Iowa State C/O 2026 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Whats the FASFA code? I have one but some schools have special vet ones so I wanna verify I've chosen the right one (yes I'm posting this in all the forums of my potential schools so plz don't hate me)

Members don't see this ad.

OOS acceptance. Will be declining my seat! Good luck <3

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you just find out/get taken off the waitlist?

I was accepted, not waitlisted :)
I'm assuming Daisy705 was wondering if you just got your acceptance email, or if it was released with the rest of ours 4/15 and you just announced it here today! We're all antsy to see if WL people get offered seats before the rankings get released next month.

Anyone else just developed a stress routine of refreshing your portal even though you've been told you won't hear anything until rankings are released in late March?! :oops:

Anyone else just developed a stress routine of refreshing your portal even though you've been told you won't hear anything until rankings are released in late March?! :oops:
Me. The only hope I have left this cycle is to get pulled 🥲

• Care
I'm averaging about 6 times a day. Once when I wake up and once when I go to bed and then whenever I hear the phrase "vet school" in between.

Congratulations to everyone accepted and placed on the alternate list! They usually go fairly far into the alternate list, so don’t lose hope!! I am a current first year and just recently bought a mobile home in the trailer court next to the vet school. I am looking for 2 roommates! Cheap rent and only a 4 minute walk to the school. Please reach out if you’re interested or even have any questions about the school! Congrats again!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone seen a Facebook group for accepted/planning to attend students? I saw a group on Facebook and requested it a while ago but haven’t heard back, TIA! :)

Has anyone seen a Facebook group for accepted/planning to attend students? I saw a group on Facebook and requested it a while ago but haven’t heard back, TIA! :)
They should have the link to the Facebook on the class of 2026 information webpage

Just me popping in to randomly ask if anyone has heard anything, i know we won't get out ranking until the end of march for alternates but i know a few people said they were declining their acceptances so i was wondering if anyone has happened to get called off the alternate list yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not heard anything. Trust me if I hear something this will be the first place I go. I really wish we would hear something but I really do not think we are going to for the main reason you do not have to commit to staying on the waitlist until the 15th so they really do not even know the order yet. There is a chance the person who is say number 1 on the waitlist has not even committed to staying on the waitlist yet so they are probably rather stuck right now.

I have not heard anything. Trust me if I hear something this will be the first place I go. I really wish we would hear something but I really do not think we are going to for the main reason you do not have to commit to staying on the waitlist until the 15th so they really do not even know the order yet. There is a chance the person who is say number 1 on the waitlist has not even committed to staying on the waitlist yet so they are probably rather stuck right now.
True haha, just me being hopeful but I know I need to be patient!!! ❤️‍

I really wanted to but the problem is I am currently in Washington so flying out for a weekend is kind of impractical for me.

I just declined my OOS seat. Good luck everyone!

Hello future ISU classmates. I am a current 3rd year at Iowa State and wanted to share a shirt fundraiser I am doing. For those that cant wait to get a shirt that says College of Vet Med - take a look and hopefully purchase a shirt if you like the design. Here is the link:

And below I attached a picture of the design. See you guys in the fall!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-05 144604.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-05 144604.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot 2022-03-05 144626.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-05 144626.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 99
Is anyone else finding it impossible to join the Facebook group? I've had to request to join like five times now

Ohhhh the waiting game. I know many others are in the same boat when I express my thoughts about the process of waiting to see if we will be accepted. Just wanted to vent on a Wednesday. Happy Mid week :)

Ohhhh the waiting game. I know many others are in the same boat when I express my thoughts about the process of waiting to see if we will be accepted. Just wanted to vent on a Wednesday. Happy Mid week :)
I feel you!! But I guess trying to see the silver lining: it's almost one week closer to waitlist rankings being released! ❤️ Hold strong everyone!

anyone else just have a heart attack about the message update in our portal? :rofl:

Reactions: 6 users
What did the message say?

What did the message say?
It was a reminder to fill out the form to accept your alternate spot on the waitlist ASAP and that they'd have rankings for your position on the waitlist out by next monday!

It was a reminder to fill out the form to accept your alternate spot on the waitlist ASAP and that they'd have rankings for your position on the waitlist out by next monday!
Okay, thanks so much . The waiting is so hard .

Anyone think they’re going to call some people off today before rankings get released on Monday?

I thought they said this year rankings will not be released until the 31st? Am I wrong because that would be great

I thought they said this year rankings will not be released until the 31st? Am I wrong because that would be great

The update in the portal from last week said the 21st now

I see that now. I didn't read the whole email since I submitted to stay on the alternate list within the first like 20 minutes of finding out. I don't think they will call before then but I would love to be wrong.

I'm rather bummed they pushed the release back to the 23rd. I was kinda looking forward to finally knowing.

I know, such a tease, but at least regardless there isn't much movement before final decision day so it's just nice that we'll know before the end of the month!

Has anyone who is attending preview day this weekend receive the preview day email?

What did it say? I don’t think I got one and I signed up for it a while ago.

I just realized that you’re talking about the preview day this month. I signed up for next month’s. Hopefully they’ll send out more info soon

Well has anyone seen a change? I was reading last years thread and it sounds like they just posted updates throughout the day on the portal instead of just emailing everyone all at once.

Well has anyone seen a change? I was reading last years thread and it sounds like they just posted updates throughout the day on the portal instead of just emailing everyone all at once.
No change on my end