Kansas State C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I made it to Manhattan Kansas! :)
Nice! I had my interview a few hours ago. It's very conversational, just be ready for them to ask questions specific to you along with the standard questions and you'll do great!

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have an idea if I go to do my tour around 10am will I have plenty of time to get to my interview at 2pm? Thanks :cat:

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have an idea if I go to do my tour around 10am will I have plenty of time to get to my interview at 2pm? Thanks :cat:
Loads. I had a noon interview and did my tour at 10 and was more than fine. The tour lasts about an hour but I can’t say for sure if they’d be doing them at like 12:30 or not or if they take a break for lunch but even getting there at 11-11:30 you’d have more than enough time

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to everyone interviewing this weekend! (Not like you'll need it, I'm sure you'll all do great!)

Reactions: 3 users
Quick question about thank you notes to our interviewers.

I can easily find their vet school email addresses/contact info from the school website. Is it OK to email them directly or do I need to go through Mary Sue? I don't want to overstep if that's not the way they like to handle thank you notes.

I can easily find their vet school email addresses/contact info from the school website. Is it OK to email them directly or do I need to go through Mary Sue? I don't want to overstep if that's not the way they like to handle thank you notes.

Truthfully I don't know what the policy is on that, so I would say contact the office. If sending directly is fine they can tell you that but doing so otherwise seems pretty presumptuous. Maybe I'm just a grump, but I wouldn't want piles of thank you emails sent to my work email.

(You guys make me feel like an ungrateful curmudgeon, I never sent thank yous to any interviewers lol)

I made sure to write down the names of my interviewers after my interview and emailed my notes to mary sue. she forwarded my notes to my interviewers.

Hi! I'm making a facebook group for the KSU CVM class of 2022! I'm a student that's been on medical leave, so I'm planning on returning this Fall and joining the class of 2022! I can't create the page unless I add a few people to it during the creation of it, so look me up on facebook if you've decided to come next year, and add me and I'll add you to the group! I'll post here once it's officially up and running and then you can just request to join the group when you make your decision!
My name is Kiera Egan. I have a picture of me and my sister as my profile picture and my cover photo is our 4 dogs. (plus I'm the one that has Kansas State CVM listed as my school)

Hope to meet you guys in the Fall!

Hi! I'm making a facebook group for the KSU CVM class of 2022! I'm a student that's been on medical leave, so I'm planning on returning this Fall and joining the class of 2022! I can't create the page unless I add a few people to it during the creation of it, so look me up on facebook if you've decided to come next year, and add me and I'll add you to the group! I'll post here once it's officially up and running and then you can just request to join the group when you make your decision!
My name is Kiera Egan. I have a picture of me and my sister as my profile picture and my cover photo is our 4 dogs. (plus I'm the one that has Kansas State CVM listed as my school)

Hope to meet you guys in the Fall!
I was under the impression that the school created the class Facebook group once Acceptance letters were sent out. It's that incorrect?

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Sometimes they do, sometimes the students create them. Class of 2020 students created it, Class of 2021 school created it. It can be done either way. I'm inviting the associate dean to join the group and I'll make her an admin once she joins. It doesn't make a difference who makes it though. It ends up being run by the students anyway.

Just got done interviewing! Hoping for the best really loved the school!!

Reactions: 3 users
okay so the link is Facebook.com / groups/2071851109762482/
if I directly link it, it just comes up as the log-in to Facebook.
Good luck to everyone who's interviewing!

I sent three envelopes of hand written notes within a larger mailing envelope addressed to Mary Sue. I had a veterinarian who practiced in Kansas City as my third person so it seemed best to send them all to the school first.
Within the KSUCVM email system, we get bombarded with e-mails and they pile up fast. Professors and clinicians have made remarks to me that they get even more than students. For that reason, your e-mail might get sent to the clutter box, but at least if you go the e-mail route, an e-mail forwarded from Mary Sue *might* signify they should read it?

When I interviewed in December they said to send them to Mary Sue and she would get them to who they needed to go to.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile

Thanks everyone! I'll send everything to Mary Sue.

I sent three envelopes of hand written notes within a larger mailing envelope addressed to Mary Sue. I had a veterinarian who practiced in Kansas City as my third person so it seemed best to send them all to the school first.
Within the KSUCVM email system, we get bombarded with e-mails and they pile up fast. Professors and clinicians have made remarks to me that they get even more than students. For that reason, your e-mail might get sent to the clutter box, but at least if you go the e-mail route, an e-mail forwarded from Mary Sue *might* signify they should read it?

Clutter is a terrible feature and I don't know why Microsoft felt it was necessary on top of the usual spam folder. I turned it off because I would forget to check it and important emails would regularly go to clutter. I guess I think Outlook sucks in general tbh though

Clutter is a terrible feature and I don't know why Microsoft felt it was necessary on top of the usual spam folder. I turned it off because I would forget to check it and important emails would regularly go to clutter. I guess I think Outlook sucks in general tbh though
Yes outlook sucks. I recently update it on my laptop and now all the folders are gone. If I accidentally archive something, I won’t see them ever again.

Yes outlook sucks. I recently update it on my laptop and now all the folders are gone. If I accidentally archive something, I won’t see them ever again.
My school changed to Microsoft for email I just have everything forwarded to my Gmail account and send it out as my school email from there. Much easier and simpler and I never have any issues with that.

My school changed to Microsoft for email I just have everything forwarded to my Gmail account and send it out as my school email from there. Much easier and simpler and I never have any issues with that.

Yeah I just get too many emails to want to do that. I use gmail as my personal one. My normal school email forwards to my vet email.

I'm okay with the actual Outlook program I have on my laptop for work, it's better than the online office365 interface which sucks noodles.

Yeah I just get too many emails to want to do that. I use gmail as my personal one. My normal school email forwards to my vet email.

I'm okay with the actual Outlook program I have on my laptop for work, it's better than the online office365 interface which sucks noodles.
I have 2 school emails forward to my gmail. My undergraduate institution I graduated from and my graduate school that I am currently at. I get a ton of emails, but I prefer everything in one place instead of checking multiple emails.

Any OOS'ers who interviewed on Jan 6? Idk, feeling desperate at this point and I gotta know lol.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m oos and interviewed the 7th. Still waiting, still sitting by my mailbox 24/7. Is it the end of the first week of February yet?

upload_2018-1-23_20-2-7.png

Reactions: 6 users
I’m oos and interviewed the 7th. Still waiting, still sitting by my mailbox 24/7. Is it the end of the first week of February yet?
I live with 2 other people and I told them that I'm on mail duty lol I also interviewed on the 7th.

Just want to make sure they are other who weren’t ask to interview still wait to hear?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just want to make sure they are other who weren’t ask to interview still wait to hear?

Unfortunately all of the interview weekends are done now, if you haven't interviewed at this point I'd be anticipating a rejection letter within the next couple weeks. :(

Unfortunately all of the interview weekends are done now, if you haven't interviewed at this point I'd be anticipating a rejection letter within the next couple weeks. :(

That’s what i was expecting i just wanted to make sure they waited to send them and i didn’t somehow already miss it

Just a helpful hint for all you folks waiting like me: the USPS now has a feature that shows you, the day before, a picture of what is coming in your mail the next day. It's amazing! You'll know when to look for it!

Just a helpful hint for all you folks waiting like me: the USPS now has a feature that shows you, the day before, a picture of what is coming in your mail the next day. It's amazing! You'll know when to look for it!

omg this is amazing i just signed up wow go usps

It isn't available for me because of where I live unfortunately. I would think it could be very misleading though because a lot of things come in normal sized envelopes. Unless it shows them up close individually.

Last edited:
Wat
Tell me more
But also I feel like this would just give me more anxiety about it because then I’d spend the next 24 hours panicking about what it says because I KNOW it’ll be there the next day.

It isn't available for me because of where I live unfortunately. I would think it could be very misleading though because a lot of things come in normal sized envelopes. Unless it shows them up close individually.

Tough luck you'll just have to stalk the Drexel mail people until your letter comes in the mail lmao Ill let you know when my rejection is on its way so you have an idea

It does. It send you a scanned photo of each piece of mail. You can clearly see who it's from.

You can turn it off?! I need to pay attention and play around with it. I set up custom folders for specific keywords to reduce the junk, but need to try again to send all yoga e-mails to one of them. Nobody needs 10 yoga e-mails a week.

You can turn it off?! I need to pay attention and play around with it. I set up custom folders for specific keywords to reduce the junk, but need to try again to send all yoga e-mails to one of them. Nobody needs 10 yoga e-mails a week.
Ughhh, I HATE all the yoga and "caring for others" emails. :rolleyes: I was able to turn my Clutter off, but I don't remember how lol.

Ughhh, I HATE all the yoga and "caring for others" emails. :rolleyes: I was able to turn my Clutter off, but I don't remember how lol.

Google should provide the exact steps, but I'm pretty sure you can only turn it on or off in your account in a browser. Unless they updated it you can't change it from Outlook which is is stupid.

Yes, people still add Class of 2017 to emails about crap and it annoys me. There's I think 4 of us still here, but most of it is still irrelevant anyway.

Yes, people still add Class of 2017 to emails about crap and it annoys me. There's I think 4 of us still here, but most of it is still irrelevant anyway.
I saw your class got sent an email last week about buying VetPrep and I side-eyed that, Dr. Schmidt sent out an email over the summer saying your class had a 98% pass rate, sooo... (But I'm not surprised considering who sent that email, let's just say she's not my favorite person lol)

Sorry to all the current applicants for clogging the thread! :p

Was totally stalking this form and saw this and perhaps will be using this when waiting for my WSU info... That is all.
ETA: USPS said my zipcode was eligible...but my address is not like what? o_O

Was totally stalking this form and saw this and perhaps will be using this when waiting for my WSU info... That is all.
ETA: USPS said my zipcode was eligible...but my address is not like what? o_O
Do you live in an apartment?

I am so excited, I am putting in my deposit and just requested to join the Facebook page :)

Reactions: 4 users