LECOM Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Anyone get an acceptance recently?

Members don't see this ad.

I have not heard anything back from LECOM about an interview. My LECOM Portal just says "the review process will begin on your file." Is it safe to assume they have interviewed everyone for this cycle or is there still a chance?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone get an acceptance recently?
I was accepted on Wednesday 2/1/23. The deadline for deposit is 2/15/23, so the next round of acceptances will probably go out around then.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted on Wednesday 2/1/23. The deadline for deposit is 2/15/23, so the next round of acceptances will probably go out around then.
I thought the deadline to submit apps was in March? I think I am confused on LECOM's app time table. When does their app open and when is their app deadline?

I thought the deadline to submit apps was in March? I think I am confused on LECOM's app time table. When does their app open and when is their app deadline?
The deadline for all schools, including LECOM, has passed. But for the supplemental app for LECOM, the deadline is March 31st.

Just out of curiosity, how much is the initial deposit to keep your seat?

If you're an incoming student be sure to join the Facebook group!

The deadline for all schools, including LECOM, has passed. But for the supplemental app for LECOM, the deadline is March 31st.
March 31st as in March 31st 2023? Just making sure I am understanding their time-line because it is different from most other schools. So in other words, if I applied/submitted my supplemental app to them way back in October 2022, I could still potentially hear back from them for an interview for this cycle/upcoming class matriculation because their supplemental deadline has not even approached?

March 31st as in March 31st 2023? Just making sure I am understanding their time-line because it is different from most other schools. So in other words, if I applied/submitted my supplemental app to them way back in October 2022, I could still potentially hear back from them for an interview for this cycle/upcoming class matriculation because their supplemental deadline has not even approached?
Yeah possibly. I have a friend D4 in LECOM who got an interview in late March and got accepted 2 weeks later.

Hello, just wondering what this email has entailed for many of you all and how long after you received the email did you hear back from the school? I am debating on writing a letter of interest because LECOM is my top school.
The Office of Admissions at LECOM Bradenton has processed your supplemental application and the review process of your file has begun. You can monitor the status of your application by logging on to the LECOM Candidate Portal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah possibly. I have a friend D4 in LECOM who got an interview in late March and got accepted 2 weeks later.
Oh awesome! That is reassuring then! They are still reviewing my file, and I sent them a Letter Of Intent email and they responded stating they added that to my file as well. So fingers crossed I still land an interview with LECOM!

I have an interview tomorrow morning, anyone have any advice or anything that would be helpful to know? I've been doing as much as I can to prepare for it, but it will be my first time doing a group interview

I have an interview tomorrow morning, anyone have any advice or anything that would be helpful to know? I've been doing as much as I can to prepare for it, but it will be my first time doing a group interview
Congrats!! How exciting!! Just remember to be yourself, remain calm, don't let the anxiety jitters get in the way, and give genuine responses - they can tell when someone is giving the "researched/rehearsed" answers they have heard a million times before from every other interviewee! GOOD LUCK! YOU GOT THIS!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! How exciting!! Just remember to be yourself, remain calm, don't let the anxiety jitters get in the way, and give genuine responses - they can tell when someone is giving the "researched/rehearsed" answers they have heard a million times before from every other interviewee! GOOD LUCK! YOU GOT THIS!!
Thank you so much!! I took it about an hour ago, I don't know what they were thinking about it, but I feel like it went decent (hard to tell in a group interview). Thank so much for the advice and encouragement!!

• Care
Thank you so much!! I took it about an hour ago, I don't know what they were thinking about it, but I feel like it went decent (hard to tell in a group interview). Thank so much for the advice and encouragement!!
I felt the same way. It is SO HARD to tell how you did in a group setting like that.

Got an acceptance email yesterday. Offer expires the 23rd

Reactions: 3 users
Oh awesome! That is reassuring then! They are still reviewing my file, and I sent them a Letter Of Intent email and they responded stating they added that to my file as well. So fingers crossed I still land an interview with LECOM!
Hi who did you send your letter of intent to?

