You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Iowa State c/o 2022 applicants
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
There’s lots of part time jobs through the college like being reps for different companies, working in the library, AV techs, tutoring, etc. I’m hoping to take a position in the veterinary diagnostic lab by the end of the semester to off set costs a bit.Thank you guys! More questions! How successful are students at finding a part time job? About scholarships: I see many listed - how hard are they to obtain? Are there OOS students who successfully make tuition more bearable through scholarships?
As for scholarships this is my first year applying for them, I filled out a common application for most of them to be considered but the college sends out emails to let you know of other scholarship opportunities as well.
Tuition here is much cheaper for me than even going instate so I’m already saving money there haha. But best way to try and limit your loans is to minimizing your living expenses. Luckily my family was able to purchase me a trailer in the trailer park so I have no rent to pay. My roommate pays me rent which covers the lot fee for the trailer to sit there in the park. I also saved up a ton of money over the summer to try and not take out loans to pay for my food, health care, club dues, etc. I worked crazy hours over the summer to do so but in the long run it was worth it to me!
There are Hills, Purina, Royal Canin, and Oxbow Reps and all offer discounts for pet food including prescriptions.Thanks. Another question: do students get any kind of discount on pet food or pet medical care through the university?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I currently have a very part time job reading articles that are to be published for one of the ophthalmologists that's really flexible around my schedule. Some students work but most focus only on school. As far as scholarships I think very few people receive scholarships for their first year but that could just be due to how many people are applying for them and when you get accepted to the program.Thank you guys! More questions! How successful are students at finding a part time job? About scholarships: I see many listed - how hard are they to obtain? Are there OOS students who successfully make tuition more bearable through scholarships?
Mind sharing your stats as to gage how the alternate list looks?
21 year old female, MA resident, first time applicant
Applied: Iowa, Tufts, NCSU, VMCVM, And Wisconsin
Rejections: NCSU and VMCVM
Wait-listed: Wisconsin
Interviews: Tufts
Accepted: Iowa! and Waiting on Tufts
Attending: Unsure
Cum GPA: 3.91
Science GPA: 3.84
Last 45: 4.0
GRE (V/Q/W): 159/163/4.5
Degree: BS Honors Pre-Veterinary Science
Veterinary Hours:
1456 hours Small Animal
45 hours Veterinary Intern at a local Humane Society
Animal hours:
120 hours Animal Care Intern at local humane society
200 hours Animal Management courses
324 hours Zoo Intern
52 hours Farmhand at University Farm
~2500 hours Working in animal care / dog bathing
70 Tufts AVM program
Research:
150 hours working on Honors Thesis on Factory Farming and Bio-security.
Other Extra-curricular:
Varsity Soccer (High School)
Concert Choir (High School)
Special Olympics Volunteer (High School)
Honors College
Employment:
Customer Service
Farm Hand
Pet Care Associate / Dog Bather
Bus Driver and Radio Dispatcher
Awards/honors:
Dean’s List 6/7 semesters so far
John & Abigail Adams Scholarship
Dean's Scholarship
UMass Amherst Grant
BHE Grant
Ernie Branco Scholarship
LORs:
1 From Small Animal Vet I worked closely with
1 Professor for Animal Nutrition and also my Advisor
1 Animal Science Professor
21 year old female, MA resident, first time applicant
Applied: Iowa, Tufts, NCSU, VMCVM, And Wisconsin
Rejections: NCSU and VMCVM
Wait-listed: Wisconsin
Interviews: Tufts
Accepted: Iowa! and Waiting on Tufts
Attending: Unsure
Cum GPA: 3.91
Science GPA: 3.84
Last 45: 4.0
GRE (V/Q/W): 159/163/4.5
Degree: BS Honors Pre-Veterinary Science
Veterinary Hours:
1456 hours Small Animal
45 hours Veterinary Intern at a local Humane Society
Animal hours:
120 hours Animal Care Intern at local humane society
200 hours Animal Management courses
324 hours Zoo Intern
52 hours Farmhand at University Farm
~2500 hours Working in animal care / dog bathing
70 Tufts AVM program
Research:
150 hours working on Honors Thesis on Factory Farming and Bio-security.
