You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Iowa State c/o 2022 applicants
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Oh I have no clue im just being silly.@Adambuff Dang. Is the alternate list that long? I’m probably 501 then!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I said the same thing but like 601I'm probably like 500th on the alt list lol.


When will they tell us our number on the alternate list?I was placed on the alternate list, they said if I respond that I want to remain there, they will send me a ranked number after I accept alternate status. So that’s nice, I have friends on other alternate lists that are not ranked.
I will have to ask them then once I get off the bus, then.I asked via my messaging system if they received my acceptance of the alternate spot and they said no. So I had to resubmit. So now there is another thing to worry about haha.
Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
Isn’t there a form or something that you need to fill out online to accept the spot? I thought they will automatically confirm that you accept the spot once you submitted the form.I asked via my messaging system if they received my acceptance of the alternate spot and they said no. So I had to resubmit. So now there is another thing to worry about haha.
Hey everyone! I was an alternate last year and pull off the wait list. They started pulling off their waitlist late March/early April. Just depends how quickly people accept or deny their positions as they hear from other schools. They went through a huge wait list last year to fill the class so if you’re an alternate I would not loose hope yet!
Alternate! OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted OSS but will be declining my spot to go elsewhere. Good luck to everyone!
Alternate OOS! Guys do not lose hope! I think the waitlist is around 150 to 200 people. I was told last year they went into their interview waitlist but don't quote me on this. I am so excited! I like Iowa even better than my in-state!
For current students, when did you get accepted off the waitlist? I am sure the webinar tonight will answer many questions!
For current students, when did you get accepted off the waitlist? I am sure the webinar tonight will answer many questions!
But there is no interview waitlist this year.Alternate OOS! Guys do not lose hope! I think the waitlist is around 150 to 200 people. I was told last year they went into their interview waitlist but don't quote me on this. I am so excited! I like Iowa even better than my in-state!
For current students, when did you get accepted off the waitlist? I am sure the webinar tonight will answer many questions!
Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
It says in the messaging system by April 3rd.When will they tell us our number on the alternate list?
Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
ITS MY YEAR.FYI today is the Chinese New Year! The year of Dog! So new year new luck everyone!
Maybe it’ll be my year with vet school too???????

I have to assume that if someone declines you will no sooner. I just got this from them on the ISU message system.
We don't give out alternate numbers right away because the list will be extremely dynamic between now and April 3. The number we might give an alternate today would be markedly different from the one on April 3 (that is, it will be a number higher on the list by April 3).
Regards,
Dr. Howard
We don't give out alternate numbers right away because the list will be extremely dynamic between now and April 3. The number we might give an alternate today would be markedly different from the one on April 3 (that is, it will be a number higher on the list by April 3).
Regards,
Dr. Howard
Alternate as well! OOS
OOS alternate as well! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha you are right! Let me rephrase that. Today is the Chinese New Year in China and the New Year Eve here in America!@ka2zi1221 Actually, it's tomorrow 😛. Today is Chinese New Year's Eve 😀
I know that the webinars get posted after they are done for others to watch later. Does anyone know where I could find them? I'd like to watch tonight's sometime later but don't know where to check. Thanks!
If you go back a few pages (or search through my posts), I linked the interim dean webinar! I think the rest are found in the same YouTube channel.I know that the webinars get posted after they are done for others to watch later. Does anyone know where I could find them? I'd like to watch tonight's sometime later but don't know where to check. Thanks!
We'll upload a recording of tonight's student panel tomorrow before 12:00pm CST. We'll email the link out as well as posting it on youtube.I know that the webinars get posted after they are done for others to watch later. Does anyone know where I could find them? I'd like to watch tonight's sometime later but don't know where to check. Thanks!
You know if your alternate form went through when your status changes.
the same thing is happening to me; its says "no response" will it take a while for that to be updated or is it automatic?I asked via my messaging system if they received my acceptance of the alternate spot and they said no. So I had to resubmit. So now there is another thing to worry about haha.
OOS alternate as well;
Man this waiting game is going to suck!
Man this waiting game is going to suck!
I know a few people that were rejected. They probably won’t post on here both were OOS.Jeez has anyone been rejected or is it accept or waitlisted lol
Jeez has anyone been rejected or is it accept or waitlisted lol
Me! Hahaha but it’s okay I was neither expecting nor really banking on getting in. it would’ve been nice but I did get into two other schools and am waiting on a response so I have options fortunately. Congrats to all you accepted/alternate kids proud of you!!
We update that manually so it may take a while to change from "no response".the same thing is happening to me; its says "no response" will it take a while for that to be updated or is it automatic?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There will be one in the spring! Watch your email for an invite coming soon.Anyone know if there going to be an open house on campus soon, so that accepted students can visit before making a decision?
Alternate OOS! Guys do not lose hope! I think the waitlist is around 150 to 200 people. I was told last year they went into their interview waitlist but don't quote me on this. I am so excited! I like Iowa even better than my in-state!
For current students, when did you get accepted off the waitlist? I am sure the webinar tonight will answer many questions!
They usually don’t start taking people off the waitlist until after the accept/decline decision date since they won’t know how many seats they need to fill until then. The waitlist has moved a lot in past years, so congrats on making it onto the list! They keep going until all the seats are filled, so that can happen by May or as late as August, just depends on the year.OOS alternate as well! So as some of the OOS accepted students decline admission, will they be sending out acceptances to the alternate list right away? Or will they be waiting until April 3 once the list is sent out?
You give me hope, EN 😍They usually don’t start taking people off the waitlist until after the accept/decline decision date since they won’t know how many seats they need to fill until then. The waitlist has moved a lot in past years, so congrats on making it onto the list! They keep going until all the seats are filled, so that can happen by May or as late as August, just depends on the year.
OK so someone explain to me what you do if you get told in August? Pray you can up and move and find housing in time? Lol
BasicallyOK so someone explain to me what you do if you get told in August? Pray you can up and move and find housing in time? Lol
Or decline it and hope for the next year :\
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 1K
Waiting to hear back from two other schools who aren't asking me to finish OChemII, so this spot very well might become available to the alternate list!