Lake Erie (LECOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary submitted. Very excited!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if it's also safe to submit the Bradenton secondary even though they haven't sent us an email invite?

go to last years thread to around page 4-5 and they have a whole hour speach on this subject haha

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't even know I wanted to become a doctor until I was already in college. I want to leave it blank since it is not a required field.

Yea can someone comment on the SAT and ACT scores and whether or not we should put down our scores? I forgot how I scored and I dont even remember when I took the exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
submitted! my first secondary for this cycle. the lecom website was sooooo slow

I would like to know this as well...

I posted this on the Bradenton thread but nobody's there, lol:

Submitted Erie secondary today and after looking at my Bradenton status it says:

"If you have not submitted your supplemental application, click the link on the left to do so. If you have, this message will update once we have processed it. Do not submit another application."

Wondering if I should wait for the email or just do it, lol. The suspense is killing me.[

If I'm not that interested in seton hill should I still list that as a second preference?

I'm kind of confused with the 1st and 2nd preference listing. I was thinking about leaving 2nd preference blank but was thinking that maybe if they don't give me an interview for my 1st preference they would prob go for my 2nd preference?

Was everyone able to find their standardized test score info?

And did you list both SAT and ACT if you took both or just whichever one you remember lol?

Was everyone able to find their standardized test score info?

And did you list both SAT and ACT if you took both or just whichever one you remember lol?

Yeah this is weird that they ask this.. and the dates too...

I did much better on my SAT. I don't even think I remember submitting my ACT scores to colleges. Should I still list it? I did a bit better on my SAT than ACT.

Do people really know the exact date of when they took the SAT/ACT?

I was able to find the date I took the SAT from old emails.

I literally can't find anything about my ACT in all of my email accounts. I'm not even positive I scored what I think I did. Should I even list it?

I have the correct info for my SAT already.

You can call the College Board and find out 866.756.7346. I think it costs $10.

Members don't see this ad :)
I posted this on the Bradenton thread but nobody's there, lol:

Submitted Erie secondary today and after looking at my Bradenton status it says:

"If you have not submitted your supplemental application, click the link on the left to do so. If you have, this message will update once we have processed it. Do not submit another application."

Wondering if I should wait for the email or just do it, lol. The suspense is killing me.[

I'm showing the same thing. Relax. WE are fine!

You can call the College Board and find out 866.756.7346. I think it costs $10.

I guess I will have to do that. I can't remember the day I took the SATs.

I just realize it not a require field so I am going to leave the date blank.

Last edited:
I got an email from Seton and Erie Campus but not from Brad. Did anyone get one from Brad yet.

Or do I just submit to Brad. without the email?

I completed the secondary today. Saw the Bradenton secondary was accessible, so I completed it today as well. Never received an email from Bradenton.

I completed the secondary today. Saw the Bradenton secondary was accessible, so I completed it today as well. Never received an email from Bradenton.

Either way it shouldn't matter. If you are eligible for the LECOM-E/SH secondary, you are eligible for the LECOM-B secondary (i.e. you meet their minimum cutoffs).

Either way it shouldn't matter. If you are eligible for the LECOM-E/SH secondary, you are eligible for the LECOM-B secondary (i.e. you meet their minimum cutoffs).
I wanted to let people know in case they were waiting for the Bradenton email to come through.

If you applied to both programs, both secondaries are available to you.

hi guys,

just wondering what my chances would be at this school. cGPA 3.1 (health issues during first 2 years of college), sGPA 3.6 (with some retakes), 23 MCAT (first take) 27 MCAT (retake): 8,9,10 (PS,VB,BS). i have volunteered at a hospital, shadowed a DO, tutored chemistry and biology at my undergrad institution for over 3 years, student mentor for incoming science majors w/ the Student Development Department, volunteered in soup kitchens feeding the homeless to name a few ECs.

hi guys,

just wondering what my chances would be at this school. cGPA 3.1 (health issues during first 2 years of college), sGPA 3.6 (with some retakes), 23 MCAT (first take) 27 MCAT (retake): 8,9,10 (PS,VB,BS). i have volunteered at a hospital, shadowed a DO, tutored chemistry and biology at my undergrad institution for over 3 years, student mentor for incoming science majors w/ the Student Development Department, volunteered in soup kitchens feeding the homeless to name a few ECs.

You're below average (pretty much just your cGPA), but good job on the MCAT retake and sGPA. Apply early (now) and broadly to other schools, and you should get in.

