2025-2026 Iowa

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to those who have been accepted! I wanted to pass on a message about housing if you are considering Iowa:

Phi Rho Sigma Medical Society Housing
Inquiries please email [email protected]
Location: 117 Ferson Ave, Iowa City, IA 52246 (3 minute walk to MERF!)
You are welcome to request a tour of the house by a Phi Rho Sigma House Officer via the email above

Pricing:
$450/mo standard room + $100/mo utilities

Extra Details:
Tenants may pay $10/mo for parking at the house
Rooms are single-occupancy
Bathrooms/shower are communal, cleaned weekly by house tenants (shared chores)

House Amenities:
In-house laundry/dryer
Kitchen with pots/pans/utensils free for you to use
At-home gym
Billiards/pool table + Board Games!
Some TV subscriptions (these vary year to year depending on the tenants of the house)

House Responsibilities:
Phi Rho Sigma tenants are required to complete a weekly chore that takes 15 minutes or less
Tenants are also obligated to complete meal crews that are focused on cleaning/sanitizing the kitchen area at the end of the day

Questions? Please email [email protected]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know A probability once in final pool? Obviously unlikely and hard to know, but I am OOS, feel like everything went smoothly, just so anxious waiting until March 15, this was my only II... I know some received Rs post initial II pre final pool but didn't seem like many? Let me know thoughts...
 
Anyone know A probability once in final pool? Obviously unlikely and hard to know, but I am OOS, feel like everything went smoothly, just so anxious waiting until March 15, this was my only II... I know some received Rs post initial II pre final pool but didn't seem like many? Let me know thoughts...
Good luck! I’m also OOS final pool. Hopefully we both get in. I really liked the CBL session during the interview
 
Good luck! I’m also OOS final pool. Hopefully we both get in. I really liked the CBL session during the interview
Completely agree, such an enjoyable learning format, OOS is apparently 20% of class this year instead of last years 30% I've heard so I'm worried if waitlist how much it will move, I would really like to see stats on how many II, then of those how many R/A before final pool, then how many R/A post final pool and how much waitlist moves, somebody who applied last year DMd me stating 3/4 of the class comes from the waitlist
 
Completely agree, such an enjoyable learning format, OOS is apparently 20% of class this year instead of last years 30% I've heard so I'm worried if waitlist how much it will move, I would really like to see stats on how many II, then of those how many R/A before final pool, then how many R/A post final pool and how much waitlist moves, somebody who applied last year DMd me stating 3/4 of the class comes from the waitlist
I found the following on last year’s SDN thread:

“From digging through past threads, in-state approx ~30 are accepted, ~50 waitlisted, ~60 rejected (then ~20-30 get off the waitlist). OOS I can't find as much info for. The waitlist is is bigger, about 100 spots, with much more variable movement (up to ~50 acceptances from OOS WL in past years). Unfortunately I have no clue as to how many OOS applicants are straight up accepted or rejected after final pool. I think about half the class comes from the pool however so we all still have a fair shot.”
 
If we had to guess the exact date we find out when would you say? I know they said 5 weeks removed from the final pool email (which is actually today that's terrifying just noticed). But obviously last year and prior years was early/mid March (with them emphasizing latest being March 15). What do we think?
 
If we had to guess the exact date we find out when would you say? I know they said 5 weeks removed from the final pool email (which is actually today that's terrifying just noticed). But obviously last year and prior years was early/mid March (with them emphasizing latest being March 15). What do we think?
From past threads it looks like it’s been Tuesday/ Wednesday of the week of the 15th. So I’m guessing 10th/ 11th
 
If we had to guess the exact date we find out when would you say? I know they said 5 weeks removed from the final pool email (which is actually today that's terrifying just noticed). But obviously last year and prior years was early/mid March (with them emphasizing latest being March 15). What do we think?
I also think it’ll be the 10th/11th, but I’m hoping it’s next week 🙏
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From my sleuthing, it seems like they release pool results the day before initial match details are shared.This year that is 3/12, so I’m assuming we’ll hear back the afternoon of 3/11. Can someone check me on this?
I would be shocked if it wasnt on the 11th. Historically, the last two cycles decision days ended up being the second wednesday of March. This year that happens to be the 11th. Take that as you will.
 
T-7 days

Bird Ai GIF
 
**Based on a previous thread**

Looks like these were the decision dates from past years:
2015: Tuesday the 3rd
2016: Tuesday the 8th
2017: Wednesday the 8th
2018: Tuesday the 6th
2019: Tuesday the 5th
2020: Wednesday the 11th
2021: Wednesday the 10th
2022: Wednesday the 9th
2023: Wednesday the 8th
2024: Wednesday the 6th
2025: Wednesday the 12th

I definitely haven’t been lurking past forums like a crazy person…
 
**Based on a previous thread**

Looks like these were the decision dates from past years:
2015: Tuesday the 3rd
2016: Tuesday the 8th
2017: Wednesday the 8th
2018: Tuesday the 6th
2019: Tuesday the 5th
2020: Wednesday the 11th
2021: Wednesday the 10th
2022: Wednesday the 9th
2023: Wednesday the 8th
2024: Wednesday the 6th
2025: Wednesday the 12th

I definitely haven’t been lurking past forums like a crazy person…
Doing the Lord’s work
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pulled this from last years thread
Do we have ANY idea what time to expect?
Pulled this from a thread 2 years ago, credit to hawksfan4, I did not fact check it myself.....

"Some more info for those as neurotic as me: In the last 5ish cycles, if they release the results on a Wednesday, they send the email in the morning, any time from 9 to 12 am. If they release the results on a Tuesday, they've sent the email later in the afternoon, from 2-4PM.”
 
It wouldn't be a big decision release day if someone on admit didn't post a phantom rejection. Also fwiw the Wednesday morning/Tuesday afternoon pattern broke down in 2024--it was Wednesday afternoon then, so we may have a solid few hours to go.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad