You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LECOM Erie Discussion Thread 2011-2012
Started by ShyRem
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
deleted
Last edited:
deleted
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-interview, I doubt they would send the rejection letter in the mail. Regarding interview invites, I don't think they send those by mail. I got my interview invite via email (and nothing in the mail).
Good luck, yo'
I'm a re-applicant (hoping for better luck this year!) and my pre-interview rejection was in the mail last year. That doesn't mean that's the only thing that's given to you in the mail, but I know that's how they do it 🙁
If your status changes to 'a decision has been made....' BEFORE you interview, it IS a rejection... I've said this before... Sorry 🙁
If your status changes to 'a decision has been made....' BEFORE you interview, it IS a rejection... I've said this before... Sorry 🙁
No kidding? My status changed to this the same day I got an interview invite. Why on earth would they invite me to an interview, and simultaneously reject me? 😕
Seriously disappointed...
No kidding? My status changed to this the same day I got an interview invite. Why on earth would they invite me to an interview, and simultaneously reject me? 😕
Seriously disappointed...
So you're saying you got a letter that gave you an II? Or did you get an II email at the same time your portal changed to this?
So you're saying you got a letter that gave you an II? Or did you get an II email at the same time your portal changed to this?
I received the completion e-mail, then 4 hours later, an interview invite via e-mail, and when I checked the portal 5 minutes later, the status had changed. So this was all via e-mail / LECOM portal, all within 4 hours. My admission status says:
"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days."
If this is really a rejection letter, does anybody else find that ridiculously cruel?
I received the completion e-mail, then 4 hours later, an interview invite via e-mail, and when I checked the portal 5 minutes later, the status had changed. So this was all via e-mail / LECOM portal, all within 4 hours. My admission status says:
"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days."
If this is really a rejection letter, does anybody else find that ridiculously cruel?
Hahaha well you obviously have an interview invite because you got the email 🙂 As far as the portal goes though, maybe the difference is the amount of days it states: a rejection one says that you will receive a letter within 30 days and yours says 10 days. So maybe that's a good trick when it comes to reading portal updates? Who knows though. Just an observation!
I sure hope so!
I sure hope so!
I'm sure that's the way it is. You wouldn't have gotten an interview invite email by accident! 🙂
My status changed to "you have an interview invite" not "we've made a decision" when I had an II... Earthtonejon, you could call them... Because that's weird!
I have been complete and my portal status has said "your applicaiton is under review" since early September. Should I still be hopefull of an interview or is a rejection what it is looking like?
ps. I applied to both Bradenton and Erie and Brandenton was pretty quick to change the status to "a decision has been made...recieve a letter within 30 days" (a rejection) so I am just a little curious as to how I should view the fact that I'm still under review.
no news=good news?
ps. I applied to both Bradenton and Erie and Brandenton was pretty quick to change the status to "a decision has been made...recieve a letter within 30 days" (a rejection) so I am just a little curious as to how I should view the fact that I'm still under review.
no news=good news?
I have been complete and my portal status has said "your applicaiton is under review" since early September. Should I still be hopefull of an interview or is a rejection what it is looking like?
ps. I applied to both Bradenton and Erie and Brandenton was pretty quick to change the status to "a decision has been made...recieve a letter within 30 days" (a rejection) so I am just a little curious as to how I should view the fact that I'm still under review.
no news=good news?
No news = good news is what I like to always tell myself 🙂 Maybe a delayed response is their way of putting someone "on hold" the way other schools do. As far as I know, I haven't heard of anyone having an official "on hold" status from LECOM (on hold meaning they'll review your file again in a few months after they see what the rest of the applicants are like). But this is just me speculating....who actually knows how they do things! Your application must not be that bad to them, because some people get rejections pretty quickly (took me all of 1 week to get a rejection from them last year). Hope the insight helps - good luck to you! 👍
Hi! I'm new to this forum but have been interested in LECOM for a few years. I am a non-traditional (i.e. old) woman looking for a fulfilling career now that my kids are grown and gone. I have always been interested in science and medicine and am a graduate of an ivy league school with a major in nutritional sciences. My GPA is 3.95, but I have not taken the MCAT. I also have never shadowed a doctor (but, unfortunately, have been a patient far too many times). I have looked at information regarding osteopathic versus allopathic medicine, but I'd love to hear views of applicants who have chosen the osteopathic route about why they chose it. I would also like to hear views on my particular life and academic situation as to whether anyone thinks it's a good idea and on the different pathways. Congratulations to those of you who have already been accepted and best of luck to those still waiting. For those who have been rejected, don't give up on your dreams!. Any input on above questions would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My status changed to "you have an interview invite" not "we've made a decision" when I had an II... Earthtonejon, you could call them... Because that's weird!
