Jurassic Park WW Game Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cuitlamiztli

onward and upward
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It was just past dawn when the small plane touched down at the InGen Wildlife Team's research facility. Its passengers, twenty-four lucky students from SDNU, grinned manically at each other. They were here! On Isla Sorna! They were going to work with dinosaurs!

"This is gonna be awesome!" Squirrelsrule squealed, "I can't wait!"

A siren began to sound in the background as they chattered excitedly. None of them paid it any attention until Nordicat glanced past jjohnston's shoulder and frowned.

"Guys?" She jerked her head toward the window. "I think something's going on. There are lights flashing all over the pla--"

That was when the nightmare began. Something large -- very large -- crashed into the side of the still-moving plane. The students screamed as it rolled and skid along the runway. Whatever had hit the plane continued to slam into it; they could hear its angry roars over the horrible sound of screeching metal.

The plane ground to a sudden halt. Then, before they could wonder if it was over, the roof was torn from above them and they were staring up at a gigantic, angry predator. Saliva dripped from its serrated teeth as it regarded them with evil red eyes.

"Oh, God," sooprnova's voice cracked in fear, "It's going to eat us."

A low rumble, almost like laughter, filled the air. The dinosaur lowered its massive head and sniffed each of them in turn, almost as if it were searching for something. No one dared make a sound. Some hardly dared to breathe. Some wondered if it would leave them alone then... but no. Its next horrific action was to bite each of their arms carefully in turn. A loud, thunder-like crack cut through the air then, and the monster bellowed in pain. They watched in horrified fascination as it turned from them and charged in the direction of the sound. More shots and angry roars rang through the air for what seemed like an eternity. And then they stopped.

"I think it's over," bbeventer whispered. The other students whispered in agreement and began to help each other out of the ruined plane. They were met on the landing strip by a small team wearing InGen gear and masks. Supplies were stacked neatly beside them. Behind them, another team wearing hazmat suits was working to remove their attacker's carcass.

"I don't have long to explain things to you," one of the men said, "So I'll get straight to the point. Most of the island was been evacuated in the past 24 hours. You weren't supposed to leave Costa Rica. We think the pilot was in on the plan. One of our former competitors, BioSyn, managed to engineer a virus that transforms people with a specific mutation into dinosaurs. Into Rogue Dinosaurs. Sort of were-dinosaurs, if you will, as the transformation occurs at night. They did it to shut us down--"

Krist cut him off. "But what does this have to do with us? Can't you see we're injured?!"

"It has everything to do with you," the man sighed. "The carcharodontosaurus that attacked you was one of BioSyn's operatives. Those bites were intended to infect you. Do you understand? Some of you will transform tonight. There is no cure. I'm sorry, but we can't help you any more than we have. These supplies are yours; you'll find bandages, food, water, that sort of thing. You need to figure out who is actually infected. We'll continue to monitor the island and return for any human survivors."

The twenty-four horrified students gaped as the InGen teams abandoned them on the runway. They turned to each other. "What now?" They wondered.

What now, indeed.

Team Stegosaurus
1. shortnsweet
2. WTF
3. Trematode
4. bbeventer

Team Ankylosaurus
1. kakurubird
2. squirrelsrule
3. hedgiehog
4. katie8

Team Parasaurolophus
1. nyanko
2. devyn
3. kaydubs
4. NStarz

Team Triceratops
1. Krist
2. Nordicat
3. alaskandream
4. ky261682

Team Brachiosaurus
1. TigerWillow
2. Fromthebox
3. CorporateFatCat
4. dyachei

Team Compsognathus
1. sooprnova
2. Orca2011
3. jjohnston
4. sheepdogpsu

It is Day 1. You must now elect a Lead Researcher to oversee all of your teams. Whoever is elected will have the power to veto one lynch and will be responsible for breaking ties.

As usual, please bold your votes or use asterisks to make them stand out (i.e. Elect cuitlamiztli or ***elect cuitlamiztli***). If you wish to change your vote say Unelect such-and-so, elect this person. Don't edit posts. Any editing will earn you 1 or more lynch votes.

The election will end at 8pm CST or when all players have voted. Hopefully this will give everyone a chance to vote. You may PM freely within your groups.

Good luck... and don't go into the long grass.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Loooved that intro. This is going to be so fun!!

elect hedgiehog

Amazing intro!!!!!!!!

Go researchers, kill some Dino butt!!!

Elect CorporateFatCat.
No particular reason. :)

I wish I were in Team Triceratops. Then I could make Baby Bop my avatar.

Wow, this sprung up quickly.
Go researchers!

elect SOV
what better way to fight dinosaurs
than with trolls with big sticks?

Official vote count:

dyachei - 1
(nyanko, dyachei)
hedgiehog - 3 (squirrelsrule, Katie8, kakurubird)
CorporateFatCat - 1 (Trematode)

Sorry, SOV, zombie/troll votes don't count ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
:rofl: hehe my new avatar makes me giggle

A Lead Researcher with mod experience, who also happens to be in my group?
I'm down with that :smuggrin:
elect dyachei

Good point FTB

Elect Dyachei

Wait, I just woke up. Are people running around without any arms?

"Bite." Not completely eat.
You have an arm, it just might
be infected.

Thanks for the clarification troll man.

Everyone avoid the outhouse toilets. Don't wanna go the way of the bloodsucking lawyer.

Donald_Gennaro_JP.png

I agree lets elect Dyachei. She has mod experience and I really enjoyed playing her game :D

Official vote count:

dyachei - 10 (nyanko, dyachei, kaydubs, shortnsweet, krist, fromthebox, tigerwillow, jjohnston, bbeventer, devyn)

Sorry, SOV, zombie/troll votes don't count ;)

Official vote count:

dyachei - 11 (nyanko, dyachei, kaydubs, shortnsweet, krist, fromthebox, tigerwillow, jjohnston, bbeventer, devyn, hedgiehog)

DVMDream beat me to it, so adding in hedgiehog's vote.

Slow morning.....

I've spent the morning looking for an avatar from the We're Back dinosaurs movie. Then I found the whole movie on youtube which means of course I have to watch it. I loved that movie when I was little.

I've spent the morning looking for an avatar from the We're Back dinosaurs movie. Then I found the whole movie on youtube which means of course I have to watch it. I loved that movie when I was little.

Reeaaaaallly?!?!?! Omg put down the link!!'

elect dyachei

I definitely agree with the experience =)

I am starting to think that my avatar is way to serious for this game :p

Reeaaaaallly?!?!?! Omg put down the link!!'

It's in six parts but you should be able to get to the other parts from the related links of this one.
[YOUTUBE]GqLdZwkajvY[/YOUTUBE]

I loved that movie when I was little, too! I haven't seen it since I was about 7 or so. Must watch it this week.

elect dyachei

If We're Back is getting some love, I gotta rep Land Before Time. Oh god, it came out when I was one... Sharptooth still scares me!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJg3GP4tH94[/YOUTUBE]

:eek: Omg! Land before time was my all time childhood favorite!! That is before they made land before time x 54.

Agree that we need a leader with experience. I can't imagine anyone better!

elect dyachei