This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a question. I've heard in other forums that a master's degree will not impact your undergrad GPA. Do you all know if this program will impact and add to your undergraduate GPA when applying to medical school. I'm trying to decide whether I should apply to LECOM post bacc or masters.. Thanks for your help!
Apply to the Post-bacc first. I know people in previous classes that have done the masters if the Post-Bacc year doesn't go how you want it to. As for GPA, the only thing that matters to LECOM is how you perform in the Post-Bacc program so if you meet their standards and act professional there is a very high chance you get in.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I have two questions regarding Health Sciences post bacc program:
(1) Does the letter of recommendation need to be specifically typed by my science professor to LECOM or I can send generic medical school committee letter which includes my science professor letter too in interfolio to LECOM?
(2) My MCAT score won't be out until July 17. Is that too late to submit my score? I heard people getting acceptances through the first week of September. I didn't take SAT, so I am not going to use AIS thingy.
Thank you!
If you applied through AACOMAS, then they will pull your letters from there for your Post-Bacc application and you won't have to send anything else in, but I think if you send both to LECOM you should be ok. And I don't think it would be too late to apply in July, I know people in this year's class that didn't get their acceptance letters until late August.

Hey guys! I applied to the D.O. program a little bit late this cycle as I am currently in the pharmacy program and have decided to switch out. Because of this, I fear I probably won't be accepted in for the fall but I know I still have time to apply into post-bacc to keep up with education and get an interview for next year. My stats are cGPA: 3.80, sGPA: 3.71, AIS: 119. Think I have a decent chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, another word of advice, make Maricely's life easy. She is the administrative coordinator for the program and is responsible for day to day things. Be nice, and you guys will get a lot more respect from faculty than my class did.

Also, another word of advice, make Maricely's life easy. She is the administrative coordinator for the program and is responsible for day to day things. Be nice, and you guys will get a lot more respect from faculty than my class did.

Hey I'm applying currently for the post bacc. I just had a question regarding the pathways I was reading about. Do you guys get to choose and if so what pathway did you choose to do? I heard DSP is the best but I can't find much more information.

Hey I'm applying currently for the post bacc. I just had a question regarding the pathways I was reading about. Do you guys get to choose and if so what pathway did you choose to do? I heard DSP is the best but I can't find much more information.
You don't exactly get to choose, I know people that applied for PBL and DSP, but still got put into LDP. Do as well as you can in the first semester and you have a better chance at the more preferred pathways like DSP and PBL. However, if you do not get the pathway you want the first time, you can always try and talk to the director of whatever pathway you want. The biggest piece of advice though, don't worry about pathways until the spring. Do the best you can and the fall and try to put yourself in a good position GPA wise.

And I went with DSP.

I just applied today, however I can't send my DAT scores until June, I guess in the mean time Ill send the transcript and recommendation letter, Do you guys think June is too late? I am really interested in the program. sorry if I didn't do a lot of research but honestly I didn't read anywhere where is says to send transcripts, do we send transcripts or just more like the scores for MCAT, DAT and so on? thanks in advance.

I just applied today, however I can't send my DAT scores until June, I guess in the mean time Ill send the transcript and recommendation letter, Do you guys think June is too late? I am really interested in the program. sorry if I didn't do a lot of research but honestly I didn't read anywhere where is says to send transcripts, do we send transcripts or just more like the scores for MCAT, DAT and so on? thanks in advance.

I sent in my application but they won't get my DAT scores until end of May or early June and Jaime didn't seem to think that would be a problem. When are you taking the DAT? This is the address that the application says to send the transcripts to:

Recommendations and official transcripts should be mailed to:
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
Office of Admissions
1858 West Grandview Blvd
Erie, PA 16509-1025

Last edited:
my status changed to under review today !! anyone else's ? how long typically after under review did you hear back weather you got in or not? I just requested official transcripts to be sent to them, also I won't send my DAT until end of May or sometime in June.. kind of nervous if its too late, I want to make sure when I take the DAT to get a least a 20 score.

Hi,
I had a quick question for everyone. I am super anxious about receiving my admissions decision for the LECOM post bacc (pre-dental track). I submitted my application on wednesday 3/14/18 and literally when i checked the portal the next day (just happen to check and be curious) my admissions status had been changed to " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." After e-mailing Mr. Murphy (a sad excuse to get some sort of hint on my decision), he stated that my admissions decision letter would be at my house within the week.

I mean do you guys think it is a good sign to have a decision made so quickly? I think i may be just freaking myself out, but wanted to know opinions. The status changed even before I even entered my coursework in the "Grade Entry" section, which I did immediately after I saw it on thursday. I think I am just worried about them rejecting me asap, rather than accepting me.

my stats are: sGPA- 3.017
cGPA - 3.200
DAT - 18

What do you think? Do I have a good chance of being accepted??

Members don't see this ad :)
you got this my decision was made that fast also and i got in

I hope so bud! I am frantically checking my mailbox everyday waiting for the admissions letter to come in the mail. What were your stat if you don't mind me asking? I'm super anxious/nervous because I applied to this program last year and was rejected. My GPA and DAT scores went up since then, so hopefully that changed my fate this time around! I'll keep you guys posted, fingers crossed!

I hope so bud! I am frantically checking my mailbox everyday waiting for the admissions letter to come in the mail. What were your stat if you don't mind me asking? I'm super anxious/nervous because I applied to this program last year and was rejected. My GPA and DAT scores went up since then, so hopefully that changed my fate this time around! I'll keep you guys posted, fingers crossed!
MCAT 499 SGPA 2.97 but i think they still go by the old AACOMAS one so it was a 3.2 (that was with grade forgiveness) and a CGPA IS 3.3

Hey was wondering if I should apply to this program with these stats: cGPA: 3.21; sGPA: 2.71; AIS: 112. I'm planning on taking the MCAT in May, but thought I should probably apply earlier without the MCAT score. Let me know what you think!

MCAT 499 SGPA 2.97 but i think they still go by the old AACOMAS one so it was a 3.2 (that was with grade forgiveness) and a CGPA IS 3.3

Thanks for sharing man! I have very similar stats. Hopefully I will know either tomorrow or Friday. Idk if I can go through the weekend in anticipation lol.

Does anyone have an idea of the number of students the LECOM Post Bacc program takes within each track (i.e. Medical vs. Dental vs. Pharmacy Post Bacc)? I am just curious because as I'm reading more and more on the website, it seems like the medical PB students and the dental PB have the same curriculum and classes? However its different for the pharm PB students? Does that mean the PB program accepts a larger number of pharm students? Like does being on the medical/dental track put you at a disadvantage of being accepted compared to the pharm PB track? or are the number of students on each track proportional?

I hope that this post makes sense...lol

Hey was wondering if I should apply to this program with these stats: cGPA: 3.21; sGPA: 2.71; AIS: 112. I'm planning on taking the MCAT in May, but thought I should probably apply earlier without the MCAT score. Let me know what you think!

I would submit my application without the MCAT for now and just make sure to let LECOM know what date you are taking the exam. You can contact Mr. Jamie Murphy (he's super nice). It cannot hurt to have the rest of application materials in beforehand, therefore when the MCAT scores get sent to LECOM, they can just start reviewing your file asap.

Based off of what I have been seeing and hearing on various threads about this program, I think your stats meet the requirements, so honestly its a matter of the $ for the application fee. I don't think it would hurt to apply now. Best of luck!!!

Does anyone have an idea of the number of students the LECOM Post Bacc program takes within each track (i.e. Medical vs. Dental vs. Pharmacy Post Bacc)? I am just curious because as I'm reading more and more on the website, it seems like the medical PB students and the dental PB have the same curriculum and classes? However its different for the pharm PB students? Does that mean the PB program accepts a larger number of pharm students? Like does being on the medical/dental track put you at a disadvantage of being accepted compared to the pharm PB track? or are the number of students on each track proportional?

I hope that this post makes sense...lol

This year, I'm pretty sure there are about 10-12 dental and 12-15 pharm. Dental and medical post-baccs take the same classes until the tail end of anatomy, at which point the dental students split off and do head, while the medical students do pelvis. So the difference between the medical and dental track is 4 lectures. Pharm is a completely different program, and I haven't seen them in a single one of my classes.

I'm not sure why, but on average only 2-3 dental students matriculate into LECOM's dental school. Others could have gone somewhere else, but that's the stat that we got at the beginning of the program. If I remember correctly, about 8-9 pharm students matriculated.

