Iowa State c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
97 already?! are they still considering if you are in state or out of state?

They have everyone on one list

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Iowa waitlisters! Saw on FB someone was #97 and they were offered and declined their spot. Good luck all!
Hmmm... we have multiple people who have posted on here saying that they are lower numbers than 97 so I highly doubt that unless the numbers mean nothing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
What I read on a FB group was that they were 97 on the waitlist and declined their waitlist spot! I think that is the same comment the other person was referring to!
Happy waiting everyone! Here's to hoping they get through the whole waitlist! haha

Reactions: 4 users
21/328!!!!! Turned my Monday around☺️

Reactions: 5 users
Hmmm... we have multiple people who have posted on here saying that they are lower numbers than 97 so I highly doubt that unless the numbers mean nothing.

Maybe they just declined their waitlist spot?
Ah yes that must be it. I'm half sleep deprived I apologize. Regardless good luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
1/328 and I haven’t recieved an acceptance message yet.

Reactions: 9 users
I am very lowwwwww on the list :angelic: so good luck everyone else!!

Just curious who is going to the Class of 2022 Visit day? Are you committed, admitted or alternate?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1/328 I recieved my acceptance notification and will be accepting it!!

Reactions: 14 users
1/328 I recieved my acceptance notification and will be accepting it!!
Congrats! See you in the fall! There's a lot of people looking for roommates on the ISU c/o 2022 Facebook page!

I just got an email being offered admission. I will more than likely turn it down. Good luck to everyone still on the list!

Reactions: 5 users
I just got an email being offered admission. I will more than likely turn it down. Good luck to everyone still on the list!
Would you mind saying what number you were on the list so we have an idea of how it's moving?

209/328. Very discouraged right now

Would you mind saying what number you were on the list so we have an idea of how it's moving?

As far as I can tell, I did not get an email with my number. I will double check after getting off work, but all I see is the acceptance letter. Sorry

As far as I can tell, I did not get an email with my number. I will double check after getting off work, but all I see is the acceptance letter. Sorry
Oh that's alright, I was more curious than anything so no worries.

They didn't send any emails but the portal should be updated on the status page if you want to see where you were.

Oh that's alright, I was more curious than anything so no worries.

They didn't send any emails but the portal should be updated on the status page if you want to see where you were.

OK I just double checked and the only message on my portal is the acceptance. The next previous one is from March 30 reminding everyone to either accept or deny to remain on the alternate list.

OK I just double checked and the only message on my portal is the acceptance. The next previous one is from March 30 reminding everyone to either accept or deny to remain on the alternate list.
They didn't send any message through the portal, it's in the section called "My Status Page" where it says your current status

I’m 289 sooo.. yeah, don’t think it’s worth it to spend the money to make it to the visit weekend anymore...

Do you know the best number to call and see where they're at on the waitlist? Or where you just going to call the admissions office? I was thinking about calling Friday?

Alternate...43/328 o_Oprobably higher than that now though because people are already getting accepted from the alternate list or turning down spots. Hopeful!!!

When do we need to buy a stethoscope? And do we actually have to buy a laptop or is it included in our tuition fees?

When do we need to buy a stethoscope? And do we actually have to buy a laptop or is it included in our tuition fees?
You can buy one before you attend or there is a stethoscope fair early on your first year. The laptop is included in the tuition fees.

You can buy one before you attend or there is a stethoscope fair early on your first year. The laptop is included in the tuition fees.
Any recommendations on which one to get?

Any recommendations on which one to get?
Laptops will be given out during orientation in August. I bought the newest model of littman cardiology and love it. I had previously worked for a cardiologist for awhile and she highly recommended littman. There is a fair within the first few weeks of school if you prefer to wait to order one so you can look at all the different models and companies.

Hey Iowa waitlisters! Saw on FB someone was #97 and they were offered and declined their spot. Good luck all!

I think that they meant they were on the alternate list but ended up getting accepted to another school or something of that sort so they called to give up their seat. At Least that's how I took it.