I took your advice and called. They said, as far as their records say, no decision has been made. Weird.
I took your advice and called. They said, as far as their records say, no decision has been made. Weird.
Wtf?? The only thing I can think of is that they meant to put that as a status for someone else and accidentally put it on yours at first. Talk out playing with your emotions!
I took your advice and called. They said, as far as their records say, no decision has been made. Weird.
Prepare for the worst but hope for the best... do not assume anything until you have that letter from the admissions committee in your hand. And remember, that even if you don't get in, the interview will give you experience. (thats what I did when I was rejected last year). Keep your head up!
I took your advice and called. They said, as far as their records say, no decision has been made. Weird.
Well, if it's any consolation, I was told yesterday by KCUMB that I should NOT have been rejected in Aug and can now complete the secondary! I guess chalk it up to **** happens...
Hey everyone,
I'm new to the forum and I just received an interview for January. I'm really hoping to go to Seton Hill and follow the PBL style of learning. My interview is being held at Seton Hill, and I just wanted to know if anyone else interviewed there/how the interview went. I'm getting really nervous about a group interview and making sure that I still leave a great impression. LECOM is my number one choice school, and I really hope I can get in!
I'm new to the forum and I just received an interview for January. I'm really hoping to go to Seton Hill and follow the PBL style of learning. My interview is being held at Seton Hill, and I just wanted to know if anyone else interviewed there/how the interview went. I'm getting really nervous about a group interview and making sure that I still leave a great impression. LECOM is my number one choice school, and I really hope I can get in!

So I am trying to book a flight to Erie but I have this fear of getting on one of those propeller planes. I don't really know why. I've heard the ride is really rough.
I was wondering.. and I have been looking all over for a specific answer to this question and havent found it yet.
So, my status right now on the portal is "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."
Is there ANOTHER status change when my file is being REVIEWED or is this it?
Sorry guys, I've looked all over and cant find direct clear answers.
So, my status right now on the portal is "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."
Is there ANOTHER status change when my file is being REVIEWED or is this it?
Sorry guys, I've looked all over and cant find direct clear answers.
Last edited:
Hey, does anyone know where i can find the most recent (I would like the 2011), comprehensive match list for LECOM. On their website they only have 2007 and the one they gave out during the interview is kind of vague- basically gives either the hospitals or specialty but never both together.
Also any 3rd or 4th year LECOM-E students reading this thread can you PM me as I have some questions about clinical rotations.
Thanks
Also any 3rd or 4th year LECOM-E students reading this thread can you PM me as I have some questions about clinical rotations.
Thanks
Hey, does anyone know where i can find the most recent (I would like the 2011), comprehensive match list for LECOM. On their website they only have 2007 and the one they gave out during the interview is kind of vague- basically gives either the hospitals or specialty but never both together.
Also any 3rd or 4th year LECOM-E students reading this thread can you PM me as I have some questions about clinical rotations.
Thanks
It was posted in another forum... here is the link - look about halfway down the page
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=806106&page=6&highlight=match+list
Last edited:
It was posted in another forum... here is the link - look about halfway down the page
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=806106&page=6&highlight=match+list
thanks !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering.. and I have been looking all over for a specific answer to this question and havent found it yet.
So, my status right now on the portal is "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."
Is there ANOTHER status change when my file is being REVIEWED or is this it?
Sorry guys, I've looked all over and cant find direct clear answers.
Yes, it will change to "Your application is under review"
Thanks so much! It just changed today... fingers crossed that I get an interview.
I also have another question for those who have been accepted/interviewed: Do they ask for a transcript of your fall semester grades? I read somewhere that someone got asked to send them a copy of their unofficial transcripts for fall.. for whatever reason.
Any ideas? I ask because I dropped a class halfway through the semester because 1) i took too many credits this sem and 2) I didnt think they would see it until after I retook it :/
I also have another question for those who have been accepted/interviewed: Do they ask for a transcript of your fall semester grades? I read somewhere that someone got asked to send them a copy of their unofficial transcripts for fall.. for whatever reason.
Any ideas? I ask because I dropped a class halfway through the semester because 1) i took too many credits this sem and 2) I didnt think they would see it until after I retook it :/
Thanks so much! It just changed today... fingers crossed that I get an interview.
I also have another question for those who have been accepted/interviewed: Do they ask for a transcript of your fall semester grades? I read somewhere that someone got asked to send them a copy of their unofficial transcripts for fall.. for whatever reason.
Any ideas? I ask because I dropped a class halfway through the semester because 1) i took too many credits this sem and 2) I didnt think they would see it until after I retook it :/
In my opinion, I think they'll only ask for those things if they are on the fence about whether or not they want to offer you an interview. I've had some schools ask me for my first quarter grades (I work on a quarter system rather than a semester system), while others don't really seem to care. Hope that helps! Good luck 👍 (I'm waiting too! Been under review for 2 weeks now 🙁)
Anyone else interviewing on January 17th at Seton Hill? Also, how filled is the class at this point? I just hope I'm not interviewing for the waitlist.