Other Extra-curricular:
Varsity Soccer (High School)
Concert Choir (High School)
Special Olympics Volunteer (High School)
Honors College
Employment:
Customer Service
Farm Hand
Pet Care Associate / Dog Bather
Bus Driver and Radio Dispatcher
Awards/honors:
Dean’s List 6/7 semesters so far
John & Abigail Adams Scholarship
Dean's Scholarship
UMass Amherst Grant
BHE Grant
Ernie Branco Scholarship
LORs:
1 From Small Animal Vet I worked closely with
1 Professor for Animal Nutrition and also my Advisor
1 Animal Science Professor
Wow I'm out lol if that's an alternate
Wow I'm out lol if that's an alternate
Don’t be too discouraged. It’s a crap shoot. My cumulative GPA is not nearly that high and I somehow got in.
I think they were accepted not alternate?Wow I'm out lol if that's an alternate
Don't give up hope! I was accepted OOS; here are my stats.Wow I'm out lol if that's an alternate
23 year old AZ resident, female, 1st time applicant
Applied: Iowa State, Wisconsin, Lincoln Memorial, Oregon State, Washington State
Interview invites: Lincoln Memorial, Washington State (the three other schools did not do interviews either for OOS or both IS/OOS)
Rejected: none (so far, still waiting on LMU)
Waitlisted: Washington State, Oregon State
Accepted: Iowa State, Wisconsin
Attending: I don't know yet! visiting UW this upcoming week for Admitted Students Day. I have visited Iowa and love it there, but I don't want to make a decision without being well-informed of both of my options.
Degree: B.S. in Veterinary Science with minors in Biochemistry and Special Education Rehabilitation Programs (3 other associate degrees from CC after University)
Retook Physics 1 at a community college because I got a D in it the first semester. Aced it the second time around, so it goes to show that you can still get in with a bad grade!
Overall GPA: 3.47
Undergrad GPA: 3.43
Science GPA: 3.19
Last 45 GPA: 3.8
GRE: 155V/153Q/5.0AW
Vet Experience:
- 2500+ Veterinary hours (companion animals, caprines, equine, avians, wildlife, fish, porcine, rodents, lagomorphs)
- 2000+ Animal hours (companion animals, rodents, lagomorphs, avians)
- 64 Research Hours (currently on an IACUC protocol for another project currently, but this was when my app was submitted)
- 300+ Employment Hours (non-animal related)
- 3 different academic scholarships
- Graduated with Highest Honors (4.0) from my CC
- Dean's List for 3 different semesters at my university
- Major Outstanding Senior nomination at my university
- Academic Distinction for 1 year at my university
- National Scholar
- National Hispanic Honors Scholar
- AP Scholar (I included this because of my AP classes being transferred to my university transcript)
- Captain of Girl's Varsity Golf Team my senior year of HS (I included this because in one of my supplemental essays I talked about this experience)
- Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society
- Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society
- Alpha Zeta Professional Fraternity
- Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
- 4 SA veterinarians who I worked with for over a year (graduated from Ross, PEI, Wisconsin, and Florida respectively)
- 1 SA/emergency veterinarian who also was a professor at my university (graduated from Missouri)
Talked about my focus in One Health and how veterinarians are key members of the community when it comes to public health and education.
Iowa st doesn’t consider cumulative GPA. They only use it as minimum to be eleigble. It is not used in the evaluation process.Don’t be too discouraged. It’s a crap shoot. My cumulative GPA is not nearly that high and I somehow got in.
