Iowa State c/o 2023 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So applying for the first time, do schools offer any feedback on your application/can you request any feedback? I'd imagine that they wouldn't.

Members don't see this ad.

So applying for the first time, do schools offer any feedback on your application/can you request any feedback? I'd imagine that they wouldn't.
It depends on the school. For example Missouri said they would only do that if you got to the interview stage but Wisconsin gave a number to call to set up a application review!

ISU will do a file review with you, you will fill out the file review application and Kathy will send you it over email sometime this summer

Members don't see this ad :)
Currently overeating to keep me busy

Reactions: 7 users
I so very badly want to get accepted to ISU

Reactions: 4 users
I feel this. I have eaten three Sara Lee chocolate cakes and two doughnuts in the last few days
It doesn’t help with all the Valentine’s Day candy, I might be rejected and dealing gastrointestinal distress tomorrow lol

Reactions: 1 user
Running helps me destress...but when I got the no fro. Uw-madison I went and bought a bento box of sushi :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone see their email??? The evening???????

Reactions: 1 users
I was looking forward to a 6am update. At least they were nice enough to send us an email informing us of when to check our portal so we’re not glued to the page all day (even though I’ll still be checking every 5mins tomorrow)

Reactions: 8 users
And in my compulsive brain, “evening” could be like anytime after noon

Reactions: 5 users
My UWM rejection letter is lost in the snow so all I’ve got left are ISU and OVC. :eek:

Hi ISU hopefuls! ISU-CVM Student Recruitment here. Any questions I can answer for you while you wait? (28ish hours and counting...)

Reactions: 11 users
The APVMA page on Facebook verified it will most likely be after 5 pm for status updates tomorrow

Reactions: 2 users
Not for sure but the people with higher stats and more experience than me were rejected so I’m pretty sure

That doesn’t mean it’s a rejection. Schools don’t only look at stats. Otherwise they wouldn’t ask for essays and LORs. Don’t count yourself out comparing yourself to others.

Hi ISU hopefuls! ISU-CVM Student Recruitment here. Any questions I can answer for you while you wait? (28ish hours and counting...)
Hello Do you know how many applicants are in committee review and how many will be wait list, acceptance, or rejection?

Hello Do you know how many applicants are in committee review and how many will be wait list, acceptance, or rejection?
We had around 1200 applicants in committee review this year. We'll admit 130 students to fill our class (156 including students from our 2+2 program with Nebraska). We'll have numbers of waitlisted students tomorrow. Remember, the waitlist at ISU moves fairly quickly as students accept or decline their offer!

Do you begin to admit waitlist students prior to the national acceptance day?

We had around 1200 applicants in committee review this year. We'll admit 130 students to fill our class (156 including students from our 2+2 program with Nebraska). We'll have numbers of waitlisted students tomorrow. Remember, the waitlist at ISU moves fairly quickly as students accept or decline their offer!
Thank you for taking the time to answer questions.
Do you know if the number of applicants was significantly higher from last cycle?

Do you begin to admit waitlist students prior to the national acceptance day?
We will! If students decline their offer, we'll start pulling people off our waitlist. We encourage students who have made the decision to go to another school to let us know as soon as they're able so that the waitlisted students can get some good news. :)

Reactions: 6 users
We will! If students decline their offer, we'll start pulling people off our waitlist. We encourage students who have made the decision to go to another school to let us know as soon as they're able so that the waitlisted students can get some good news. :)
Thank you for all this helpful information! Will we have a waitlist ranking tomorrow, or will our waitlist ranking come later on?

Thank you for your response

Thank you for all this helpful information! Will we have a waitlist ranking tomorrow, or will our waitlist ranking come later on?
Because our waitlist changes quickly in the beginning, we typically wait to assign a number until mid-March. When our waitlist is ranked, students will receive their rank and the number of total applicants on the waitlist (39/500 for example).

Thank you for taking the time to answer questions.
Do you know if the number of applicants was significantly higher from last cycle?
Yes! We had around 1200 total applicants (~1000 qualified) last year. This year, we had 1500 total applicants with ~1200 qualified applicants being reviewed by our committee.

Because our waitlist changes quickly in the beginning, we typically wait to assign a number until mid-March. When our waitlist is ranked, students will receive their rank and the number of total applicants on the waitlist (39/500 for example).
Thank you very much! :)

Yes! We had around 1200 total applicants (~1000 qualified) last year. This year, we had 1500 total applicants with ~1200 qualified applicants being reviewed by our committee.
I feel honored to be in committee review :) thanks for the information. I appreciate you taking the time to put our minds at ease and make this hard wait a little easier.

Reactions: 5 users
I really hope decisions don’t come out until tomorrow night. I have an interview at Minnesota tomorrow and would hate to possibly get rejected before the interview

Reactions: 3 users
I really hope decisions don’t come out until tomorrow night. I have an interview at Minnesota tomorrow and would hate to possibly get rejected before the interview
Don't look! I'm gonna delete me email app on my phone bc I have an exam!

Oh, and about the Minnesota interview, I was there last weekend. Really nice place, and really nice interviewers! I'm sure you will do great! I believe in you!

On the apvma facebook group isu said after/around 5pm. I will make sure im with friends because im nervous.

I didn’t get an email from you all today, should I be concerned that something is wrong with my email address that you have?

Thank you for coming to chat with our members. We truly appreciate academic administrators helping keep the correct information flowing. :)

Oh, and about the Minnesota interview, I was there last weekend. Really nice place, and really nice interviewers! I'm sure you will do great! I believe in you!
I legit love Minnesota. It’s my 2nd time applying to them so just hoping from a yes from someone lol

Today’s the day :nailbiting: I’ve been up since 5 checking the portal even though I know they won’t update for another 11ish hours

Reactions: 3 users