This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi might not be relevant for this thread, but doesn’t hurt to ask if anyone knows any good single room apartment complexes close to lecom campus?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! Just found out I was accepted into the PostBac program today. Looking forward to having class with you all!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi might not be relevant for this thread, but doesn’t hurt to ask if anyone knows any good single room apartment complexes close to lecom campus?
Thanks!
There are actually apartments right across the street from LECOM owned by Pastore. You can google "Pastore apartments Erie PA" to inquire about more information. I know rent is around $700 a month but you can walk to class and they're nice apartments for the price. Hope this helps or at least gives you a good place to start!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone attached to this is a document that has helpful tips and the way students felt the classes where laid out from previous years. Its 30 pages long but I think will be a huge help and motivate when the program gets tough. Hope it helps. Look forward to meeting everyone in September.
Joshua

Attachments

• Untitled document.docx
    42.5 KB · Views: 253
Reactions: 3 users
How long after your application status was updated to “the admissions committee has made a decision on your application” did you receive the letter in the mail?

Does anyone know the difference between the LECOM Post Bacc vs. the Masters in Medical Science? Are there reasons someone should apply to one and not the other? My ultimate goal is to be a physician. Thanks!

How long after your application status was updated to “the admissions committee has made a decision on your application” did you receive the letter in the mail?
It took about 6 days to receive my letter in the mail. As a reference, I live around the Pittsburgh area just 3 hours south of Erie.

Hey guys,
I just received my log in info to apply. I want to know if its possible to get accepted with a 3.68 cumulative GPA and AIS of 110, I know thats the minimum. I do have an MCAT score but it doesn't meet the requirements so i was hoping that the AIS could work.
I just found out about this yesterday while I called them about the masters program and they told me thats closed but this is still open. I know im probably really late at this stage

Thanks in advance

Also, if anyone wrote a personal statement specifically for this application, How did you go about, I have a tough time writing about myself would like some ideas

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys just wanted to clear a quick doubt. How do we transfer our AACOMAS app to the LECOM post bac app? Is there a process or do we have to enter all the information manually again from AACOMAS?

Just received the letter in the mail. I've been accepted. I'm really shocked.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I have a quick question. I have recently submitted my application and it is currently under review. However, I was just wondering if they will make a decision before receiving my transcripts and letter or recommendation? Thank you very much.

You guys should have applied to VCOM's/Bluefield biomed masters w that direct acceptance... gaurunteed interview sounds sketchhh

Thanks!
Are you still looking for housing?

Hello all, I am a former post-bac from the class of 17-18. Finished the program strong and got accepted just recently. Few words of advice; 1. Do not take this program lightly. Past students on sdn make it seem like they just flew through it with ease but that's not exactly the case for most students. Start off strong from day 1 and do not stop until December and then go all out until April. The last thing you want is to be borderline and stressing about a few points here and there come exam 6 and final in the spring. I knew a few too many who were in that boat and did not get in, so do not risk it. 2. Learn how you study best. Dont be afraid to try new things like anki or sketchy but make sure they work for you. Personally, anki and pacing around and teaching an imaginary class worked best for me when I was learning physio, micro, path, anatomy and so on. 3. When you sit down and study then focus all of your attention on studying. I know that seems obvious but many students claim to study but in reality they are browsing facebook and watching youtube videos. Limit distractions those distractions! 4. Pay attention in class. I was never one to preview lectures but I made sure to pay attention in class and get something out of it. You will find for subjects like physio and anatomy lecture is essential so make sure you drink some coffee or do whatever you have to do before class to be able to focus for about 2.5 to 3.5 hours. 5. Record lecture (with permission of course). again for subjects like physio and anatomy having the recording is essential in getting the material down. 6. Adapt. That's one of the take home messages from orientation. A few students had trouble with the testing at LECOM. The tests are multi subject and random. If you struggle early on then switch it up, practice on lowering anxiety and so on.
If you put in the work you will make it. Work very hard, keep your eye on the prize and everything will fall in line.
Good luck!
I honestly can't thank you enough for this very detailed and valuable piece of information. I thank you and hope you continue to do great things and continue to become a very passionate physician.

Hi, for the acceptances, in the letter, do they gurantee the accecptance into LECOM if you get a 3.0? How do you know about the guaranteed acceptance? Thank you

Does anyone know of any places for rent in Erie that are large dog friendly?

cGPA - 3.73
sGPA - 3.56
MCAT - 495
AIS - 116
Plus I have about 1400 hours of clinical experience as a scribe

Don't do this program, aim for getting in directly. You probably could get in just with those stats.
I had lower stats and I got into post bacc. But believe me, your probably wasting your time, unless something is really holding you back.

Hi, for the acceptances, in the letter, do they gurantee the accecptance into LECOM if you get a 3.0? How do you know about the guaranteed acceptance? Thank you

"Those students who pass all Fall term Post Baccalaureate classes will be guaranteed an interview at LECOM’s College of Medicine, School of Pharmacy, or School of Dental Medicine. Those students who pass all courses in the program, finish with a 3.2 cumulative GPA, complete a successful interview and achieve the required minimum on standardized exams will be eligible to matriculate to LECOM’s College of Medicine, School of Pharmacy, or School of Dental Medicine."