Did anyone just get this email from lecom just now, im so confused since i applied in august and just got this now 😢. What should i do, any advice is welcome. Thank you!

The Office of Admissions at LECOM Bradenton has processed your supplemental application and the review process of your file has begun. You can monitor the status of your application by logging on to the LECOM Candidate Portal.

You can access the portal by going to LECOM Candidate Portal. (If you are not following the link in this e-mail to the web portal, the address is: portal.lecom.edu)

Please note, your password is case sensitive; you must use capital letters if shown.

Prerequisite course deficiencies will be indicated on the Admissions Tab under "Required Courses and Letters". Click "View Folder Items" on the right side of the screen. Required letters and credits will be updated when an invite to interview has been offered. PLEASE BE PATIENT - THESE DOCUMENTS MUST BE CHECKED IN MANUALLY AND THIS MAY TAKE A FEW WEEKS.

Prerequisite course deficiencies will be indicated on the portal for the following reasons:

1. Prerequisite course not taken.

2. Planned courses will be listed as deficiencies until we receive a transcript indicating that course grade.

3. Any prerequisite course or lab with a grade of C- will be listed as deficient and must be completed by the end of the spring semester.

4. Biology, Chemistry and Organic Chemistry must have a lab associated with the lecture course.

5. Offical DAT Score received through AADSAS.If you have any questions, please e-mail [email protected].

Thank you.
LECOM Bradenton Office of Admissions

• Haha
Did anyone just get this email from lecom just now, im so confused since i applied in august and just got this now 😢. What should i do, any advice is welcome. Thank you!

You can access the portal by going to LECOM Candidate Portal. (If you are not following the link in this e-mail to the web portal, the address is: portal.lecom.edu)

Please note, your password is case sensitive; you must use capital letters if shown.

Prerequisite course deficiencies will be indicated on the Admissions Tab under "Required Courses and Letters". Click "View Folder Items" on the right side of the screen. Required letters and credits will be updated when an invite to interview has been offered. PLEASE BE PATIENT - THESE DOCUMENTS MUST BE CHECKED IN MANUALLY AND THIS MAY TAKE A FEW WEEKS.

Prerequisite course deficiencies will be indicated on the portal for the following reasons:

2. Planned courses will be listed as deficiencies until we receive a transcript indicating that course grade.

3. Any prerequisite course or lab with a grade of C- will be listed as deficient and must be completed by the end of the spring semester.

4. Biology, Chemistry and Organic Chemistry must have a lab associated with the lecture course.

5. Offical DAT Score received through AADSAS.If you have any questions, please e-mail [email protected].

Thank you.
Did you get interview? I interviewed on 1/19 and just received same email.

• Haha
Did anyone just get this email from lecom just now, im so confused since i applied in august and just got this now . What should i do, any advice is welcome. Thank you!

Thank you.

I got accepted and I received this email as well lol it’s probably a mistake

Did anyone who interviewed notice their status change from invited for interview to none?

any advice for the interview? this is my first group interview so a little nervous!
From what I've heard and experienced in my mock interview at LECOM's pre-dental day:
-Don't be the first OR last to speak each time (always first makes you seem overly cocky/selfish in a way and last to speak makes you seem unconfident)
-Prepare for the unexpected, random questions (they ask questions like your favorite book and why, etc. Def review the interview questions)
-Don't be afraid to talk yourself up a little, but don't overdo it. It's not a competition, but more a test of how you interact with your peers.

When is the best time to submit your application for LECOM to be considered as early an applicant as possible? I submitted mine in September and thought that was super early, but I am going to try to shoot for as close to June 1st as possible this next application cycle - if their supplemental application is ready by then!

received offer as of 11am est! sent letter of intent

When is the best time to submit your application for LECOM to be considered as early an applicant as possible? I submitted mine in September and thought that was super early, but I am going to try to shoot for as close to June 1st as possible this next application cycle - if their supplemental application is ready by then!
Super early is June 1st and that’ll be your best bet. September is super late, and I know that because I made that same mistake last cycle.