Kansas State (KSU) c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My boss said that this year they are interviewing about 480 candidates. And we take around 120 students but it of course varies a bit from year to year. A certain percentage of students turn down KSU’s offer, so a bit more than 120 offers will be sent out.

If someone doesn’t accept their seat, then someone on the waitlist will be called. We had a student in my class actually get a call on the first day of orientation (Wednesday) and she packed up her stuff and moved from TX to KS to start class the following Monday.
Well, there goes that positivity I was carrying with me after my interview. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Well, there goes that positivity I was carrying with me after my interview. :oops:
Or you could think of it this way, if you get an interview you’re going from a less than 10% chance to about a 25% chance. Your odds have over doubled.
Is anyone else going to join the presentation later via zoom?
I’m hoping to.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Feeling pretty nervous after my interview since it feels like it went suspiciously well 😅

I had my in person interview yesterday and it went really well! And after visiting K-State and Manhattan (I’d never been), I loved both the school and town!! Everyone at the school was so kind and helpful and seemed genuinely happy. I’m so excited/nervous to hear in hopefully a few weeks 🤞

Reactions: 5 users
I feel the same way! I'm trying to plan a visit but it's hard to get time off after requesting time off for interview season. Does anyone know around when they release decisions? I don't want to schedule a visit and then get rejected!

I feel the same way! I'm trying to plan a visit but it's hard to get time off after requesting time off for interview season. Does anyone know around when they release decisions? I don't want to schedule a visit and then get rejected!
They said 4-6 weeks when I asked.

Coming from a big OOS city I was amazed how much I liked it here. I've been here 5 1/2 years now (3 undergrad rest in vet school) and still like it! Visit if you are on the fence. Good luck all!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
When I asked one of the ambassadors what time they heard back last year they said February 15th!

Reactions: 1 user
I would guess you all would hear by Valentine’s Day. My acceptance came on February 7th, 2021 and last year’s was a similar timeframe.

So after reading here I’m wondering if something weird happened with their system. I was originally waitlisted for an interview but got one. But I got into Colorado but was waitlisted just for an interview at kstate?

So after reading here I’m wondering if something weird happened with their system. I was originally waitlisted for an interview but got one. But I got into Colorado but was waitlisted just for an interview at kstate?
I’m not following. What’s the problem with their system?

Reactions: 3 users
I heard from a few people their gpa was calculated incorrectly and kstate said they had to reevaluate their applicants after it was brought to their attention

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard from a few people their gpa was calculated incorrectly and kstate said they had to reevaluate their applicants after it was brought to their attention
How do they know what Kansas state calculated their gpa as? Unless I missed an email I’m not sure that was shared with us

How do they know what Kansas state calculated their gpa as? Unless I missed an email I’m not sure that was shared with us
I think one person said it a few pages back. But that would be the exception, not the rule in this case I think.
I feel like you should reach out to the school. They would be able to give you information on why you didn’t get an interview. From what I understand you believe your GPA was also miscalculated and that’s why you didn’t get an interview, yes? They answer questions very quickly in my experience!

Happy February! I’m manifesting we hear soon!! Last year it looks like it was Feb 3 😳

Reactions: 7 users
Happy February! I’m manifesting we hear soon!! Last year it looks like it was Feb 3

Yes we found out super early last year! I got my email at 3:09 pm 2/3 :) had gotten home from work and checked my email and hit the floor!

Anyone else feeling a bit anxious?
Scared Kermit The Frog GIF

Reactions: 5 users
BROOO... not even a 'no thank you'!! I just got an email saying the cycle has ended so for those on the waitlist (including me), it's not good news :(
Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 3.42.06 PM.png

• Care
I just received an email. Placed on the alternate list.

OOS alternate! I can't believe I made it this far. The hope of it all is going to kill me these next few months.

OOS acceptance!!!! I am over the moon!! I absolutely LOVED K-State!!

• Love
Oos rejected… congrats to everyone that was accepted

• Care
OOS ACCEPTED! 🥹 I absolutely loved getting to learn more about this school at my interview! I am over the moon!!!

• Love
A very big congratulations to all those accepted!! To anyone who needs reassurance just know all you need is one yes! Be proud of all of the accomplishments that have gotten you this far and we all can’t wait to call you colleagues

Congratulations to all that have been accepted. This is a great school, faculty and town! Hope to see you in the fall!

• Care
OOS (international) acceptance!

• Love
OOS rejection, never got off the interview waitlist :(

• Care
OOS Alternate

Trying to remain hopeful as this is the school I really see myself at 💜

For all those accepted, congratulations! For my fellow alternates, we made it to here and we should be incredibly proud of that accomplishment. We are worthy and we will be great veterinarians one day!

• Care
OOS Accepted!

• Love
For those of you that are OOS alternates - my coworker got into her IS and will be declining her seat. And that's just 1 person that I know that applied to KSU. Imagine all of the others. Good luck!!

For those of you that are OOS alternates - my coworker got into her IS and will be declining her seat. And that's just 1 person that I know that applied to KSU. Imagine all of the others. Good luck!!
Thank you! There's definitely still hope!

Has anyone else still not heard anything, regarding acceptance, rejection or alternate? I have been on the waitlist for an interview since 11/23 but thats the last I have heard from them

OOS acceptance from CA. Interviewed on 1/4

Has anyone else still not heard anything, regarding acceptance, rejection or alternate? I have been on the waitlist for an interview since 11/23 but thats the last I have heard from them
I was on the interview waitlist and they sent me an email 02/03 at 3:38 PM saying that the application cycle has ended and to apply again next year.

OOS alternate, congrats to those of you who were accepted!!!!!