Just out of curiosity, where were the scramble spots?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emergen-C

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, where were the scramble spots? I see the thread in the General Residency Issues forum but no EM spots listed...

Best of luck to all SDNers who are scrambling!

Members don't see this ad.

Check the rear-view thread, there are a few posted there, mostly at las vegas I think

Long time lurker first time poster. Anyone know where the two EM/IM scramble spots were?

Members don't see this ad :)
The spots from other sources were 3 in Las Vegas, 3 at MSU Sparrow, and 2 or something like that at maimonades which somehow opened up today or something. the 6 advertised were Las vegas and MSU Sparrow.

are these spots now filled or are they still unfilled?

The spots from other sources were 3 in Las Vegas, 3 at MSU Sparrow, and 2 or something like that at maimonades which somehow opened up today or something. the 6 advertised were Las vegas and MSU Sparrow.
I thought UMiss had a spot in the mix but mysteriously filled before noon.

I thought UMiss had a spot in the mix but mysteriously filled before noon.

Could be. When I saw the unfilled list, it listed Central and West - UNLV and MSU-Sparrow, for a total of 5 spots. This was early afternoon PDT. That sixth spot could have been UMiss, but I could swear I heard UNLV had the 3 open spots earlier in the day.

Could be. When I saw the unfilled list, it listed Central and West - UNLV and MSU-Sparrow, for a total of 5 spots. This was early afternoon PDT. That sixth spot could have been UMiss, but I could swear I heard UNLV had the 3 open spots earlier in the day.
They did. UMiss was the hidden 7th that was a PGY2 spot.

Ninja are you not wasted yet??? Do I need to fedex you some beer?

Nah, I don't know if I want to drink or not. Still in the contemplative stage.

So by all accounts, there were 3 open spots at UNLV, 2 at MSU-Sparrow, 1 at Henry Ford and 1 PGY-2 at UMiss? Is that a complete list?

- H
3 at Sparrow. HF was EM/IM.
All in all, there were 11 spots out there, 2 EM/FM, 2 EM/IM, 6 PGY1-3, and 1 PGY2-4.

And two at Mamoinides that opened on scramble day but were not available in match.

I thought we finally saw the day NY spots all filled..

They did technically. They had 2 spots that were approved after the match, so they were not counted in the match statistics. At least based on what folks have shared on SDN.

This is what they said:

We would like to notify you that the RRC has approved two additional spots for our residency program. These spots were approved after the matching algorithm had already been run. Therefore, we will be offering these two spots during the scramble period. We will only be considering unmatched applicants at that time. If you are still interested in our program you can contact our Residency Coordinator at....(no need to post the info since they emailed out that they filled by that afternoon)