If anyone needs reassurance with how fast the alternate list moves, this is from my friend a first year at ISU:
Hey Courtney! I was actually interviewed waitlisted last year and got pulled at the end of May to interview and was accepted June 1st. The waitlist was 169 people last year and then the interview waitlist was 62. I was #2 on the interview list so they went through 171 people before getting to me
Hey Courtney! I was actually interviewed waitlisted last year and got pulled at the end of May to interview and was accepted June 1st. The waitlist was 169 people last year and then the interview waitlist was 62. I was #2 on the interview list so they went through 171 people before getting to me
21 year old female, MA resident, first time applicant
Applied: Iowa, Tufts, NCSU, VMCVM, And Wisconsin
Rejections: NCSU and VMCVM
Wait-listed: Wisconsin
Interviews: Tufts
Accepted: Iowa! and Waiting on Tufts
Attending: Unsure
Cum GPA: 3.91
Science GPA: 3.84
Last 45: 4.0
GRE (V/Q/W): 159/163/4.5
Degree: BS Honors Pre-Veterinary Science
Veterinary Hours:
1456 hours Small Animal
45 hours Veterinary Intern at a local Humane Society
Animal hours:
120 hours Animal Care Intern at local humane society
200 hours Animal Management courses
324 hours Zoo Intern
52 hours Farmhand at University Farm
~2500 hours Working in animal care / dog bathing
70 Tufts AVM program
Research:
150 hours working on Honors Thesis on Factory Farming and Bio-security.
Other Extra-curricular:
Varsity Soccer (High School)
Concert Choir (High School)
Special Olympics Volunteer (High School)
Honors College
Employment:
Customer Service
Farm Hand
Pet Care Associate / Dog Bather
Bus Driver and Radio Dispatcher
Awards/honors:
Dean’s List 6/7 semesters so far
John & Abigail Adams Scholarship
Dean's Scholarship
UMass Amherst Grant
BHE Grant
Ernie Branco Scholarship
LORs:
1 From Small Animal Vet I worked closely with
1 Professor for Animal Nutrition and also my Advisor
1 Animal Science Professor
Go to Iowa- so much cheaper! Haha speaking as a fellow MA applicant
Did you go to UMass A?21 year old female, MA resident, first time applicant
Applied: Iowa, Tufts, NCSU, VMCVM, And Wisconsin
Rejections: NCSU and VMCVM
Wait-listed: Wisconsin
Interviews: Tufts
Accepted: Iowa! and Waiting on Tufts
Attending: Unsure
Cum GPA: 3.91
Science GPA: 3.84
Last 45: 4.0
GRE (V/Q/W): 159/163/4.5
Degree: BS Honors Pre-Veterinary Science
Veterinary Hours:
1456 hours Small Animal
45 hours Veterinary Intern at a local Humane Society
Animal hours:
120 hours Animal Care Intern at local humane society
200 hours Animal Management courses
324 hours Zoo Intern
52 hours Farmhand at University Farm
~2500 hours Working in animal care / dog bathing
70 Tufts AVM program
Research:
150 hours working on Honors Thesis on Factory Farming and Bio-security.
Other Extra-curricular:
Varsity Soccer (High School)
Concert Choir (High School)
Special Olympics Volunteer (High School)
Honors College
Employment:
Customer Service
Farm Hand
Pet Care Associate / Dog Bather
Bus Driver and Radio Dispatcher
Awards/honors:
Dean’s List 6/7 semesters so far
John & Abigail Adams Scholarship
Dean's Scholarship
UMass Amherst Grant
BHE Grant
Ernie Branco Scholarship
LORs:
1 From Small Animal Vet I worked closely with
1 Professor for Animal Nutrition and also my Advisor
1 Animal Science Professor
Did you go to UMass A?
Yeah, I'll be graduating this year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So even if your cumulative gpa is extremely high you are still considered the same as someone with a low cumulative gpa? So how is the academic review 50%? Everyone gets that 50% as long as they meet the minimum gpa?Iowa st doesn’t consider cumulative GPA. They only use it as minimum to be eleigble. It is not used in the evaluation process.
Yeah, I'll be graduating this year.
Cool, I graduated 2 years ago.
