LECOM Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

One more question. When did you interview?
I was scheduled to interview on 3/23, I requested them to move up after the decision day. They called me back 3 days after I sent my request email and gave me the option to interview on 1/19. Submitted my application late September.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I guess my chance is gonsos cuz I interviewed 1/5. Oh well it is what it is.

Well I guess my chance is gonsos cuz I interviewed 1/5. Oh well it is what it is.
Do not lose hope, because I interviewed on 1/19 and a month later there are few people who interviewed on 1/26 received acceptance before me.

Reactions: 1 user
Super early is June 1st and that’ll be your best bet. September is super late, and I know that because I made that same mistake last cycle.
Thank you! At least this time I know and I'll be more prepared! It always confuses me because their supplemental deadline is so much later than everyone else! Thank you!

Got an acceptance email at 9 AM today; I interviewed in early November. Declined my offer. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Declined my offer today. Good luck you guys!

Accepted today 3/3 6:30 am Pacifc Time! Interviewed 2/23.

Stats: 21AA, 22PAT, 400+ hours, work experience, research

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that interviewed on March 16th or around that time heard anything?

I cancelled my interview and it was not an easy decision. Lecom is a fantastic school so good luck to you all.

I know someone who got accepted yesterday. Not sure when she interviewed though

does anyone know if interviews are done or if more are gonna be sent out?
I interviewed with them on March 30th, and they said it was the last one of the cycle

Reactions: 2 users
Declined my offer. Good luck to everyone!

I interviewed in January and they took a while so I called them sometime last month and they basically said I didn't get in so maybe calling is not a bad idea.

Just declined my seat, hope it goes to one of y’all! Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Called LECOM dental school admission. No new update so far and they said if any they would send emails. Feel exhausted!

Just got accepted to LECOM today. My dream comes true. Good luck to everyone :love:
:love::love:

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
To those who are interested in LECOM Dental, it is a good school.
Every person is unique and has a different choice regarding which Dental Schools they like, and I'm just bringing out my honest opinion since my friend went there and I saw the college in person as well.

I don't like to be like others who overexaggerate saying it is bad due to personal or any other reasons such as app rejections.

The overall opinion I would bring about the Dental College: (Pros and Cons) Since every College (whether Medical, Dental, Pharmacy, or even other majors has its pros and cons)

Pros:
1. It is a good college, and the staff/faculty are actually very friendly. Their class time is also very flexible as to what my friend told me. Problem-Based Learning is also unique and a good style to learn as well.

2. The view outside is pretty nice (Palm Trees, It is pretty close to the beach). The view of the building is nice (everything is white). Nice auditorium class and nice clinics.

3. Friendly requirements for admissions

4. The students are very calm and professional

5. The LECOM school also has a great Master's program for those planning to improve their GPA to head toward either Medical, Dental, or Pharmacy.

Cons:
1. It is not a big building compared to other Dental Schools (don't want to mention names). I'm not saying this is the only Dental School that is small since we have other Dental Schools that are small as well.

2. The area of Bradenton, Fl has more retired people (hence, there won't be as many patients there)

3. It may be good to spend 4 years learning Dentistry there, but I would honestly recommend doing a residency program at another college just to make your resume strong, unless you plan living in Bradenton after that.

4. Bradenton/Sarasota is more a tourist area where there are many tourists that go there. There are many old people that live there. It is great for retired people since it is not crowded there. I'm saying this due to the fact that you may not get many patients. However, older people have more risks of tooth problem and of course you will see patients.

These are just my opinions.

To those who are interested in LECOM Dental, it is a good school.
Every person is unique and has a different choice regarding which Dental Schools they like, and I'm just bringing out my honest opinion since my friend went there and I saw the college in person as well.

I don't like to be like others who overexaggerate saying it is bad due to personal or any other reasons such as app rejections.

The overall opinion I would bring about the Dental College: (Pros and Cons) Since every College (whether Medical, Dental, Pharmacy, or even other majors has its pros and cons)

Pros:
1. It is a good college, and the staff/faculty are actually very friendly. Their class time is also very flexible as to what my friend told me. Problem-Based Learning is also unique and a good style to learn as well.

2. The view outside is pretty nice (Palm Trees, It is pretty close to the beach). The view of the building is nice (everything is white). Nice auditorium class and nice clinics.

3. Friendly requirements for admissions

4. The students are very calm and professional

5. The LECOM school also has a great Master's program for those planning to improve their GPA to head toward either Medical, Dental, or Pharmacy.

Cons:
1. It is not a big building compared to other Dental Schools (don't want to mention names). I'm not saying this is the only Dental School that is small since we have other Dental Schools that are small as well.

2. The area of Bradenton, Fl has more retired people (hence, there won't be as many patients there)

3. It may be good to spend 4 years learning Dentistry there, but I would honestly recommend doing a residency program at another college just to make your resume strong, unless you plan living in Bradenton after that.

4. Bradenton/Sarasota is more a tourist area where there are many tourists that go there. There are many old people that live there. It is great for retired people since it is not crowded there. I'm saying this due to the fact that you may not get many patients. However, older people have more risks of tooth problem and of course you will see patients.

These are just my opinions.
That’s why your 4th year you go to an outreach clinic in DeFuniak, Fl or Erie, Pa and work 7am- 1pm or 1pm-7pm. Also LECOM has the most clinical hours out of any dental school. You receive a hygiene patient scheduled the spring of your D1 year. So I don’t think it is necessary to do a residency unless you really want to or you live in NY.

I have applied to LECOM for 3 years in a row and never even get an interview. My stats aren't crazy high but I've seen people with worse stats get interviews & acceptances so what gives?? Is LECOM just notorious for ghosting??

I have applied to LECOM for 3 years in a row and never even get an interview. My stats aren't crazy high but I've seen people with worse stats get interviews & acceptances so what gives?? Is LECOM just notorious for ghosting??
it's not always about the stats...

it's not always about the stats...
Yes, I am fully aware of that. I have a well-rounded application outside of my stats. My question posed was whether it is common for LECOM to take longer to update applicants and if it is normal for them to ghost applicants...