I'm interviewing then also. How do we find out how full the class is?
I'm interviewing then also. How do we find out how full the class is?
I'm a second year at Seton Hill.... I would say they are definitely not full.... Of course I don't that for sure, but the last two years they have accepted people who interviewed in March and perhaps even April... As everyone says on here, there are of course less seats available than there were in August and September, but there are definitely still seats.
Don't be too worried about the interview... They wouldn't have invited you if they didn't like your application on paper... Just dress appropriately, act appropriate, know why you want to be a physician, why you want to be a DO, your strengths and weaknesses and be confident in yourself.
Got my acceptance in the mail Saturday, had a 12/2 interview. Pretty amazing to see that first acceptance. Best of luck to everyone still in the process, keep your heads up!
Got my acceptance in the mail Saturday, had a 12/2 interview. Pretty amazing to see that first acceptance. Best of luck to everyone still in the process, keep your heads up!
Congrats!! That's gotta feel good 🙂 Mind if I ask stats? I really want to get a feel for my chances...
Absolutely. 29 mcat. 3.5 c gpa. 3.3 s gpa.
I would like to know what a typical week is like for the ISP pathway. How often do you have to be on campus and what are the days?
For the first 12 or 13 weeks, you are on campus, in class every day doing anatomy, histology, embryology, OPP (LECOM's OMM/OMT class). It's not all day every day, but you're usually in lecture from 8 a.m. to noon, then maybe a lecture or lab in the afternoon.
Once anatomy ends and you start ISP, you are on campus a minimum of twice a week (Weds for OPP lecture, Thurs for OPP lab). We have one or two meetings per week for the current module, sometimes no meetings at all. Exams are typically Monday mornings, although the last one was on Friday and we have one tomorrow as well.
I prefer to study at the coffee shop or at home and rarely use the library, unless I'm already on campus for something else. Some people meet with their groups on campus to go over things, others do it off campus or don't physically meet at all.
I strongly advise choosing ISP/DSP if you are able to pick up concepts without them being handed to you. Not everyone learns this way, though, so be sure you are picking the right path.
Absolutely. 29 mcat. 3.5 c gpa. 3.3 s gpa.
thanks 🙂 your stats are tad better than mine but not far off at all, so it gives me hope!! ahhhh i'm just not patient at all
congrats!I was accepted with a 26Q, overall 3.18c/s, and PB work of 3.83c and 3.91sthanks 🙂 your stats are tad better than mine but not far off at all, so it gives me hope!! ahhhh i'm just not patient at allcongrats!
I can say I was complete very early. I tried to have all my stuff in to all my schools in July/Aug... I interviewed in Oct, heard a couple weeks later...Thanks for sharing 🙂 I have a 27P (10PS/8VR/9BS) with a 3.3c/3.2s - i know my GPA is on the lower side but I'm currently finishing up my Masters right now to try and bring it up. Hopefully they give me a shot....I know IIs are being handed out for Febuary right now so I'm hoping I'm not too late here 🙁![]()
I can say I was complete very early. I tried to have all my stuff in to all my schools in July/Aug... I interviewed in Oct, heard a couple weeks later...
Yeah I was hoping to be done with things early but had to retake my MCAT in September so it definitely slowed things down a lot for me. Ah well, I'm still going to sit here hopeful

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Canceled Jan. 6 interview tonight. Good luck.
That's good news for me 😛 Congrats on CCOM btw! I'm getting my masters here right now - it's an awesome place you'll like it here!
Canceled Jan. 6 interview tonight. Good luck.
That's good news for me 😛 Congrats on CCOM btw! I'm getting my masters here right now - it's an awesome place you'll like it here!
That's good news for me 😛 Congrats on CCOM btw! I'm getting my masters here right now - it's an awesome place you'll like it here!
Thanks. I'm really excited about it.
Thanks that was def a relief to hear!!I'm a second year at Seton Hill.... I would say they are definitely not full.... Of course I don't that for sure, but the last two years they have accepted people who interviewed in March and perhaps even April... As everyone says on here, there are of course less seats available than there were in August and September, but there are definitely still seats.
Don't be too worried about the interview... They wouldn't have invited you if they didn't like your application on paper... Just dress appropriately, act appropriate, know why you want to be a physician, why you want to be a DO, your strengths and weaknesses and be confident in yourself.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 226K
- Replies
- 161
- Views
- 42K
- Replies
- 540
- Views
- 144K
- Replies
- 79
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 157
- Views
- 29K