I am a prime example. My cumulative GPA was around 2.95 (yes 2.95 not a typo). This was because of a previous degree. However, my science and last 45 were both over 3.8. I was accepted OOS.So even if your cumulative gpa is extremely high you are still considered the same as someone with a low cumulative gpa? So how is the academic review 50%? Everyone gets that 50% as long as they meet the minimum gpa?
Attachments
I am a prime example. My cumulative GPA was around 2.95 (yes 2.95 not a typo). This was because of a previous degree. However, my science and last 45 were both over 3.8. I was accepted
Wow! Maybe they just look at the science and last 45 hours for the 50% academic review? Are you accepting your offer?
Maybe they just look at the science and last 45 hours for the 50% academic review?I am a prime example. My cumulative GPA was around 2.95 (yes 2.95 not a typo). This was because of a previous degree. However, my science and last 45 were both over 3.8. I was accepted OOS.
What were your others stats if you don’t mind me asking?
That IS all they look at. You just have to meet the minimum cumulative gpa to be considered at all.Maybe they just look at the science and last 45 hours for the 50% academic review?
Maybe they just look at the science and last 45 hours for the 50% academic review?
What were your others stats if you don’t mind me asking?
28 yr old, Male, Florida Resident, first time applicant, non-traditional
Applied: UF, Minnesota, Michigan St, VMCVM, LSU, Midwestern, K-State, Iowa St, Wash St, UPenn
Interview Invites: UF, Minnesota, Michigan St, Midwestern, K-State (declined interview), Wash St (declined interview)
Rejected: UPenn, UF, VMCVM
Waiting to hear: LSU (OOS Alternate), Minnesota (interviewed on February 17th)
Accepted: Midwestern, Iowa State, Michigan State
Attending: TBD, (waiting for decision at Minnesota)
Degree: B.S. in Finance at Florida Gulf Coast University
Cumulative GPA: 2.92 (goes to show you there is hope for low GPA Applicants)
Last 45 GPA: 3.81
Science GPA: 3.92
GRE: 150V/153Q/4.0W
Veterinary Experience (5221 hours)
- 486 hours working as a veterinary technician at a general practice clinic (saw exotics/avian as well)
- 2040 hours working as a receptionist at a small animal specialty and 24 hour ER hospital
- 2580 hours working as a veterinary technician assistant at a small animal specialty and 24 hour ER hospital
- 150 hours shadowing/helping an equine veterinarian at an ambulatory equine practice
- 15 hours volunteering at a wildlife hospital at a conservancy
Animal Experience (155 hours)
- 15 hours in a zoo commissary (volunteer)
- 20 hours with a parrot rescue (volunteer)
- 20 hours at a dog show (volunteer)
Leadership/extracurricular:
- 2 years of a historian of a medical club (founding officer)
- 2 years of Pre-Vet Society (general member)
- 2 years of volunteering during the summer for a CEO academy for high school students (40 hours)
- 30 hours volunteering for drug free collier (local drug prevention organization)
Work Experience
- 550 hours as a line cook (local restaurant)
- 836 hours as a line/prep cook (retirement community)
- 5920 hours as a front end supervisor/fax-n-pull associate (Sams Club)
- 600 hours as a dietary server (retirement community)
- 6880 hours as a bank teller (Regions Bank)
- 2120 hours as a licensed financial professional associate (Prudential Financial)
- 600 hours as a personal banker (Comerica Bank)
Honors/Awards:
- 4 x scholarship recipient
- Presidents list (2 Semesters)
- Summer Sales contest winner (Prudential)
Letters of Recommendation:
- Owner/ Board Certified Surgeon at Specialty/ER hospital
- Small Animal veterinarian from Specialty/ER hospital
- Veterinarian from a veterinary practice consulting company
- Equine Veterinarian
- Calculus Professor from FGCU
- Director of the Institute for Entrepreneurship/Professor at FGCU
Im number 52 at the moment, just outside the "green zone". Im pretty confident they should go into the 60's, however, I don't want to get to excited.Im an OOS alternate sitting 41st at LSU (most likely to get a seat). Where are you sitting there? Our stats compare pretty much except you are older and have more actual work experience. I’m 25 and spent my time in college doing research.
