You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LECOM Erie Discussion Thread 2011-2012
Started by ShyRem
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
congratz Earthtonejon! Getting that first interview is a pretty good feeling🙂
When were you complete at LECOM?
When were you complete at LECOM?
Thank you! LECOM processed my application this morning at 11:00 AM, and I got the invitation 4 hours later!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! LECOM processed my application this morning at 11:00 AM, and I got the invitation 4 hours later!
Omg so jealous they processed mine at that time today too! Do you mind if I ask your stats?
Sure thing. 3.98 cumulative, 3.97 science, 25 P. 21 years old, out of state (CT). 2 years working in healthcare, medical director, volunteer through church / school / local parks.
Sure thing. 3.98 cumulative, 3.97 science, 25 P. 21 years old, out of state (CT). 2 years working in healthcare, medical director, volunteer through church / school / local parks.
Thanks! Awesome GPA btw 🙂 I'll just keep my fingers crossed that I'll hear some good news soon

Interview! 2/9
This is my first interview invitation. After all of that studying and applying, it is the first time a medical school has acknowledged me, and man it's exciting. Trying to play it cool, failing a little.
Hope you guys hear back soon!
CONGRATS!!! I know the feeling... You're totally allowed to celebrate! All you need is one great interview to be accepted 🙂 If you have any questions, let me know. We have similar stats and I got in two weeks ago
My status has been changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" since 11/22 (11/18 interview). I'm going to assume its a rejection/waitlist at this point because I have to consider my 12/2 deadline to accept my spot at Bradenton. I really like both schools but Erie is a lot closer to home than Florida. Oh well. Off to Bradenton!
Really quick status change and they said the committee wasn't meeting until the following Wednesday 11/23.
My status has been changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" since 11/22 (11/18 interview). I'm going to assume its a rejection/waitlist at this point...
My status was recently changed to that, too, but I haven't had my interview yet. I guess the only "decision" they could have come to is to waitlist me, since they would not accept me without an interview, and would not reject me immediately after extending the interview invitation. Right?
Really quick status change and they said the committee wasn't meeting until the following Wednesday 11/23.
I also interviewed on 11/18 but I didn't get around to checking the portal until the evening of 11/23. My status was already changed to the "decision has been made" status as well, so who knows when it was changed.
Hoping the letter arrives soon...I know Thanksgiving probably slowed everything down by a few days, but I'm getting way too jittery.
My application is currently being reviewed as I got the "secondary is being processed" email yesterday. I hope they give me a chance!
My application is currently being reviewed as I got the "secondary is being processed" email yesterday. I hope they give me a chance!
same! i'll cross my fingers for the both of us


Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you even use Google? Sorry, I try not to be harsh, but really?
Yes, it's a real school. Yes, it is a medical school. Yes, real people go there. Yes, there is a branch in FL (maybe this threw you off?) And yes, people really do become Drs from there.
Yes, it's a real school. Yes, it is a medical school. Yes, real people go there. Yes, there is a branch in FL (maybe this threw you off?) And yes, people really do become Drs from there.
Could anybody shed some light on Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine? Is it a real school?
You could use Google to see if they have classrooms.
Could anybody shed some light on Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine? Is it a real school?
See my avatar. That's what I did when I read this question.
My status has been changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days" since 11/22 (11/18 interview). I'm going to assume its a rejection/waitlist at this point because I have to consider my 12/2 deadline to accept my spot at Bradenton. I really like both schools but Erie is a lot closer to home than Florida. Oh well. Off to Bradenton!
If you really prefer Erie, and you're accepted after you send money Bradenton, they'll switch it... I'm hoping to switch TO Bradenton... I would like to live in a warm climate for a few years...
TRRRROOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL in the dungeon!!!!!!!!!!
Or rather the starter of this thread... the OP posted this same thing in a bunch of forums...
Or rather the starter of this thread... the OP posted this same thing in a bunch of forums...
Okay I didn't know you can transfer acceptance fees. Lol so I want your spot in Erie and you want my spot at Bradenton? If only we can trade seats. Oh well regardless, I have already sent my deposit and it looks as if I will be taking my talents to Siesta Key Beach.
That's nothing. How's this for targeted advertising... I'd have been much more impressed.
![]()
That was the point of the post...