Does anyone know the deposit amount for Iowa and how long we have to pay it?

I believe the amount is $500. This page has a lot of good info for the incoming class
vetmed.iastate.edu/future-dvm-students/apply-college/applicant-information/class-2022-information

It is $500 and it has to be paid by the 16th, at least for those of us who have already recieved admission.

Hello everyone! I am currently a first year here at Iowa State CVM! I will also be one of the students on the student panel for those of you coming to open house this weekend. (April 7)

Just wanted to post some inspiration since I know wait list numbers came out today! I was on the waitlist last year, and so were a lot of my friends, so don't be discouraged by this. People decline their offers for a bunch of different reasons and until you receive that rejection letter, don't give up. I know students who were called the day before classes started to take a spot!

You will all do great and become veterinarians!

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions and I look forward to seeing some of you on Saturday :)

Reactions: 9 users
The list size basically doubled from last year and I don't see the point of doing it since it is impossible to go through ~300 people.

As I understand it, the laptop fee isn't "included" in tuition fees. But it sounds like it is an associated fee (like access to the gyms is about a $300 fee that's automatically applied to the U-Bill).

The following statement from the Student Tablet Computer document on the admitted student page:

"After you are admitted to veterinary school, a charge for the cost of the computer will be placed on your University Bill for the Fall Semester. As an entering VM student, the cost of the computer has already been factored into the financial aid award offer which you received in May. If you have questions about the financial aid award, please contact the Office of Financial Aid."

So it is factored into the financial aid award, if that makes sense. To break it down, Spring semester in-state was $11,196 + Activity fee of $331.95 + Health facility fee of $8.00 + Health fee $120.00 + Technology fee of $130 = TOTAL VET MED RESIDENT TUITION FEES of $11,785,95.

The laptop will be an extra $2,550 in the fall semesters tuition, so fall will probably cost $14,335.95, IF tuition fees aren't changed. You can see what the activity fee, health facility fee, etc entails: registrar.iastate.edu/fees/othfee.

*Edit, I would've put links in but because I'm new to SDN, I am not allowed to :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 10.33.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 10.33.15 AM.png
    148.9 KB · Views: 43
As I understand it, the laptop fee isn't "included" in tuition fees. But it sounds like it is an associated fee (like access to the gyms is about a $300 fee that's automatically applied to the U-Bill).

The following statement from the Student Tablet Computer document on the admitted student page:

"After you are admitted to veterinary school, a charge for the cost of the computer will be placed on your University Bill for the Fall Semester. As an entering VM student, the cost of the computer has already been factored into the financial aid award offer which you received in May. If you have questions about the financial aid award, please contact the Office of Financial Aid."

So it is factored into the financial aid award, if that makes sense. To break it down, Spring semester in-state was $11,196 + Activity fee of $331.95 + Health facility fee of $8.00 + Health fee $120.00 + Technology fee of $130 = TOTAL VET MED RESIDENT TUITION FEES of $11,785,95.

The laptop will be an extra $2,550 in the fall semesters tuition, so fall will probably cost $14,335.95, IF tuition fees aren't changed. You can see what the activity fee, health facility fee, etc entails: registrar.iastate.edu/fees/othfee.

*Edit, I would've put links in but because I'm new to SDN, I am not allowed to :(
I think OP may have been wondering more if it was something they needed to go out and buy themselves or if the school was going to be providing them. Some schools require you to have a certain computer but you actually have to go out and purchase it yourself from a store versus from the school, but in this case, you don’t buy it yourself and they’re bought from the school.

I think OP may have been wondering more if it was something they needed to go out and buy themselves or if the school was going to be providing them. Some schools require you to have a certain computer but you actually have to go out and purchase it yourself from a store versus from the school, but in this case, you don’t buy it yourself and they’re bought from the school.
Ahh you're probably right.

Any way you slice it, the computer isn't cheap. Wish I didn't have to buy it, but it does make everything homogenous and students can't complain they can't download or view something because of a software issue (unless everyone has the issue).