I would submit my application without the MCAT for now and just make sure to let LECOM know what date you are taking the exam. You can contact Mr. Jamie Murphy (he's super nice). It cannot hurt to have the rest of application materials in beforehand, therefore when the MCAT scores get sent to LECOM, they can just start reviewing your file asap.

Based off of what I have been seeing and hearing on various threads about this program, I think your stats meet the requirements, so honestly its a matter of the $ for the application fee. I don't think it would hurt to apply now. Best of luck!!!

Thank you so much! I will do such

out of curiosity does the completion of this program guarantee an acceptance?

Was just accepted into LECOM's postbac for this September! Recieved word back about a week later, MCAT 498, cGPA 3.04. Is there a facebook for the incoming class??

This year, I'm pretty sure there are about 10-12 dental and 12-15 pharm. Dental and medical post-baccs take the same classes until the tail end of anatomy, at which point the dental students split off and do head, while the medical students do pelvis. So the difference between the medical and dental track is 4 lectures. Pharm is a completely different program, and I haven't seen them in a single one of my classes.

I'm not sure why, but on average only 2-3 dental students matriculate into LECOM's dental school. Others could have gone somewhere else, but that's the stat that we got at the beginning of the program. If I remember correctly, about 8-9 pharm students matriculated.

Thank you for the info. Only 10-12 dental students per year really makes me nervous though. I spoke with Mr. Murphy and he said that they receive between 900-1000 applications a year and accept between 90-100 students and if only 10-12 of them are dental, its a little concerning now lol. But I truly appreciate the information! It helps a lot. Now I just need to wait to receive my admissions decision letter and hope to GOD that I am within the select few that get chosen lol.

Do you know how many kids have gotten into the medical school ? Did most them have to attend the erie campus for medical school or did they give option of going to the other two campuses. Thanks

even for their osteopathic medical school?

Hi, I finished the post bacc last April (2017) and I'm about to finish my first year as an MS1. So to answer you question, completion of this program does not result in guaranteed acceptance. You have to have a 3.2 GPA in the program and you have to have a certain score on the MCAT.

Reactions: 1 users
out of curiosity does the completion of this program guarantee an acceptance?
Completing the program doesn’t guarantee an acceptance. But as long as you have a 3.2 or better and the acceptable MCAT/AIS score and haven’t gotten into any trouble, then you’re golden for an acceptance as long as your interview goes well.

Do you know how many kids have gotten into the medical school ? Did most them have to attend the erie campus for medical school or did they give option of going to the other two campuses. Thanks
Usually a little over than half will make it to the medical school. I don’t really know how many other people in my class have gotten an acceptance but you have to attend Erie for the post bacc and on the day of your interview you can choose which location you would prefer if it’s Seton Hill or Bradenton.

Usually a little over than half will make it to the medical school. I don’t really know how many other people in my class have gotten an acceptance but you have to attend Erie for the post bacc and on the day of your interview you can choose which location you would prefer if it’s Seton Hill or Bradenton.
thanks for the info I am from Tampa, Fl its like 30-45 mins from Bradenton and would def prefer that location

Submitted app today. I'm so late but fingers crossed...

I am strongly considering this program after graduation but am significantly more interested in the Fla campus...would completing this program hold any sway in that department? I have family in and am originally from and born in Fl. Thx :)

Looks like I seeing you guys in Erie this September!! :happy::happy::happy::cigar::cigar::cigar:
Finally received my acceptance letter today in the mail!
I'm so pumped! Sorry about the million posts in the thread, i was just really nervous! I would love to talk to a current dental PB student if possible to find out more about the curriculum, professors, great places to live, etc. Feel free to PM me :)

Also, is there a facebook group for incoming students made?

Applied: 03/14/18
date portal changed stating admissions has made decision: 03/15/18
received letter of acceptance: 03/23/18
cGPA: 3.2
sGPA: 3.017
DAT - 18

Submitted app today. I'm so late but fingers crossed...

Honestly, you're not late. I applied last week and got accepted today. They have a very quick turn around time (even though it seems like an eternity when waiting for the letter to come in the mail). Keep you head up and trust your app. You submitted it and thats all the matters, now its the waiting game! best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I am strongly considering this program after graduation but am significantly more interested in the Fla campus...would completing this program hold any sway in that department? I have family in and am originally from and born in Fl. Thx :)
From everything I have heard from former students is you can choose the Bradenton campus but is not always guaranteed and there is few spots for Bradenton. I am also from Florida and have a baby and wife so ideally would like to move back so I'm guessing if you do really good in the program and tell them your from Florida is will help. That is my goal.

hey everyone,

I couldn't find an already exisiting facebook group for individiuals that have been accepted and are planning on attending/starting in Sept 2018.