Really, with that sGPA and MCAT, you should have a good shot at LECOM. LECOM (and DO programs in general) seem to be relatively forgiving of the first couple years of college, provided you show a turnaround, which I feel like your app shows.

That sounds great. I am excited. Thank you for your input.

Anyone else received an email from them today?

It says that my application has been processed. It also explains how to monitor my application on the portal and view any prerequisite deficiency.

It says that my application has been processed. It also explains how to monitor my application on the portal and view any prerequisite deficiency.

i haven't received anything from them yet. my secondary was sent in last week. maybe i don't get an email b/c i don't have any prerequisite deficiency?

I received the same email.

i haven't received anything from them yet. my secondary was sent in last week. maybe i don't get an email b/c i don't have any prerequisite deficiency?

Me neither. I know this because when I check my portal it shows that every item of the requirements has been met.

Got the email this morning stating LECOM-Erie has processed my secondary.

Admissions status states my application is under review!

Last edited:
Wow i just got an email saying that I got an interview invite for july......have they ever interviewed this early before?

Wow i just got an email saying that I got an interview invite for july......have they ever interviewed this early before?

Same here, but I'll have to postpone due to waiting on letters of rec.

Pretty impressed that they worked through everything so quickly.

I'm not 100% sure, I thought it was before the interview. Anyone know ? I might shoot them an e mail to ask.

Yea i'm not 100% sure on this either....if you do get an answer could you let us know? thanks!

Interview invites for PA residents first?

When did LECOM send you the email saying your application was complete and under review?

I submitted on the first day and I still haven't received the email. ugh

Same here, submitted first day and no email and the lecom portal does not say it was processed yet.

Same here, submitted first day and no email and the lecom portal does not say it was processed yet.

i'm in the same boat. just relax guys, it's still very very early in the cycle.

Yes. They start their interviews at the end of July (~24th).

Same here, but I'll have to postpone due to waiting on letters of rec.

Pretty impressed that they worked through everything so quickly.

I wouldn't postpone unless you're expecting a big delay on the LORs. Its a big plus to be in the first batch of interviews (just being early in general). If the LORs are going to be very late, then I would only postpone it a little, or maybe talk to Amy or Jamie at LECOM about it. .

Can't you submit the rec letters after the interview?

Technically, you are required to have them in by the day of the interview (you can actually submit them in person on the same day).

That being said, some people have submitted the letters (especially the DO letter) after the interview, but they explicitly say that you should have all your letters in by the Wednesday after the interview, because that is when they review your file, and any late LOR submission could cause a delay.

Someone in the past has mentioned being rejected prior to getting all their LORs in, but they were >1 month late with submitting them, and others have indicated being accepted and waitlisted after a similar experience, so maybe LORs just aren't that big of a part of the equation.

I'm not 100% sure, I thought it was before the interview. Anyone know ? I might shoot them an e mail to ask.

They say that its required by the day of the interview, but they have stated that they could receive it later, just don't plan to have it in much later.

Last edited:
I want to interview in July :(

Do people who get these really early interviews have high stats? I'm guessing they have a pretty good chance of an acceptance if they are interviewing this early.

Yes. They start their interviews at the end of July (~24th).

I wouldn't postpone unless you're expecting a big delay on the LORs. Its a big plus to be in the first batch of interviews (just being early in general). If the LORs are going to be very late, then I would only postpone it a little, or maybe talk to Amy or Jamie at LECOM about it. .

Technically, you are required to have them in by the day of the interview (you can actually submit them in person on the same day).

That being said, some people have submitted the letters (especially the DO letter) after the interview, but they explicitly say that you should have all your letters in by the Wednesday after the interview, because that is when they review your file, and any late LOR submission could cause a delay.

Someone in the past has mentioned being rejected prior to getting all their LORs in, but they were >1 month late with submitting them, and others have indicated being accepted and waitlisted after a similar experience, so maybe LORs just aren't that big of a part of the equation.

They say that its required by the day of the interview, but they have stated that they could receive it later, just don't plan to have it in much later.

I sent them an e-mail asking to reschedule due to letters of rec so I'll see what they say, hopefully we can figure something out

Do people who get these really early interviews have high stats? I'm guessing they have a pretty good chance of an acceptance if they are interviewing this early.

LECOM interviews pretty early. I think they like to lock in people with acceptances before most other schools start even interviewing. Don't worry though, there was a guy last year with a 2.9 and 31 MCAT that got an interview I think in August (so still very early) and was accepted by Sept/Oct, so they review everyone. If you have your secondary app in already, you are ahead of the game.

Last edited:
I am totally jealous of those who received an interview invite, hope to be hearing from them soon.