2023-2024 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
not until mid may

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I have an apartment near JHU School of Medicine available for sublease for 2 months, June and July. If anyone is interested lemme know.

any update on the # of people in the groupchat? Is it still way above 120?

Current M1s began removing folks today, there’s about 132 incoming students in there right now for a class size of 120
Ah by any chance is the 120 inclusive of the MSTP cohort? Reason being I know some are also in the MD group chat, so if it's a goal of 120 MD students then you could probably subtract the current total by like 10-18 folks.

Last edited:
Ah by any chance is the 120 inclusive of the MSTP cohort? Reason being I know some are also in the MD group chat, so if it's a goal of 120 MD students then you could probably subtract the current total by like 5-10 folks.
I think that the 120 includes both MD and MSTP folks.

Given that the waitlist is ranked, does that mean updates/letters/intent are meaningless as this point?
It's been a few years since I applied but when I applied the waitlist was not strictly ranked, essentially the admissions dean and associate dean look over applicants on the waitlist vs committed applicants and aim to have a balanced class (ie, if the incoming students are too east coast heavy they go for west coast, or if the balance of male/female or particular groups or majors or interests is unbalanced they try to balance it). That's how it was when I applied, things may have changed. Letter of intent doesn't help. If you have a mentor with some weight who can call the admissions dean for you that might help but most people don't have that (like if you did 2 years of research there with a division chief or something like that and your mentor is willing to go to bat for you).