You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Iowa
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For those who got accepted, who long do you have to accept the offer? Going on a cruise and will not have cellular service ...
curiouslycurious
New Member
I think it was 2 weeks... not 100% sure thoughFor those who got accepted, who long do you have to accept the offer? Going on a cruise and will not have cellular service ...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Equivalent-Pudding15
Full Member
Does anyone know when they will send need based financial aid?
Hopefulmedstudent1011
Full Member
Likely going to see a lot of Pre-II rejections this next week
southwesternspeed90
Full Member
Do you think they will be post II As this week? Interviewed early September and Im losing hope 🥲Likely going to see a lot of Pre-II rejections this next week
Hopefulmedstudent1011
Full Member
Usually those admitted in the rolling portion of the cycle are extremely high stat applicants or very strong ties, I would just be patient!Do you think they will be post II As this week? Interviewed early September and Im losing hope 🥲
observationwave73
New Member
How strong of ties? Born & raised in iowa, iowa grad, employed by the university for multiple years and all of my letters were from UI faculty but still haven't received a rolling decision. IDK how much stronger my ties can get 🙁Usually those admitted in the rolling portion of the cycle are extremely high stat applicants or very strong ties, I would just be patient!
beansman33
Full Member
Who knows, but the adcom’s determinations are probably both subjective and variable. It’s frustrating right now, but evidently there’s much good news to be had in March.How strong of ties? Born & raised in iowa, iowa grad, employed by the university for multiple years and all of my letters were from UI faculty but still haven't received a rolling decision. IDK how much stronger my ties can get 🙁
gratingcinder77
Full Member
OOS A (interview in December)!! Basically zero ties to Iowa/CCOM but loved this program when applying/interviewing, so I'm super stoked 🙂
Last edited:
Silliness9066
New Member
Congratulations! Can I ask you what date was your interview? I interviewed on 12/8 and am anxiously waiting
gratingcinder77
Full Member
I also interviewed on 12/8, but I know that most movement happens in March!! 🙂Congratulations! Can I ask you what date was your interview? I interviewed on 12/8 and am anxiously waiting
Silliness9066
New Member
Super stoked for you!!!
pablopicarsehole
Full Member
Same here! My stats are above the median with extensive ties to the state and university, I have been torturing myself trying to figure out what part of my application or interview could be the reason I haven’t heard anything yet.How strong of ties? Born & raised in iowa, iowa grad, employed by the university for multiple years and all of my letters were from UI faculty but still haven't received a rolling decision. IDK how much stronger my ties can get 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IncredibleRatatouille
Full Member
Got the IS A today!!! Interviewed November 7th, this was my fourth time applying (last eligible application) I'm so stoked!!! LM score 66.3.
Last edited:
pablopicarsehole
Full Member
That’s amazing, congratulations!!Got the IS A today!!! Interviewed November 7th, this was my fourth time applying (last eligible application) I'm so stoked!!!
Hopefulmedstudent1011
Full Member
The carvening has begun
Anyone else still surviving the R wave?
Hopefulmedstudent1011
Full Member
Should just be ppl who did not receive interviewsAnyone else still surviving the R wave?
Did not receive an interview :/ But still lShould just be ppl who did not receive interviews
in the game for some reason
red_fox
Full Member
today or yesterday?+1 OOS A with weak ties. interviewed mid-december -> A mid-january!!
yesterday mbtoday or yesterday?
huntersthompson7
Full Member
I thought I did because I didn’t get an email but I checked the portal and lo and behold, rejectionAnyone else still surviving the R wave?
southwesternspeed90
Full Member
Should just be ppl
Looks that way according to admitShould just be ppl who did not receive interviews
shinymagikarp
Full Member
+1 OOS Pre-II R
huntersthompson7
Full Member
They ended up emailing me about 30 minutes after I saw the R in the portal, also OOS no tiesI also just checked the portal but I still have Complete. Maybe I’ll have an update today. Im OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. Most people hear back soon after getting an acceptance. For need-based aid, that happens around March.have they sent out any merit scholarships yet?
pablopicarsehole
Full Member
Are we thinking today is when final pool notifications will go out?
Hopefulmedstudent1011
Full Member
Likely today or tomorrow I am betting!
Are we thinking today is when final pool notifications will go out?
Silliness9066
New Member
Final Pool IS +1
beansman33
Full Member
+1🏊🏼
premedinpain
Full Member
IS final pool
pablopicarsehole
Full Member
+1 IS for the pool party. Interviewed 9/22, LM 77.
+1 OOS final pool. Do they send the email to all interviewed applicants?
Hopefulmedstudent1011
Full Member
+1 OOS Floaties party
+1 OOS final pool
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pablopicarsehole
Full Member
No, I don’t believe so.+1 OOS final pool. Do they send the email to all interviewed applicants?
BananaLeela
Seabiscuit by three! Seabiscuit by three!
+1 IS pool party.
southwesternspeed90
Full Member
+1 IS pool party
anthonysoprano
Full Member
+1 IS pool party
Based off Admit and previous SDN threads, not all applicants that interview are final pooled with some being rejected. Anecdotally, it seems a large portion of the final class consists of applicants that were final pooled. If anyone knows otherwise, please feel free to correct me.
Cheers to all that survived and advanced, hope to celebrate with you in March.
Based off Admit and previous SDN threads, not all applicants that interview are final pooled with some being rejected. Anecdotally, it seems a large portion of the final class consists of applicants that were final pooled. If anyone knows otherwise, please feel free to correct me.
Cheers to all that survived and advanced, hope to celebrate with you in March.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K