Kansas c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats avalanche and lumphead! I haven't checked SDN in a week or so and a lot has happened. Good luck on everyone still waiting to hear!:xf:

Thanks! They said multiple times they were going to send out most at the beginning of February, so I'm sure there are plenty to come!

I interviewed on 1/21 and got my letter today. It was also postmarked 1/26.

I guess I'll be the dark cloud: did anyone get any bad news? I'm too scared to go to the mailbox.

I guess I'll be the dark cloud: did anyone get any bad news? I'm too scared to go to the mailbox.
Hey vaca, I woudn't worry about it too much early on.. Even if you don't get anything yet, I believe they'll send it out in small intervals until the 15th.. I'll be hoping for good news for ya!! And sorry I didn't respond last night and couldn't go out.. we got rear-ended on our trip back and it got kinda complicated.

On a brighter note, anyone who received an acceptance deciding on attending k-state? I am almost sure that I'm going to go..

Last edited:
On a brighter note, anyone who received an acceptance deciding on attending k-state?

I'd love to go to KState. I really loved the campus when I interviewed.... but I'm just waiting on my IS. So if I get in there, there will be an opening for someone... but I wont know til March :)

The last letters for OOS interviewees went out Monday, according to the secretary at KSU. I just checked my mail today... still nothing. :( There is always tomorrow!

The last letters for OOS interviewees went out Monday, according to the secretary at KSU. I just checked my mail today... still nothing. :( There is always tomorrow!

Did they send them out for all three outcomes? Or just acceptances for now? If you know...?

Did they send them out for all three outcomes? Or just acceptances for now? If you know...?

That's a good question! I didn't ask her that, though. Dang it! Maybe it's best not to know :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Absolutely! Please post if you get anything in the mail!

Will do. The only people that have seemed to get letter so far were acceptances... maybe they send those first, waitlists second, and rejections last :(. I should stop speculating and freaking every one else out like I do to myself! :scared::laugh:

No mail for me :(. Starting to think it's not good news...

Congratulations to ILikeDogs, my Fullerton Chingu. I know they loved you.

I guess they save the solid rejections for last!

Here's a question: If your interviewers are wincing and grimacing during the interview, that means they like you, right?

I got accepted, but haven't even gone on my other interviews yet! I was talking to a lot of other applicants who thought their interviews went terribly. I thought mine was absolutely abysmal - it was like every time I opened my mouth word vomit came out. One interviewer never once looked at me, just looked at his laptop the whole time like he was bored, lol. So if your interview didn't go so well, don't stress out too much! It's just a part of your application.

I got accepted, but haven't even gone on my other interviews yet! I was talking to a lot of other applicants who thought their interviews went terribly. I thought mine was absolutely abysmal - it was like every time I opened my mouth word vomit came out. One interviewer never once looked at me, just looked at his laptop the whole time like he was bored, lol. So if your interview didn't go so well, don't stress out too much! It's just a part of your application.

My interview didn't go so well because my word vomit consisted of me proclaiming... that one day when I am old and my quality of life is suffering (they asked about human euthanasia) that I hope someone will "put some pink in me"....
WHO THE HELL SAYS THAT?!?!!?!? :mad::mad::mad::oops::oops::laugh:

Seriously. I had one very nice interviewer and, while I thought my answers were at least OKAY, the other constantly looked at me like I was saying the dumbest thing ever. At one point she even kind of mocked me? I don't know but I for sure thought I was getting rejected because she was terrifying haha.

Where do y'all live? I'm hoping it's just taking a long time to get to me due to my location.:scared:

My interview didn't go so well because my word vomit consisted of me proclaiming... that one day when I am old and my quality of life is suffering (they asked about human euthanasia) that I hope someone will "put some pink in me"....
WHO THE HELL SAYS THAT?!?!!?!? :mad::mad::mad::oops::oops::laugh:

haha I like that "put some pink in me" :laugh: My interview was on the 7th and I already got a letter saying I've been accepted. I was completely shocked because my interview was horrible. There was one point where I was talking so fast that I stuttered and tripped over my own words. I ended up mumbling somethings that weren't even words. I got so embarrassed that I lost my train of thought and just kinda stopped talking. They all probably thought I was crazy. And they asked me a number of specific medical questions that I didn't know the answer to! Yet somehow I got in. They definitely consider more than just your interview.
Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear! :xf:

Where do y'all live? I'm hoping it's just taking a long time to get to me due to my location.:scared:

I'm in Nebraska. I thought I'd get mine early since I'm so close to Kansas, but nope.

Hey vaca, I woudn't worry about it too much early on.. Even if you don't get anything yet, I believe they'll send it out in small intervals until the 15th.. I'll be hoping for good news for ya!! And sorry I didn't respond last night and couldn't go out.. we got rear-ended on our trip back and it got kinda complicated.

On a brighter note, anyone who received an acceptance deciding on attending k-state? I am almost sure that I'm going to go.. This is probably wayy too early for this type of discussion, but any of you guys want to talk about being roommates? haha PM me!

I'm definitely going, not sure if I will be looking for a roommate (at least the first year) because I have a dog who prefers to be the only pet.

BUT questions for anyone who knows Manhattan - any good suggestions on housing for enormous dogs? I have a 120 pound German Shepherd. I'm also looking for somewhere to board my horses; so far Hye Pointe looks great but I'd love feedback from people who know the area. Thanks!

ALSO - I'm thinking about starting a Facebook page for the class of 2016. If there is anyone else that is definitely attending K State then let me know and I'll start it up and send a link!

No mail again for me today... :( Not good since I'm leaving for my FL interview tomorrow at 6 am and not coming back until the 9th.. :-/ Guess I'll bribe someone to stalk my mail since the BF will be out of town too :confused:

No mail again for me today... :( Not good since I'm leaving for my FL interview tomorrow at 6 am and not coming back until the 9th.. :-/ Guess I'll bribe someone to stalk my mail since the BF will be out of town too :confused:

I'm in the same boat! I'm leaving today for LA (with a brief trip to the bay area). I am going to interview at Western on the 4th. I would sooooo much rather have an email!!! I feel like they're pulling off the bandaid slowly!!! Just rip it off already!!! :p

Got my letter today in Minnesota! I'm on the alternate list, but I'm confident that it will lead to some good news :xf:. I hope you guys hear some news soon!!!

Hi guys! So I have been stalking this thread for awhile, but haven't actually posted anything until now. I just received a letter from KState stating that I have been put on the alternate list...does anyone know any more information about this, or have been in the same situation in the past? I am pretty excited, and hoping for good news. Anything anyone could tell me would be great! I interviewed on January 21st, and am still waiting to hear from my IS.

Good luck to everyone, and congrats to those who have been accepted!

:)

Waitlisted! :D I still can't believe it :xf:

I had my trusted Aunt check the mail and read my letter that I recieved today (Im in california) waitlisted!

Do we know how long the waitlist is? Do they over accept at the beginning in addition to waitlisting?
I really hope we all get good news in April!!! :xf:

Congratulations to all the waitlisters! I envy you.

I'm going to the mailbox for the last time this week. At this point, it will only be one of two things. Even the butterflies in my stomach are barfing.

Finally got my letter today!! Wait listed as well. Now I think we just have to wait until April until we actually begin to find out more...

Well it's been fun Kansas... thanks anyway :(

Is anyone STILL waiting for a letter from Kansas? I'm in NYC and interviewed on 1/22 and still nothing..ugh! I can't deal with the anxiety anymore..Anyone else hear back recently?

Is anyone STILL waiting for a letter from Kansas? I'm in NYC and interviewed on 1/22 and still nothing..ugh! I can't deal with the anxiety anymore..Anyone else hear back recently?
I would call them, they said the first week of feb. Hasn't that come and gone? Call and find out!!!

Also, anyone on the waitlist call to find out where you stand?

They said by Feb 15...that's the middle of next week, I'm curious since a lot of people posted last week, I was kind of wandering if that was it..

They said by Feb 15...that's the middle of next week, I'm curious since a lot of people posted last week, I was kind of wandering if that was it..

I guess you're right, I hope you get something soon!!

I emailed Dr. Elmore to ask where approximately I stand on the wait-list and he responded that he cannot give this information out, however to ease my concern that if this year is anything like the last few years, I will likely receive a seat in April. So we just have to hang tight I guess. But you could always try to contact him also and see if he says anything differently. :)

I just spoke with Janel over the phone and she emailed me an "unofficial" copy of the letter-- I'm an alternate. I'm pretty devastated I wanted nothing more than to be accepted to K State. Where did you find Dr. Elmore's email? I'd love to email him as well to see if he says anything.