Johns Hopkins Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaNEM

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After submitting my Hopkins app online 3 weeks ago, only TODAY do I realize that they don't look at it unless you print out a copy and mail it in! Man, I've got to read directions more carefully. Are there other schools that do this?

Also, on the printed out PDF file for the Hopkins App, there are check boxes for you to include MCAT scores and and Unofficial transcript. Why? Are these required? Don't they have your MCAT scores and verified transcript from AMCAS? Does anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

Ah, the great secondary mystery - why DO they need all this information again? I'm not sure either. As far as the transcripts go it could be that they want to see how your school evaluates you, not how AMCAS does (if there's a difference, in my case there isn't but I know a lot of people have a different AMCAS GPA for example). Not sure about the MCAT thing though.

Thanks Rapid. Anyone else know if these things are really required? Did you guys send them in?

Members don't see this ad :)
hah - thanks for the heads up i wouldn't have noticed that ever - i would just photocopy your transcript and send it in - i luckily have a copy lying around, but otherwise that would be a pain.
-jot

I'd send whatever they wanted. I applied last year so my opinion may be biased from last years AMCAS fiasco, but I wouldn't count on AMCAS to do anything but take your $MONEY$. Many of the schools to which I applied asked me to print and send a copy of my AMCAS app because they had received nothing from AMCAS. Some reported still have nothing from AMCAS many many months (6) after I certified and submitted and paid for everything. I kept copies of everything I sent to AMCAS and to each school so that I could easily send additional copies when things got lost or failed to materialize.

Hopkins is worried, like many other schools, that AMCAS will lose your MCAT scores and transcripts. It's just a safeguard.

Originally posted by CaNEM
After submitting my Hopkins app online 3 weeks ago, only TODAY do I realize that they don't look at it unless you print out a copy and mail it in! Man, I've got to read directions more carefully. Are there other schools that do this?

Also, on the printed out PDF file for the Hopkins App, there are check boxes for you to include MCAT scores and and Unofficial transcript. Why? Are these required? Don't they have your MCAT scores and verified transcript from AMCAS? Does anyone know?