Just accepted! Does anyone have any information about the academic calendar, or orientation dates, or syllabus? All I know is that the program starts Sept. 8

Don't do this program, aim for getting in directly. You probably could get in just with those stats.
I had lower stats and I got into post bacc. But believe me, your probably wasting your time, unless something is really holding you back.
I tried, I applied to a lot of places and got no responses except for LECOM Erie where I interviewed. I got waitlisted but haven’t heard anything back so kind of between a rock and a hard place at the moment. These types of programs seemed like the best way to strengthen my application and get an acceptance for next year

You're telling someone with a 495 that they can get directly into a DO program?
Wrong.

"Those students who pass all Fall term Post Baccalaureate classes will be guaranteed an interview at LECOM’s College of Medicine, School of Pharmacy, or School of Dental Medicine. Those students who pass all courses in the program, finish with a 3.2 cumulative GPA, complete a successful interview and achieve the required minimum on standardized exams will be eligible to matriculate to LECOM’s College of Medicine, School of Pharmacy, or School of Dental Medicine."
What's the min. test score?
I did VCOM grad ceritifcate program last year and will be going to VCOM-SC med school in a month.
All you need is a 494 MCAT and a 3.5 in the program and you got direct acceptance. No interview needed.

I tried, I applied to a lot of places and got no responses except for LECOM Erie where I interviewed. I got waitlisted but haven’t heard anything back so kind of between a rock and a hard place at the moment. These types of programs seemed like the best way to strengthen my application and get an acceptance for next year
Yeah just keep trying. But its still possible with those stats, keep applying. If you don't get in, try a post-bacc/masters program?

I was in much the same situation as you are. I had a high gpa from undergrad but my mcat score was subpar. Interviewed at Lecom Erie for the DO program and was waitlisted. Didn’t get a rejection until late July, during my time on the wait list I applied to the post bac program and was excepted.

I had a few options, do the post bac, which I figured could only help me if I were to get in the following year, or retake my MCAT for a higher score.

I decided to go through with the post bac program instead of retaking the MCAT because let’s be honest the MCAT isn’t any fun. I felt I learned more during a single year of post bac than I did during all of undergrad. I don’t regret my post bac year and am matriculating in a few weeks.

does anyone know if they do grade replacement when they look at your transcripts for this program?

So for you guys, they upped the GPA to 3.2. The acceptance is not guaranteed, but if you meet the GPA requirement, have a good interview, and are professional (don't be late to class, don't skip class, follow dress code, etc.) you will get into the medical school. I think they told us last year that only one person in the entire time they have been doing post-bacc hasn't gotten in straight away, but they were accepted later on (I think it was an administrative error or something but don't quote me on the reason).

hey guys just got accepted! Do we have to fill out an aacomas application as well? I was accepted into other post baccs with linkage and they require me submit an aacomas app on top of the post bacc one so I was wondering if LECOM does this too?

hey guys just got accepted! Do we have to fill out an aacomas application as well? I was accepted into other post baccs with linkage and they require me submit an aacomas app on top of the post bacc one so I was wondering if LECOM does this too?
Hey just out of curiosity, when did it change to “decision made” on your application?

Just applied before the deadline, my application is now "under review." It says LOR and Transcripts are due by Sept 1, I'm assuming they won't send me an acceptance before they receive those correct?

Anyone care to share when classes start as well? Emailed Jamie but he just said they take acceptances up until classes start. It's a bit of a time crunch but I'm def excited to start if I'm accepted!!!

Just applied before the deadline, my application is now "under review." It says LOR and Transcripts are due by Sept 1, I'm assuming they won't send me an acceptance before they receive those correct?

Anyone care to share when classes start as well? Emailed Jamie but he just said they take acceptances up until classes start. It's a bit of a time crunch but I'm def excited to start if I'm accepted!!!
They probably won't review your app until all of those are in. Reviewing your app before transcripts are in would be pointless since there's no way to verify the grades you entered

Classes start Sept 5

Hi. Just got accepted to the program. Does anyone know when orientation is? And how/when we apply for classes? Thanks in advance!

Hi. Just got accepted to the program. Does anyone know when orientation is? And how/when we apply for classes? Thanks in advance!

upload_2018-8-7_18-13-41.png

I am having trouble getting my letter of recommendation letter sent to the school by my science professor. My application says it's under review and I'm hoping that the letter arrives to the school very soon, but does anyone know if there is still a chance for acceptance? I am not really sure if there is a cap on the number of students accepted into this program but I worry it may be too late at this point.

I am having trouble getting my letter of recommendation letter sent to the school by my science professor. My application says it's under review and I'm hoping that the letter arrives to the school very soon, but does anyone know if there is still a chance for acceptance? I am not really sure if there is a cap on the number of students accepted into this program but I worry it may be too late at this point.

I would just email murphy and tell him its coming

Does anyone know how strict the attendance policy is? would they be accommodating if you were to miss class for interviews this cycle?

Does anyone know how strict the attendance policy is? would they be accommodating if you were to miss class for interviews this cycle?

I’m planning on missing at least 2 days of class at this point for an interview, hopefully more. Surely I would hope they’d be okay with this as the program is a stepping stone to medical school!

I’m planning on missing at least 2 days of class at this point for an interview, hopefully more. Surely I would hope they’d be okay with this as the program is a stepping stone to medical school!
I would hope so too! good luck at your interviews