So I just created one. I think we can use this to get to know one another, ask questions, etc. etc.

If you have been accepted to the program & want to join the group search for LECOM Post Bacc 2018-2019. :)

I will post the link in about a week (SDN won't let me post it because I'm too new to SDN and need to be on it for 10 days...lame):mad::mad:

Feel free to PM if you have been on SDN for at least 10 days and want me to send you the link so you can post it on here.

Got acceptance letter today- submitted about 2 weeks ago.

cGPA 3.3, sGPA 2.8, MCAT 504 (2nd attempt 500)
Top 20 undergrad college known for grade deflation
Research during gap year and will be published soon

So excited. Still awaiting decisions from other Masters programs.

Being from Florida is a definite advantage and they will give you a higher preference. I will give you fair warning, you also need to have a pretty decent GPA to have a good shot of anything other than LDP or PBL-Seton Hill. Atleast that was the case for us tis year

I have a question, do you think I would still be eligible to apply if I don't have 4 semester hours for general biology (didn't take Bio 1 at my university) but I do have IB credit for it and took higher level classes in biology (Micro with lab)?

I have a question, do you think I would still be eligible to apply if I don't have 4 semester hours for general biology (didn't take Bio 1 at my university) but I do have IB credit for it and took higher level classes in biology (Micro with lab)?

I would e-mail Mr. Jamie Murphy regarding this. I'm sure it will be fine with the IB credit. You are probably not the only one with AP/IB advance placement credits going into university. Email him at jmurphy"@"lecom.edu (obviously don't include the "" when emailing). Hope this helps and Best of luck!

I would e-mail Mr. Jamie Murphy regarding this. I'm sure it will be fine with the IB credit. You are probably not the only one with AP/IB advance placement credits going into university. Email him at jmurphy"@"lecom.edu (obviously don't include the "" when emailing). Hope this helps and Best of luck!

Yes thank you! Just got a response from him; he said “Yes, you are OK to matriculate if you have at least 8-credits or more at “C” or better in classes that have a “BIO” prefix or considered life sciences.”

^for anyone who is interested in that information!

Hey guys, when is it considered late to apply to this program? I would love to attend this program in the fall if I got in. Waiting on an LOR and do not have a MCAT score.
cGPA: 3.36
sGPA: 3.1-3.2 (somewhere in that range, haven't calculated it since last semester)
AIS:112

I created a Facebook group for anyone who wishes to join. Since this is a new account I cannot post links. I have added the group number at the end, but you just copy and paste it after facebook, and add "/groups/2036353263311987/" after the com

Edit: please disregard this post. Someone else has already made one. You can find it by searching “lecom post bac 2018-2019” on Facebook or look for a link further down this thread by Mollartroller

Last edited:
does doing well in this program guarantee an acceptance for the osteopathic medical school?

Hey guys,

SO I am interested in applying to this cycle's program. Does anyone know if they would accept a c- in organic chemistry 2. I am planning on retaking it in the summer.
Also besides a 3.2 gpa, what else is required to gain acceptance straight from the post back? Also could you apply to other medical schools during post back?
Same boat as you! Let me know how it works out for you, gonna retake orgo 2 in summer 1!

Being from Florida is a definite advantage and they will give you a higher preference. I will give you fair warning, you also need to have a pretty decent GPA to have a good shot of anything other than LDP or PBL-Seton Hill. Atleast that was the case for us tis year
thx are you referring to the in-program gpa(SMP) or undergrad?

Oh well this is awkward, I created a group last week as well. Maybe we should combine and merge the groups so its not confusing. Let me know! Send me a PM
Lmao I will edit my post and delete it. Would you mind making a new post so that people here can see it? I only made one cuz I couldn’t find one

so that people here can see it? I only made one cuz I could

LECOM Post Bacc 2018-2019 Facebook Group Link
yeah no worries! The only reason that I didn't post it on here is because SDN makes you wait 10 days rule to post a link (and im on day 7 lol). For anyone who wants to join the facebook group, please add "/groups/2106413612911941/" (w/o the "") after the com. PM me if you have any questions.

Last edited: