Kansas State Class of 2019!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's definitely possible. I don't remember if there was one or two weekends of interviews last year. Mines was January 19th, so maybe everyone who went that weekend were simply people who got their invites earlier.
Going to hope it's not that weekend this year since that is the VMR interview weekend...

Members don't see this ad.

That's definitely possible. I don't remember if there was one or two weekends of interviews last year. Mines was January 19th, so maybe everyone who went that weekend were simply people who got their invites earlier.
To the best of my knowledge the norm is one resident and two non-resident weekends. The resident ones are in late Dec and late January for the OOsers. Mine was around Jan 20th. Think it may have been the second round but not sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
We probably will get notified around the same time, will keep you updated for sure.:)

dcuellar - when did you submit your VMCAS app?

I submitted Oct 1st. Hehe so much for submitting it by mid Sept according to my "plan" :3

To the best of my knowledge the norm is one resident and two non-resident weekends. The resident ones are in late Dec and late January for the OOsers. Mine was around Jan 20th. Think it may have been the second round but not sure.

I went back and looked at the SDN thread from last year and there were two OOS weekends. Mine was the second round, which was really inconvenient. I had to drive 300 miles to go to school for a week, then 300 miles back to Denver, then to Kansas, then back to Denver, then the 300 miles back to school. It was something like 30 hours driving and 2400 miles, or somewhere around there.

I applied here and anxiously waiting. Good luck to everyone!

I just received an email from K-State saying that they have now received my VMCAS and complete supplemental packet. My VMCAS was just verified on the 15th. The email also says interview notifications will be sent in November or December.

Thanks for the update DVM65, Good Luck!

Still waiting for my letter :(

Just got an email saying that they received my supplemental (+check ect). And will send me another email when my VMCAS is verified.

@OneGrainOfSand you should be getting yours soon! We basically submitted at the same time :) God, this VMCAS verification thing is killing me though...the waiting that is :(

Reactions: 1 user
Good deal dcuellar - hopefully knowing they've got that part of your application makes your weekend a bit better :D
Still waiting for verification from VMCAS as well or any contact from K-State but you know what they say about watched pots...haha

Does anyone know what GPA's they consider to be competitive to get an interview?

No contact from K-State and still just meeting VMCAS requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too @batsenecal but I did find the on my banks website that they deposited my check. Since they've accepted my money - if they could just accept the application as well it would be fantastic.

Me too @batsenecal but I did find the on my banks website that they deposited my check. Since they've accepted my money - if they could just accept the application as well it would be fantastic.

Hang in there. They deposited my check about a week before I got an email from them. I'm sure you will hear from them soon!

I used a money order so I don't have the joy of seeing the money leave the account to know that they are looking at my stuff. lol. Slowly but surely we're getting there.

They need to let all of us out of this uncertainty and into school already!

Try being on the waitlist. lol.

dr-who-rain.gif

lol

He is my favorite Doctor. :). He was awesome and pretty good looking too. ;)

Yes!!! :) Now I can just sit back, relax, and let the adcom do their thing. Good luck everyone!

"Hi OneGrainOfSand,

We have received your VMCAS application via the online portal and also have your complete supplemental application packet (which includes transcripts, GRE scores, application fee and the application form) for consideration of admission to the Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine.

Applicants who will be invited for an interview will be notified in November or December.

Please contact me or Dr. Ronnie Elmore,if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Student Admissions Administrative Assistant
College of Veterinary Medicine | Kansas State University
101 Trotter Hall | Manhattan, KS 66506
"

For those thread searchers c/o 2020 +:
I submitted my VMCAS on October 2nd and it was verified on October 23rd.
Mailed in my supplemental to Kansas on September 30th and their confirmation e-mail October 24th.

Yes!!! :) Now I can just sit back, relax, and let the adcom do their thing. Good luck everyone!

"Hi OneGrainOfSand,

We have received your VMCAS application via the online portal and also have your complete supplemental application packet (which includes transcripts, GRE scores, application fee and the application form) for consideration of admission to the Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine.

Applicants who will be invited for an interview will be notified in November or December.

Please contact me or Dr. Ronnie Elmore,if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Student Admissions Administrative Assistant
College of Veterinary Medicine | Kansas State University
101 Trotter Hall | Manhattan, KS 66506
"

For those thread searchers c/o 2020 +:
I submitted my VMCAS on October 2nd and it was verified on October 23rd.
Mailed in my supplemental to Kansas on September 30th and their confirmation e-mail October 24th.
I honestly think it is just phenomenal that KSU has began taking the time to determine what the SDN name is of each applicant. Truly stellar on the part of the vet school! :D

haha, its the only reason I applied to KSU at all

Hi, Everyone,
I got my KSU interview invite email today for 12/20! I'm in-state.
Really excited, just thought I'd share.

Hi, Everyone,

Congrats and best of luck!

Now having read that, I'll be checking my email constantly... :laugh:

Hi, Everyone,
I will be there with you! Got my invite for 12/21 :). And the pizza party on 12/20 :p (OOS for those who are wondering)

I got my interview invite via email today, as well & my interview is on 12/21! I am OOS.

Y'all just gave me a heart attack. Now I am going to be manic about checking my e-mail for the next month.

Legit OOS or contract?

For those OOS that got interviews just wondering when you were verified?

Good question. I didn't send my stuff in until Oct 1, so I wasn't verified until about a week and a half ago.

Yeah I think I submitted around Sept 29 and got verified Oct 13. I received an email saying they got my supplemental app but no email saying they received my VMCAS. Did they send you an email confirming they received your VMCAS?

"We have received your VMCAS application via the online portal and also have your complete supplemental application packet (which includes transcripts, GRE scores, application fee and the application form) for consideration of admission to the Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine.

Applicants who will be invited for an interview will be notified in November or December."

This is the e-mail I received from K state on October 23rd.

Damn you guys! I'm here in lab refreshing my email every minute. My lab partner is not happy with this. >:L

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my interview invite as well, scheduled for 12/21! Good luck everyone!

Why can't the schools send them all at once ahhhh!

Reactions: 1 users
At least they seem to be on top of things this year...I feel like not as many people applied this year or maybe they are just lurking and not joining in on our posting. :whistle:

They're lurking...but I used to do that to until this application cycle, haha. I'm sure they'll pop up here soon, with more invites going out etc. trying to figure out what to do next.

At least they seem to be on top of things this year...I feel like not as many people applied this year or maybe they are just lurking and not joining in on our posting. :whistle:

88 replies and over 3k views. They're probably just lurking.

Dang lurkers! I can we speed up time a little here? I am literally dying every time I refresh my email..

Hey folks: last year they sent them out in chunks so if you didn't get one for the december weekend I wouldn't expect one. Also, last year very few OOS interviewed in December, so don't get down on yourselves. Most OOS will be done in January.

As in don't expect one for the december weekend. Some more may trickle out, but they send them all at once for each weekend.

I think she means that you shouldn't expect one to come for December weekend, you should expect one for January instead

And although I am in vet school and you hedged a pretty safe bet assuming I'm female, I am indeed a man hahaha

STL has got LIS-itis, lol

Reactions: 1 users
I mean I get it, there's literally 20 guys in our 110 person class, so statistically it's a safe bet haha