So were you an alternate and recently offered a seat? Or were you directly admitted?Don't give up hope! I was accepted OOS; here are my stats.
23 year old AZ resident, female, 1st time applicant
Applied: Iowa State, Wisconsin, Lincoln Memorial, Oregon State, Washington State
Interview invites: Lincoln Memorial, Washington State (the three other schools did not do interviews either for OOS or both IS/OOS)
Rejected: none (so far, still waiting on LMU)
Waitlisted: Washington State, Oregon State
Accepted: Iowa State, Wisconsin
Attending: I don't know yet! visiting UW this upcoming week for Admitted Students Day. I have visited Iowa and love it there, but I don't want to make a decision without being well-informed of both of my options.
Degree: B.S. in Veterinary Science with minors in Biochemistry and Special Education Rehabilitation Programs (3 other associate degrees from CC after University)
Retook Physics 1 at a community college because I got a D in it the first semester. Aced it the second time around, so it goes to show that you can still get in with a bad grade!
Overall GPA: 3.47
Undergrad GPA: 3.43
Science GPA: 3.19
Last 45 GPA: 3.8
GRE: 155V/153Q/5.0AW
Vet Experience:
Animal Experience:
- 2500+ Veterinary hours (companion animals, caprines, equine, avians, wildlife, fish, porcine, rodents, lagomorphs)
Research:
- 2000+ Animal hours (companion animals, rodents, lagomorphs, avians)
Employment:
- 64 Research Hours (currently on an IACUC protocol for another project currently, but this was when my app was submitted)
Honors/Awards
- 300+ Employment Hours (non-animal related)
Extracurriculars:
- 3 different academic scholarships
- Graduated with Highest Honors (4.0) from my CC
- Dean's List for 3 different semesters at my university
- Major Outstanding Senior nomination at my university
- Academic Distinction for 1 year at my university
- National Scholar
- National Hispanic Honors Scholar
- AP Scholar (I included this because of my AP classes being transferred to my university transcript)
- Captain of Girl's Varsity Golf Team my senior year of HS (I included this because in one of my supplemental essays I talked about this experience)
eLORs:
- Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society
- Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society
- Alpha Zeta Professional Fraternity
- Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
Essays
- 4 SA veterinarians who I worked with for over a year (graduated from Ross, PEI, Wisconsin, and Florida respectively)
- 1 SA/emergency veterinarian who also was a professor at my university (graduated from Missouri)
Talked about my focus in One Health and how veterinarians are key members of the community when it comes to public health and education.
OOS I was just taken off the alternate list!!
Yes people already have been pulled [emoji16]I am an alternate. My stats pretty closely compare to the alternate that was accepted recently and the person who posted their admitted stats. Do they ever start pulling from the alternate list before April?
Directly admitted [emoji16]So were you an alternate and recently offered a seat? Or were you directly admitted?
Yes people already have been pulled [emoji16]
Directly admitted [emoji16]
Maybe I have hope Bc my stats are better than most of these admitsYes people already have been pulled [emoji16]
The ISU CVM alternate list moves quite a bit, so I'm sure you'll get called off the list [emoji4]Maybe I have hope Bc my stats are better than most of these admits
........way to inadvertently put people down?Maybe I have hope Bc my stats are better than most of these admits
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I hope I’m getting kind of discouragedThe ISU CVM alternate list moves quite a bit, so I'm sure you'll get called off the list [emoji4]
Congrats on being accepted! I'm feeling much better after reading through the forum today. My cumulative is a 3.0 but my last 45 and Science GPA are 3.3 and 3.34 so I feel a little more confident that I may get pulled off the alternate list!The ISU CVM alternate list moves quite a bit, so I'm sure you'll get called off the list [emoji4]
Have a little over 1200 small animal hours, 2500+ large animal, 500-600 research hours.
