called her and was able to speak to her! She said the dean has been keeping her busy with some important tasks. However, she thinks that she will be able to get to everyone's portal messages tomorrow or Friday!!:)

Yeah, I feel bad that all of us are flooding her voicemail and our portals with messages. I understand were all anxious, but we should probably calm down until Monday. This Sunday is when everyone needs to submit their deposits, so come Monday there should be A LOT of movement. I'm also on another waitlist so I'm hopeful I get good news from one of the two.

I should also add that I'm like dead last on the waitlist. I'm number 326/328 lol so my chances are super slim, but hey I'm still hoping for the best.

Reactions: 3 users