This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for this. There is an accelerated primary care track for medical students that I wanted to be in. Only 12 spots I believe. I hope they don't fill them all by January.

There were students from my post-bacc class (2 years ago) who were accepted to the PCSP pathway. As stated above they did very well their first semester, one of them had a 4.0 I believe.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone I'm making a document/powerpoint of things that seemed important/motivational that people posted on last years thread. Like helpful tips for studying and how different classes were structured. Im not finished with it yet but if anyone wants me to send it to them when I'm done just message me your email. Looking forward to September and meeting everybody.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how they would like us to submit SAT/ACT scores? Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ll be giving up my spot at LECOM postbacc as I got into the BMS program at Rosalind Franklin. Best of luck to all.

Reactions: 1 users
What is this grade entry thing that some people posted about? I just completed the online application where I filled out my SAT scores, but there was no form for me to fill out in regards to my grades.

What is this grade entry thing that some people posted about? I just completed the online application where I filled out my SAT scores, but there was no form for me to fill out in regards to my grades.
Hello,
The day after I applied there was a folder that read "Grade Entry" that appeared. You will probably see it tomorrow in your LECOM Portal. Good luck!

Also, does anyone know if a LOR from a psych professor would count as a science professor?

Hey guys,
I am not using AIS thing since I never took SAT. I am scheduled to take my MCAT on June 29 which means I will be getting my score on July 31.
Do you think there are chances of getting acceptance in August or is it too late?
Thanks!

Hi all,

I was recently accepted into the Post Bacc! I was also accepted to a Masters of Arts in Biology program at SUNY Binghamton (1 year non thesis program strictly coursework). I have a 3.3 GPA (Math major, Chem minor) and a 3.25 sGPA with good EC's. I was wondering if anyone had advice on which program they would recommend.

Please let me know if y'all have any advice, thank you!

Does the program in Binghamton have a direct linkage with a medical school? If not, grades in a masters program are only going to be considered as graduate courses and really won’t help your undergrad GPA at all. Taking the acceptance at LECOM post bacc may be a better option.

Does the program in Binghamton have a direct linkage with a medical school? If not, grades in a masters program are only going to be considered as graduate courses and really won’t help your undergrad GPA at all. Taking the acceptance at LECOM post bacc may be a better option.

Hey thanks for your answer, it’s not a linkage program so there’s definitely that. Don’t they consider the post Bacc grades in a similar way? Or are they considered undergraduate?
Also do a lot of students attend other DO schools after the program? Cause the 80% is vague due to the variety of pre professional students in the program.

LECOM is a post bacc and not a masters, but I really don’t know how med schools will look at the grades from the program at LECOM, but the program at Binghamton is a masters and so those grades will probably do nothing to boost your college GPA. That isn’t my understanding, but you might want more clarification. Goro seems to be the omniscient one on this site- you might want to PM him/her and find out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Exactly. I feel like this leaves room for error. I filled it out anyways quickly because I received an email that my application was under review. I don’t see why they don’t just calculate the gpas themselves once the official transcripts are in just to make sure everything is labeled correctly to their liking

The gpa calculated after I entered my grades and labeled them was different than what AACOMAS calculated for me last year. Same transcripts. I probably just labeled a class differently. ‍♀️

I was wondering when entering grades do I have to enter all grades included the retakes?! Also, I do not see that page at the application...to enter my grades!

hey guys, just looking for some advice from all- i'm considering applying to post baccs and was under a lot of stress until I found out about LECOM. I have 2.74, so I barely just make the cutoff for the minimum GPA– not to mention LECOM is the only one I've seen with a minimum below 3.0 (although eastern virginia's post bac cutoff is 2.8). However, I have an AIS score of 112, and two years of research with two publications as a fifth author on both. I also went to UCLA, so I'm not sure if the prestige of the school will help me out. Do you guys think its worth applying if you were me? Or would you kill the MCAT first and then apply. Let me know, thanks a bunch

How are my stats to get accepted in this program?
Cgpa-3.4
Sgpa-3.1
Mcat- 501
Above average ECs

