Kansas Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wu-Tang Killa Bee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can any out-of-staters give feedback on Kansas. I have an interview on the 2nd and since interviewfeedback is down, I need info.

PS I received an interview on their last interview date, do you think that they are interviewing for their waitlist? They do not accept many out-of-staters so I am kinda skeptical.

Any info on Kansas would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

When I called and asked what they were still interviewing for, the lady said what they do is wait until everyone is interviewed and then they rank them. The best people get offered a spot in the class, the second best get offered a waitlist, and the rest are rejected. I didn't interview there, but I have heard they ask a lot of ethical questions.

I'm out of state. Although it is late in the interview cycle, I don't think your chances are any less for straight acceptance then if you had interviewed earlier. I say this because when I interviewed there recently they said they still have many seats open. However, as Kadyra said they only accept a few right away (and it seems from their informational talk that it's been this way since the interview season began). The rest they will put on a waitlist which will be ranked after all interviews have taken place. The post-interview notification letter comes quick, in about 1.5 wks post interview. A letter in mid-April will be sent out notifying you of your rank.

I had heard the interviews would be lots of ethics/scenario questions, but I must of lucked out. I didn't have any, instead I was asked just the general interview questions, why KS, tell me about this activity, tell me about that activity, etc. Some other applicants had 1/2 ethics, 1/2 general questions. Others had all ethics questions. It seemed like a mixed bag depending on your interviewers. My interviewers were nice, but all the interviewers seemed nice, not at all condescending or mean, it's just that some asked tough questions. 1 interview is open file and 1-1. The other is closed file and 2-1. They only have your essays, I think. Each interview is 0.5 hour. Hope this helps!