KCU Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think the final is over chapter 8 in Robbins as well as the micro book.

Honestly they took an entire course and decided to make it happen in 2 weeks. This is basically how we can summarize med school at KCU lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I'm pretty sure we have to know the whole micro book, but chapter 8 in Robbins covers much of the same material as the micro book, from what I've seen/heard.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly they took an entire course and decided to make it happen in 2 weeks. This is basically how we can summarize med school at KCU lol.

At least it is part of a different class for you guys. Last year it was a stand alone class and was the most remediated class in years. Summer is almost here!

Reactions: 1 user
At least it is part of a different class for you guys. Last year it was a stand alone class and was the most remediated class in years. Summer is almost here!
How did you study for it? Did you rely on powerpoints, or did you memorize the book??

Last edited:
How did you study for it? Did you rely on powerpoints, or did you memorize the book??
If you are a visual person,sketchy is your friend! Honestly even if you are not,I would still try it. I think they have a few videos you can try for free. I still remember a lot of them even a year later!

Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile

If you are a visual person,sketchy is your friend! Honestly even if you are not,I would still try it. I think they have a few videos you can try for free. I still remember a lot of them even a year later!

Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile
Would you say it's enough to do well in the course? It looks too good to be true haha

Would you say it's enough to do well in the course? It looks too good to be true haha

I used sketchy and Lippincott flash cards. Didn't open the micro book. Result: B+.
But it's a time commitment either way. I just don't learn from straight up reading a book. So sketchy saved me.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I used the ppts as an outline to read the book. The book seems like a lot, but it's a fast read. Lots of mnemonics and such. I didn't do sketchy, but if I'd known about it I would have used it with the book.

Bleh, hope the midterm went better for everyone else than it did for me.

That was tough, gunna have to get accustomed to Puthoffs questions for sure.

Hang in there! One more exam! One more exam!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app
I'm trying, haha. Just burned out right now. Just gotta do well on the quizzes and hopefully get a B on the final to pass MoD2.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think this book was meant to be read in 2 weeks..... or that Viruses and Bacteria were meant to be read in 2 and a 1/2 days....

The CIS on friday is going to be like the last one, where 50+% of the class hadn't even touched chapter 10 lol.

You can skip chapters 17-20 i believe and a good amount of the fungi because its medication focused! dont know if that helps much hahaha

You can skip chapters 17-20 i believe and a good amount of the fungi because its medication focused! dont know if that helps much hahaha

I'll keep that in mind next week lol.

I'm in the middle with 84%.

Though it'll probably be under a 4/5. I'd say a good deal of ppl probably got at least 1 wrong

I got one wrong! Not even worried about it though, the burn out is real.

No doubt. Self teaching + end of the year is not the way you want to go about doing a course. Still though that Weil-Felix thing made me rage hard. I mean good that he basically alerted us to the answer/ got half of us to pull our books out, but still....

So we officially only have 3 or 4 faculty members at this school left from before the curriculum change.

Wonder what happened to them. Sad day:(

Regardless, I look forward to them finding an embryologist who has as much experience teaching and essentially being the primary educator for nearly 2-3 classes next year.

Has anyone else kinda given up on this final? My apathy is literally overwhelming.

Reactions: 1 users
Those two/three connected question things can be really hit or miss. Can't say I'm a fan of them. Haha

Today's were...more often than not ok. But I think it's not board style so it shouldn't be used.

They can be on boards. Not as frequent as putthoff uses it, but it does happen on boards that you have joined questions.

They can be on boards. Not as frequent as putthoff uses it, but it does happen on boards that you have joined questions.

Do you think The way path was taught through second year helped you when it came to board prep?

Do you think The way path was taught through second year helped you when it came to board prep?

Yes and no.
It gave me the ability to sit and study and build stamina for the dedicated time now to study for boards, but I feel like Robbins is so dense and the path teachers (some) go for details and not necessarily high yield details that you can get lost in the weeds trying to learn for their exam instead of getting a really solid foundation in path for boards.

I would highly recommend following pathoma and annotating FA through the year to get a handle on the high yield. But do read Robbins for class so you can do well on the exams. It's a lot, but once I started doing it -- those systems sections are my highest % on q banks.