I am still under the review status for over 2 months...is this usual for most of people at this phase of the application process?
That was the point of the post...
Well, obviously. Mine was meant sarcastically.
interviewed 11/11, isp c/o 2016....
congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's nothing. How's this for targeted advertising... I'd have been much more impressed.
Loudster, I am RTFL! I hope it's a real school because they took my tuition money and I've been going there every day since the end of July!
Congrats. Did your status at the portal change over to "a decision has been made about your application..." before you officially receive the letter? If so, how long from the time of portal change to the time you received the letter?Interviewed 11/11, ISP c/o 2016....
I wonder if they have to update our status on the portal before they send the letter, or can they forget to update our status and still send the letter.
That's what your portal will say regardless of the decision... Mine said that as well...
hmm
Now I get it... merged threads!
Helen, maybe its like the Matrix and you just THINK you go to school there!
Now I get it... merged threads!
Helen, maybe its like the Matrix and you just THINK you go to school there!
Last edited:
Accepted LDP, kicking myself for not selecting PBL as top choice.
I think I got rejected...my status changed to "The adcom has made a decision on your file. You will get a letter in the mail within 30 days."
Great, that was a loss of $50!
Great, that was a loss of $50!
I think I got rejected...my status changed to "The adcom has made a decision on your file. You will get a letter in the mail within 30 days."
Great, that was a loss of $50!
Don't give up hope yet. Is that how that's supposed to work? The portal tells you (a) you have an interview or (b) you will receive a letter?
I think I got rejected...my status changed to "The adcom has made a decision on your file. You will get a letter in the mail within 30 days."
Great, that was a loss of $50!
That's exactly what it's supposed to say. I was accepted (well, to Bradenton so maybe it's different) and I got a letter in the mail a couple days after my status change. It was thick, so I knew it wasn't a rejection 😉
Best of luck!
That's exactly what it's supposed to say. I was accepted (well, to Bradenton so maybe it's different) and I got a letter in the mail a couple days after my status change. It was thick, so I knew it wasn't a rejection 😉
Best of luck!
Is this a letter that told you that you received an II or that you received an acceptance after your interview?
Is this a letter that told you that you received an II or that you received an acceptance after your interview?
Oh, I didn't read far enough up this thread apparently.
That's what mine said after I had my interview. I got the interview invite as an email.Oh, I didn't read far enough up this thread apparently.That's what mine said after I had my interview. I got the interview invite as an email.
Okay that's what I figured 🙂 Just want to know what to expect when my time comes.....congrats on that acceptance btw 👍
How much loan to take on for med school?
Depends on whether the school is real or not, with real schools tending to cost a bit more on average. 😉
Is this a real question? If so, med schools is going to be a couple hundred thousand, depending on where you go and how much you personally decide to take of your loans as well as if you can get scholarships/funding from other sources.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted LDP!! Received the letter in the mail today. Letter was dated 11/22. Interview 11/18. First acceptance, I am SO excited!
congrats! 🙂 very jealous! mind if i ask your stats?
Accepted LDP!! Received the letter in the mail today. Letter was dated 11/22. Interview 11/18. First acceptance, I am SO excited!
Congrats. Would you kindly share with us your gpa and mcat?
congrats! 🙂 very jealous! mind if i ask your stats?
Congrats. Would you kindly share with us your gpa and mcat?
Of course! sGPA 3.86 cGPA 3.89 28N lots of volunteering and leadership, no research (yikes!). And my timeline:
Secondary received and submitted: 8/25
Complete: 8/31
Interview invite: 9/01
Interview: 11/18
Acceptance notice: 11/22
Of course! sGPA 3.86 cGPA 3.89 28N lots of volunteering and leadership, no research (yikes!). And my timeline:
Secondary received and submitted: 8/25
Complete: 8/31
Interview invite: 9/01
Interview: 11/18
Acceptance notice: 11/22
Got the letter today too with the date listed as "11/22". By the way those are freakishly similar dates as my LECOM-E timeline.
Something weird, both Lecom Erie and Bradenton have the same requirements yet I still need 3 hours of behavioral sciences according to Bradenton but Erie says I have all the requirements. Not sure what to do about that.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 226K
- Replies
- 161
- Views
- 42K
- Replies
- 540
- Views
- 144K
- Replies
- 79
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 157
- Views
- 29K