Iowa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anybody have any recent news.......anything at all?

Members don't see this ad.

But it was basically a carbon copy of the first one, so nothing new. My application is "still under review," and they will notify people when they are moved to the final pool.

Any news at all? Any inside information? It is like this school fell off the edge of the world... There were many more acceptances posted by this time last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
All is quiet in my mail box...

Just wanted to let everyone know Iowa is making some admission decisions. I just got my acceptance letter last night. :) Interviewed the week before Thanksgiving, and I'm OOS (live in CA).

Good luck to all of you still waiting!:luck: :luck:

Starlight Estel could you tell us the actual date you interviewed on, and if you don't mind could you share with us what your app is like? Thanx

i'm pissed, i just wish i knew if my file was even reviewed yet.

CHawk, I interviewed on Nov. 15.

I majored in a nonscience field (classics) at Berkeley. I was out of school for four years before I took the premed prerequisites doing an informal post-bacc at the local university. I got a 38S on the MCAT (13PS, 13BS, 12V). My cumulative GPA is 3.8, with a 3.98 BCPM. For ECs, I have some ER volunteer time twice a week and one quarter of o-chem research during my post-bacc, but mostly I've been working when I'm not studying (up to 90 hours per week, but averaging around 30).

Good luck to you:luck:

I just got a message back from Iowa. They told me that they sent out their last letters before the holiday on Wednesday (I live in Iowa City, so i guess I would have recieved it by now if I was one of those folks). The nice lady told me that they would be reviewing files each week in January and send out notification if one was placed in the final pool. If one is placed in the final pool they will not hear anything till mid-March. So am I right in assuming this means we may be notified in January if we are are accepted, rejected, or in the final pool? Or will no acceptances be sent out in January? Good luck to all!

jeez, i'm still waiting to hear if iowa wants to interview me or not (oos)

i guess it's not looking good

I got an acceptance that was dated the 19th, and when I was there they said the first rolling admits would be in mid-Dec. It sounds from one of the previous posters that the admits were beginning just a little while before mine went out.

This rolling phase of Iowa's cycle goes for a looong time though, so keep hope! If you've had an interview, you may be able to call and see if you've been placed into the rolling or March phases. Had I not gotten the acceptance that's probably what I would have done.

so the adcoms will be meeting in january weekly. does that mean they will be accepting people or just decided who is in the final pool?