Iowa State c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And you're using 3.7 for A-, 3.3 for B+, etc, correct?
I'd definitely email them and ask if you're unsure what classes they're using in their calculation.

My school does not use + or - grading system. An A is an A regardless if you're 90% or 100% lol. But yes, I shall contact them, thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
My school does not use + or - grading system. An A is an A regardless if you're 90% or 100% lol. But yes, I shall contact them, thank you :)
It may be a little late, but they told me they don’t use summer courses in the initial GPA calculation. This may be where your problem is!

Hey everyone,

I thought I would give an update. I just finished (and graduated) with my B.S. from ISU this semester! Woot! I just checked my ISU portal and they received my transcripts from my last vet prerequisite yesterday.

And now....the waiting game.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just looked at portal this morning and they got my fall transcript in and I think updated everything

Reactions: 3 users
I sure do love this waiting game! Not stressful at all :)

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone,

I thought I would give an update. I just finished (and graduated) with my B.S. from ISU this semester! Woot! I just checked my ISU portal and they received my transcripts from my last vet prerequisite yesterday.

And now....the waiting game.
Are you going to go to Iowa if accepted? I just saw your RUSVM thing is all.

Anyone else get nervous with that email to check the message board for transcripts :laugh::laugh: I thought it was a rejection for a second

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else get nervous with that email to check the message board for transcripts :laugh::laugh: I thought it was a rejection for a second
My heart was racing so fast!

I am sure the status won't come out until Feb. 15. Keep your head up everyone! Stay positive! Time goes fast! I want to go to ISU so bad! This is my second time applying. I applied for the first time in 2014 and my stats were horrible then! This years pool seems to be really competitive all around.

Reactions: 1 user
I am sure the status won't come out until Feb. 15. Keep your head up everyone! Stay positive! Time goes fast! I want to go to ISU so bad! This is my second time applying. I applied for the first time in 2014 and my stats were horrible then! This years pool seems to be really competitive all around.
Just FYI, they've given out acceptances a few days before deadline in the past. The year I was admitted, we were supposed to hear on the 14th, and I got a portal update on the 12th that had me terrified to look. Not saying they'll do that this year, but just a heads up in case they do.

Reactions: 4 users
This happened the year that I got in, too. Final decisions were scheduled to go out on February 15th, which was a Monday, but our portals were actually updated on the Friday before, on the 12th. I think that it has happened most cycles.

Oh my goodness...this gets my heart going!

In the ISU portal, does it directly tell you "accepted" or "rejected"? The Ross portal says: "Decision Made".

Oh my goodness...this gets my heart going!

In the ISU portal, does it directly tell you "accepted" or "rejected"? The Ross portal says: "Decision Made".
If I remember correctly, my portal status changed to something like "Concluded -- Admit".

Members don't see this ad :)
gahhh sooo freakin nervous guys hold my hand lol

This is for current students.I am looking into the dual Ph.D./DVM program. Is there anyone on here that is doing a dual degree and is willing to answer some questions? I am looking into either infectious disease or toxicology. I am hoping my credits from my Master's in One Health will transfer.
On another note, I am not sure if any of you were at the dean's webinar the other day but they didn't think decisions would come out early.

This is for current students.I am looking into the dual Ph.D./DVM program. Is there anyone on here that is doing a dual degree and is willing to answer some questions? I am looking into either infectious disease or toxicology. I am hoping my credits from my Master's in One Health will transfer.
On another note, I am not sure if any of you were at the dean's webinar the other day but they didn't think decisions would come out early.
Early as in Jan-Feb?

They said decisions wouldn't come out early.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile

Will we get an email notifying us of a status change or do we just check the portal every day once February hits lol (not like I haven't been checking my portal everyday....)

Will we get an email notifying us of a status change or do we just check the portal every day once February hits lol (not like I haven't been checking my portal everyday....)
I know for any portal message that I have gotten I’ve been sent an email so I only really check it when I get an email that there’s a message in my portal so I assume that decisions would be the same way

They said it will definitely be February 15th. They are even calling their event on the 15th offer day.

They said it will definitely be February 15th. They are even calling their event on the 15th offer day.

I know for any portal message that I have gotten I’ve been sent an email so I only really check it when I get an email that there’s a message in my portal so I assume that decisions would be the same way

Oh okay! awesome. thanks!