Just don't have the patience I need to have lol
D
deleted676737
Yes, ISU only considers the science and last 45 hours GPAs. Cumulative GPA isn't considered at all past making sure that you meet the 2.5 minimum, which was good news for me. I was admitted back in 2016 with a 3.2 cumulative, and 3.6ish for both last 45 hours and science, if I remember correctly. That said, I was considered in the IS pool which isn't as competetive.
Still! The stress has been lifted off my shoulders a bit! Whats your favorite part about the program and can you tell me a little bit about the weather? I'm from Texas so I have no idea how the winters or summers are up there. eh heh.Yes, ISU only considers the science and last 45 hours GPAs. Cumulative GPA isn't considered at all past making sure that you meet the 2.5 minimum, which was good news for me. I was admitted back in 2016 with a 3.2 cumulative, and 3.6ish for both last 45 hours and science, if I remember correctly. That said, I was considered in the IS pool which isn't as competetive.
D
deleted676737
Yeah. This was my reaction, too.........way to inadvertently put people down?
Thank you for responding! I appreciate it <321 year old female, MA resident, first time applicant
Applied: Iowa, Tufts, NCSU, VMCVM, And Wisconsin
Rejections: NCSU and VMCVM
Wait-listed: Wisconsin
Interviews: Tufts
Accepted: Iowa! and Waiting on Tufts
Attending: Unsure
Cum GPA: 3.91
Science GPA: 3.84
Last 45: 4.0
GRE (V/Q/W): 159/163/4.5
Degree: BS Honors Pre-Veterinary Science
Veterinary Hours:
1456 hours Small Animal
45 hours Veterinary Intern at a local Humane Society
Animal hours:
120 hours Animal Care Intern at local humane society
200 hours Animal Management courses
324 hours Zoo Intern
52 hours Farmhand at University Farm
~2500 hours Working in animal care / dog bathing
70 Tufts AVM program
Research:
150 hours working on Honors Thesis on Factory Farming and Bio-security.
Other Extra-curricular:
Varsity Soccer (High School)
Concert Choir (High School)
Special Olympics Volunteer (High School)
Honors College
Employment:
Customer Service
Farm Hand
Pet Care Associate / Dog Bather
Bus Driver and Radio Dispatcher
Awards/honors:
Dean’s List 6/7 semesters so far
John & Abigail Adams Scholarship
Dean's Scholarship
UMass Amherst Grant
BHE Grant
Ernie Branco Scholarship
LORs:
1 From Small Animal Vet I worked closely with
1 Professor for Animal Nutrition and also my Advisor
1 Animal Science Professor
They went though 336 people to fill 130 spots last year. Those odds are pretty good!Yeah I hope I’m getting kind of discouraged
Thank you! I am rooting for you! [emoji7][emoji173]️ Keep your head up, and we are all here for you too! [emoji4]Congrats on being accepted! I'm feeling much better after reading through the forum today. My cumulative is a 3.0 but my last 45 and Science GPA are 3.3 and 3.34 so I feel a little more confident that I may get pulled off the alternate list!
Have a little over 1200 small animal hours, 2500+ large animal, 500-600 research hours.
Just don't have the patience I need to have lol
........way to inadvertently put people down?
Glad I wasn’t the only one that felt that way


Don't give up hope! I was accepted OOS; here are my stats.
23 year old AZ resident, female, 1st time applicant
Applied: Iowa State, Wisconsin, Lincoln Memorial, Oregon State, Washington State
Interview invites: Lincoln Memorial, Washington State (the three other schools did not do interviews either for OOS or both IS/OOS)
Rejected: none (so far, still waiting on LMU)
Waitlisted: Washington State, Oregon State
Accepted: Iowa State, Wisconsin
Attending: I don't know yet! visiting UW this upcoming week for Admitted Students Day. I have visited Iowa and love it there, but I don't want to make a decision without being well-informed of both of my options.
Degree: B.S. in Veterinary Science with minors in Biochemistry and Special Education Rehabilitation Programs (3 other associate degrees from CC after University)
Retook Physics 1 at a community college because I got a D in it the first semester. Aced it the second time around, so it goes to show that you can still get in with a bad grade!
