2023-2024 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who are still awaiting a decision, have you uploaded the IDOC stuff via the CSS website?

Edit: Is there anything else expected of us in terms of Fin Aid stuff, given that our decision will come in very close to april?
I already did, and I think besides that and the FAFSA there are no other immediate actions we have to take. And even then I don’t think it’s super urgent, but it’s best to get it done as soon as you can.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who are still awaiting a decision, have you uploaded the IDOC stuff via the CSS website?

Edit: Is there anything else expected of us in terms of Fin Aid stuff, given that our decision will come in very close to april?
Wait how do we get IDOC to work? I still haven’t been able to submit my paperwork cause I thought CSS itself was supposed to request the documents first and then you can submit? I have yet to receive an email asking me to submit via IDOC though.

Wait how do we get IDOC to work? I still haven’t been able to submit my paperwork cause I thought CSS itself was supposed to request the documents first and then you can submit? I have yet to receive an email asking me to submit via IDOC though.
You can just login to idoc at this point and it will probably be populated with requests. That's what happened to me anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since I had Hopkins listed as a school on my CSS, I got an IDOC after sending in my CSS profile w/ instructions on how to login and submit, etc.

Since I had Hopkins listed as a school on my CSS, I got an IDOC after sending in my CSS profile w/ instructions on how to login and submit, etc.
Does anyone know what we actually have to submit on IDOC, or is there a list somewhere? Finding this whole platform very confusing to navigate.

Does anyone know what we actually have to submit on IDOC, or is there a list somewhere? Finding this whole platform very confusing to navigate.
I think once you add the school, CSS will just tell you what docs you need to submit for each school

Is it normal to interview in early Jan and still not hear back 😞 a bit demotivated

Are late interviewees (Jan onwards) disadvantaged due to the rolling admin process or nah?

Are late interviewees (Jan onwards) disadvantaged due to the rolling admin process or nah?
They say no pretty emphatically, but who knows for sure. I'd guess marginally, just because there are fewer seats, but it's probably not meaningful to anyone's chances.

Reactions: 2 users
I think they accepted more than their full class based on groupme (total-number of admin/current students). the number of acceptances for the next wave of acceptances may depend on what percent of the current accepted students PTE on the CYMS tool?

I think they accepted more than their full class based on groupme (total-number of admin/current students). the number of acceptances for the next wave of acceptances may depend on what percent of the current accepted students PTE on the CYMS tool?
They always accept more than the full class. I doubt they’d use such an unreliable method after putting so much time and effort into interviewing people. If you’re still waiting for an answer, just try to relax. We’ll get the answer when it comes.

Members don't see this ad :)
They always accept more than the full class. I doubt they’d use such an unreliable method after putting so much time and effort into interviewing people. If you’re still waiting for an answer, just try to relax. We’ll get the answer when it comes.
Yes, every medical school accepts more than the number of seats they have because no medical school has 100% yield. But no medical school, to my understanding, will accept a significantly greater number than they have seats in their new class without first seeing what their yield would be because overenrolling students is a HUGE nightmare for medical schools. They literally cannot matriculate more students than they have seats for.

Medical schools do use tools like PTE to see what their yield would be and decide to accept more/less.

Last edited:
If this last round of decisions is end of March, are WL folks planning on sending updates in April?

How many people are currently in the GroupMe? Based on these stats, it looks like they accepted 266 people for the c/o 2027 (not sure if that includes waitlists) and then 120 matriculated.

How many people are currently in the GroupMe? Based on these stats, it looks like they accepted 266 people for the c/o 2027 (not sure if that includes waitlists) and then 120 matriculated.
Currently 149 (including M1 admins). The stats probably include waitlist --> A since they said they usually accept a similar number of people per acceptance wave so I doubt they will accept 120+ during the last wave.

If this last round of decisions is end of March, are WL folks planning on sending updates in April?
Any updates after the committee meets to discuss your interview date won't help because they don't have more committee meetings. They just pull people from WL based on the decisions made during the committee meeting.

Any updates after the committee meets to discuss your interview date won't help because they don't have more committee meetings. They just pull people from WL based on the decisions made during the committee meeting.
So you're saying that we should send any updates/LOI now before late March?

Hi! Has anyone received info about admitted students days? I think in my interview they said it would be April 11-12 but I'm not positive?

Hi! Has anyone received info about admitted students days? I think in my interview they said it would be April 11-12 but I'm not positive?
April 11-13, yes. More details will come out on Monday according to the M1s in the GroupMe

April 11-13, yes. More details will come out on Monday according to the M1s in the GroupMe
Thank you! i haven't gotten any decision yet but I'm trying to plan around those dates just in case (which hopefully doesn't jinx me)

Does anyone know if it's even worth it for a WL to send a LOI? Does Hopkins even look over it, or will it annoy them more than help?

There's no deadline by which we need to apply for financial aid here, is there? Like ideally earlier the better, but no hard deadline? (This is post interview)

I'm a bit confused. Someone said earlier they withdrew their A but in early Feb they said they received an ii. Does Hopkins do rolling admission? Have any of the people who interviewed in Feb received decisions already?

I'm a bit confused. Someone said earlier they withdrew their A but in early Feb they said they received an ii. Does Hopkins do rolling admission? Have any of the people who interviewed in Feb received decisions already?
Hopkins does rolling admission! And anyone who has interviewed since Jan won't hear back from them until the third wave...which is this week (hopefully lol)

Well tomorrow's Day 1 of 3

Wishing everyone the best of luck heading into these next few days!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
I'm just being neurotic but just went through threads from previous years and some people saw Hopkins on the "choose your medical school" tool before decisions came out. Has that happened to anyone this year?

Anybody know if they call or email? And do they usually do this in the morning?

Anybody know if they call or email? And do they usually do this in the morning?
I think they email and then call after. Based on the last two release dates, the email was sent in the afternoon (12:30-2:30 pm est), so I am guessing we are not getting anything today.

I'm going to guess it's tomorrow then! See you all then

• Haha
I didn't receive any aid info...but also I submitted my CSS and FAFSA on March 20th...maybe that's why?