I know last year I received an email notification stating that my portal had been updated when acceptances went out! Watch your email for the notification.

The 15th of February is less than a month away! After watching the webinar I really feel that this is the school for me. Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!

Even though I know decisions are not going out until 2/15 I still hate message reminder emails. Gives me anxiety every time....

Lol same just had a mini heart attack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Just wanted to give everyone an update. The admissions committee is waiting for fall grades to be finished posting before making their final recommendations to the dean! They are almost done!

Just wanted to give everyone an update. The admissions committee is waiting for fall grades to be finished posting before making their final recommendations to the dean! They are almost done!
Thanks for the update! :cat:

So before the 15th or is that still the day?!

@ the email that was sent about an hour ago “offer day is almost here” YAH I KNOW

Reactions: 9 users
@ the email that was sent about an hour ago “offer day is almost here” YAH I KNOW

Not like we've been counting down the days or anything...

This one felt like they were just messing with us.

Almost There! Do they call or just update the portal?

I can't tell if waiting for Iowa's decision is the best or worst feeling, of all the situations going on with my apps. I kinda love the decisiveness of their process (accept/reject, no interview), but HATE waiting so long. All of my interviews are done so now I'm just waiting... and watching lots of distracting shows... and trying to pay attention in Ochem II.

I can't tell if waiting for Iowa's decision is the best or worst feeling, of all the situations going on with my apps. I kinda love the decisiveness of their process (accept/reject, no interview), but HATE waiting so long. All of my interviews are done so now I'm just waiting... and watching lots of distracting shows... and trying to pay attention in Ochem II.
Same. But at least we know when they will let us know. The other schools I'm waiting on didn't give me a date. So I'm obsessively refreshing my emails and checking the mailbox.

Alright everyone, we're down to the wire! Let's all have positive thoughts, and get in together! :D Woot!

Alright everyone, we're down to the wire! Let's all have positive thoughts, and get in together! :D Woot!

Guys ohh my gahddd i cant wait any longer i cant think straight wahh

Fingers crossed and sending positive vibes

Even though I had a dream I got rejected I’m pushing it to the back of my mind :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: 4 users
Current first year at ISU! As you guys begin to hear about your offers this week please feel free to reach out to me with any questions about the program or school in general! I’ll be happy to answer anything you have questions about :)

Reactions: 8 users
I’ll be headed to Minnesota on Thursday for my last interview. Hopefully I’ll have good news when I land! Good luck everyone!

Does anyone know if IS after a year is achievable/ever been done before for an OOS resident? Just by like making a really solid case to the Registrar’s Office that you want to stay in Iowa long-term?

Does anyone know if IS after a year is achievable/ever been done before for an OOS resident? Just by like making a really solid case to the Registrar’s Office that you want to stay in Iowa long-term?

It was made pretty clear at the Open House I went to in Oct that what you are accepted as is what you I'll get billed as for your whole duration you're there regardless if you become a resident of the state. I honestly haven't watched the Financial Aid webinar, but I'm quite positive it is not possible.

They will not switch your residency. What you come in as is what you stay as unless you marry into a family in Iowa or something extreme like that haha.

It was made pretty clear at the Open House I went to in Oct that what you are accepted as is what you I'll get billed as for your whole duration you're there regardless if you become a resident of the state. I honestly haven't watched the Financial Aid webinar, but I'm quite positive it is not possible.

Oh good to know! Thanks so much for the feedback!

I was able to achieve in state tuition after the first semester but only because my parents moved to Iowa and cut ties with my home state for my dad's work. I am still a dependent so that is why I was able to do so but otherwise you'll be paying out of state tuition the entire time. The process to change residency through the school isn't an easy one either :smack:

Hey guys! I was just wondering if everyone is in committee review right now? like do you go into committee review regardless of whether you passed or failed the academic review?

I was able to achieve in state tuition after the first semester but only because my parents moved to Iowa and cut ties with my home state for my dad's work. I am still a dependent so that is why I was able to do so but otherwise you'll be paying out of state tuition the entire time. The process to change residency through the school isn't an easy one either :smack:
What if my wife is employed full-time, would I be eligible after a year?

You could always ask the financial aid office for the CVM. They probably have had people ask these questions before.

I would check with Financial aid about it, they are typically very helpful but make sure to get all the details if they say it is possible because they don't always tell you everything you need to do.