Overall GPA: 3.47
Undergrad GPA: 3.43
Science GPA: 3.19
Last 45 GPA: 3.8
GRE: 155V/153Q/5.0AW
Vet Experience:
Animal Experience:
- 2500+ Veterinary hours (companion animals, caprines, equine, avians, wildlife, fish, porcine, rodents, lagomorphs)
Research:
- 2000+ Animal hours (companion animals, rodents, lagomorphs, avians)
Employment:
- 64 Research Hours (currently on an IACUC protocol for another project currently, but this was when my app was submitted)
Honors/Awards
- 300+ Employment Hours (non-animal related)
Extracurriculars:
- 3 different academic scholarships
- Graduated with Highest Honors (4.0) from my CC
- Dean's List for 3 different semesters at my university
- Major Outstanding Senior nomination at my university
- Academic Distinction for 1 year at my university
- National Scholar
- National Hispanic Honors Scholar
- AP Scholar (I included this because of my AP classes being transferred to my university transcript)
- Captain of Girl's Varsity Golf Team my senior year of HS (I included this because in one of my supplemental essays I talked about this experience)
eLORs:
- Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society
- Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society
- Alpha Zeta Professional Fraternity
- Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
Essays
- 4 SA veterinarians who I worked with for over a year (graduated from Ross, PEI, Wisconsin, and Florida respectively)
- 1 SA/emergency veterinarian who also was a professor at my university (graduated from Missouri)
Talked about my focus in One Health and how veterinarians are key members of the community when it comes to public health and education.
Fellow AZ kid, just wanted to say congrats!! I'm sitting on Iowa's waitlist so maybe we'll be classmates someday 🙂
Thank you! And fingers crossed for you [emoji76] I'm at UA as an MPH student, but I'm definitely ready to leave AZ [emoji23]Fellow AZ kid, just wanted to say congrats!! I'm sitting on Iowa's waitlist so maybe we'll be classmates someday 🙂
I hear you haha! I'm graduating with my BS from UA but may pursue a masters if this year doesn't work out. Inspiring to see such a success story!Thank you! And fingers crossed for you [emoji76] I'm at UA as an MPH student, but I'm definitely ready to leave AZ [emoji23]
I was also a little put off by that. Surely they didn't mean itGlad I wasn’t the only one that felt that way![]()
Last edited:
Keep in mind people who were accepted are more than just GPA and GRE scores. Things like veterinary experience, personal statement, letters of rec, and socioeconomic struggles/ overcoming adversity are all considered. Those are hard to quantify but are all very important.Maybe I have hope Bc my stats are better than most of these admits
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha okay if you wanna say that’s not conceited, that’s fine. The rest of us will just be avoiding you *shrugs*Oh I have 3000 hours of experience both large and small animal/exotic and pocket pet. 1400 hours of research plus my project was published in the chemist and I’m first author. I also have many other things to set me apart that I won’t take the time to mention. I’m not being conceited just truthful. I’ve worked extremely hard so you really don’t have to tell me what it takes. I’m stats plus everything else.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Perhaps it was your attitude then.Oh I have 3000 hours of experience both large and small animal/exotic and pocket pet. 1400 hours of research plus my project was published in the chemist and I’m first author. I also have many other things to set me apart that I won’t take the time to mention. I’m not being conceited just truthful. I’ve worked extremely hard so you really don’t have to tell me what it takes. I’m stats plus everything else.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Best of luck getting off the waitlist.
Minus modesty and self awareness maybe [emoji23]I’m stats plus everything else.
Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
I can’t wait to figure out where I fall on the alternate list. Hopefully, they will go through the entire list as they did last year and everyone who wants to be admitted from the list is! I know if I get pulled off the alternate list I am definitely saying Yesssssss!!!
Truuuu. Do you think she knows Iowa State actively posts to (and likely reads) this thread?

The rest of us will just be avoiding you *shrugs*
Let’s be the adults here now and avoid herTruuuu.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 1K