Does this program seem like a good fit with a 3.3 cgpa/3.2 sgpa?

hey guys, just looking for some advice from all- i'm considering applying to post baccs and was under a lot of stress until I found out about LECOM. I have 2.74, so I barely just make the cutoff for the minimum GPA– not to mention LECOM is the only one I've seen with a minimum below 3.0 (although eastern virginia's post bac cutoff is 2.8). However, I have an AIS score of 112, and two years of research with two publications as a fifth author on both. I also went to UCLA, so I'm not sure if the prestige of the school will help me out. Do you guys think its worth applying if you were me? Or would you kill the MCAT first and then apply. Let me know, thanks a bunch

I'd apply. GPA is borderline but as long as you're above both cutoffs you have a decent shot, especially with good ECs like you have. I got into the program two years ago with a lower AIS and a low GPA (2.9 ish) as well.

Is this a linkage program like TouroCOM? If so about how many people matriculate?

Is this a linkage program like TouroCOM? If so about how many people matriculate?

Yes, you're guaranteed an interview if you pass all your classes in the Fall. As long as you finish with a 3.2 GPA or above and don't make a fool of yourself in the interview, you'll get in. Nothing is guaranteed, but I don't know of anyone who did not make it while having the 3.0 GPA (our year was the last 3.0 before they switched to 3.2 this year). I'm not sure how many people made it exactly, but I would think about 60 out of the 175 who came into the program.

Do people actually get into this program without taking an MCAT? Just curious if I should apply now with a 3.37cGPA/3.26sGPA from undergrad. AIS score of 122. Or if I should wait for next cycle after taking my June 30 MCAT

Hey everyone, I'm a LECOM alumni with available housing for rent!

The property is a two story unfurnished 3 bedroom 1 bath single family home located in a quiet and safe neighborhood. The spacious and recently renovated home has hardwood floors, huge kitchen with large island and eat-in dining room, washing machine and dryer set in the large basement, 2 car private driveway, ginormous backyard, and plenty of storage space throughout.

Located conveniently within a 5 minute drive to the grocery store, an asian food store (perhaps the only one in Erie), fast food, restaurants, Walgreens, shopping, banks, post office, and is within 10 minutes drive from the LECOM Campus and Wellness Center.

Rent is $1000/month. Water, garbage/sewage and lawn mowing is included.

Pets allowed

It's a great place to live and it's nice and quiet for studying. Message me if interested!

Congratulations to those who were accepted into the incoming class and good luck to those who are waiting.

Do people actually get into this program without taking an MCAT? Just curious if I should apply now with a 3.37cGPA/3.26sGPA from undergrad. AIS score of 122. Or if I should wait for next cycle after taking my June 30 MCAT

Yes, I personally know one person in this year's class that didn't take the mcat and got an acceptance

Hey guys I had a question. For the letter of recommendation it requires 1 science letter but I have been out of school for many years making this very difficulty to obtain. Would it be possible to replace this with a letter from my place of employment which involves working closely with a medical team. Does anyone know whom I can email to find out if no one here knows? Let me know, thanks!

Anybody else get an email from Jamie Murphy about the information day June 22nd for the program? I really want to go but it will be expensive just seeing how many people are planning on going

For anyone waiting, retracting my offer today, hope one of you get in!! Good luck!

Yes, you're guaranteed an interview if you pass all your classes in the Fall. As long as you finish with a 3.2 GPA or above and don't make a fool of yourself in the interview, you'll get in. Nothing is guaranteed, but I don't know of anyone who did not make it while having the 3.0 GPA (our year was the last 3.0 before they switched to 3.2 this year). I'm not sure how many people made it exactly, but I would think about 60 out of the 175 who came into the program.

How difficult is curriculum ? What are the courses?/ are they similar to what the first year OMS are taking? It seems like a good option, although I prefer to stay in NYC. Can you choose what campus you want to attend?
thanks!

Where does program based? Is this in Florida?

How difficult is curriculum ? What are the courses?/ are they similar to what the first year OMS are taking? It seems like a good option, although I prefer to stay in NYC. