Iowa State C/O 2026 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
88/265 - fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm 44 I know they usually go into the higher 100s but I'm still so nervous.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Number 55! Super excited but still nervous. I looked back and last year they got almost to 200. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Reactions: 1 user
Number 49!! Was NOT expecting this. Does anyone know when they start pulling people off?

If it helps a little better with timeline, for CO2023, it got to the 50-70s within the first week or two after the deadline for those selected to make their decision. IIRC, my year they got to the 150s or so.

Did anybody else not get a number today? :( No update to my portal yet and no email. I'd call to ask them about it tomorrow when they're in the office, but I'm leaving the country in a few hours and won't have cell service

29 over here, I'll be 30 around the time we start school (if we get in). One of my favorite vets didn't change careers to vet med until he was in his 50s/late 40s (idr exactly), so we're good! ;)
Same for me. Currently 28 but would start as a 29 year old if all works out. I used to be discouraged by it but not anymore.

Are there any current students that would be willing to let me PM them and ask some questions about student life? I didn't want to bother anyone until I knew where I was on the waitlist but now that I know my ranking and will most likely end up going hear I have some questions. I would really appreciate it!

Are there any current students that would be willing to let me PM them and ask some questions about student life? I didn't want to bother anyone until I knew where I was on the waitlist but now that I know my ranking and will most likely end up going hear I have some questions. I would really appreciate it!
Feel free to PM me!

Members don't see this ad :)

You can message me! Current first year!

Hello! My roommate and I are current first years and we are looking for a female student to move into our apartment in Fall 2022. Move in is at the beginning of August, but the complex is super flexible. Located about a 6 minute drive from the vet school and right next to the Ames dog park! Includes in unit washer and dryer. We are pretty quiet and spend most of our time at school but like to keep our place clean and quiet! Please feel free to either message me on here or email me at [email protected] if you are interested!

Hello! This is my first time posting here and I am currently waitlisted OOS #27! I am excited and very nervous however still hoping that I get to meet my potential future classmates. If I am lucky enough to get pulled from the waitlist I would be grateful for any helpful info about vet student life and other info such as areas to look for student apartments / if there are any other resources aside from going off the vetmed student housing postings.

Hello! This is my first time posting here and I am currently waitlisted OOS #27! I am excited and very nervous however still hoping that I get to meet my potential future classmates. If I am lucky enough to get pulled from the waitlist I would be grateful for any helpful info about vet student life and other info such as areas to look for student apartments / if there are any other resources aside from going off the vetmed student housing postings.
If you get offered a seat can you let us know? I'm #55 and trying to possibly get an idea, as far as how much they're working their way down the list.

Last edited:
If you get offered a seat can you let us know? I'm #55 and trying to possibly get an idea, as far as how much they're working their way down the list.
Absolutely I will

April 1 seems so far - can’t wait for the list to start moving lol - it’s such a weird mix of being excited and hopeful but also trying to not get my hopes up and be disappointed since I am #88. Anyone have any advice/tips how to keep calm? 🤣

I may have missed this part but does anyone know how the school contacts waitlisted individuals?

I may have missed this part but does anyone know how the school contacts waitlisted individuals?
You’ll get an email, similar to the email you got stating that you’re an alternate to check your portal.
742A64F2-4032-43B9-B316-003B3CE432B6.jpeg

April 1 seems so far - can’t wait for the list to start moving lol - it’s such a weird mix of being excited and hopeful but also trying to not get my hopes up and be disappointed since I am #88. Anyone have any advice/tips how to keep calm? 🤣
I totally resonate with all of those feelings. I think what is keeping me calm is knowing that just making the waitlist is an achievement. It confirms that you are doing something right or are in the right direction for the next year. Thats all I have to keep me relatively calm. I am #108 so you will have to keep me posted, pretty please. :)

Number 33 and super anxious to hear back, will update you guys hopefully when they contact me!

Number 14 OOS and just got off the alternate list, I will be accepting :) Good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I also received my offer today and I will be accepting I was #8 on the OOS alternate list

Reactions: 4 users
I wish they would tell us how many people have already declined their seats instead of just telling us how many people they have already pulled off the waitlist because I'm pretty sure they have a big backlog since they just started calling people.

I wish they would tell us how many people have already declined their seats instead of just telling us how many people they have already pulled off the waitlist because I'm pretty sure they have a big backlog since they just started calling people.
From what I could tell, there were quite a lot - from here and the Facebook page. Fingers crossed because they posted about 30% of the class normally comes from OOS waitlist and that is roughly 50-51 seats. I'm number 55 and I'm super anxious but hopeful.

From what I could tell, there were quite a lot - from here and the Facebook page. Fingers crossed because they posted about 30% of the class normally comes from OOS waitlist and that is roughly 50-51 seats. I'm number 55 and I'm super anxious but hopeful.
So nervous, I'm #51!

I know. I hope we both get pulled off. I'm on 3 waitlist and I just need something from somewhere.
I'll be sure to post if I'm contacted as I believe you're right behind me!

I'm 44 so I'll definitely keep you guys posted!

I’m 27 so hopefully I hear something soon.. I’ll keep everyone posted!

Update from portal: next alternate to be asked is #23

Reactions: 3 users
Update from portal: next alternate to be asked is #23
Did you get an email or something about this? My portal hasn't updated and I haven't gotten any messages or anything regarding movement. Come on waitlist - keep moving! Go go go! :)

Did you get an email or something about this? My portal hasn't updated and I haven't gotten any messages or anything regarding movement. Come on waitlist - keep moving! Go go go! :)
I believe you are allowed to ask for 1 update weekly! I just shot a message through the online portal and asked which # they were calling next! :)

So what you're saying is...we need to strategically email them and update our answers on this forum as they go down the list, right? :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I think that is exactly what they want us to do to save them time!

So what you're saying is...we need to strategically email them and update our answers on this forum as they go down the list, right? :lol:
I think that is exactly what they want us to do to save them time!
I agree, they likely don't want to be bothered by a bunch of people all asking at the same time. So I would assume if someone hasn't updated here with hearing about something, someone can take the opportunity to ask for an update and help everyone out without Iowa having to slog through a ton of messages all asking/saying the same thing! :)

I'm down for this plan! Ib think it is a great way to stay up to date while also avoiding annoying them at the office.

I imagine they have worked through the backlog and there won't be much movement now until after the 15th.

I imagine they have worked through the backlog and there won't be much movement now until after the 15th.
But hey, getting to almost 25 in just a few days is alot of movement so far.

Would it be easier for us all to touch base with WhatsApp or GroupMe? Just a thought.

Reactions: 2 users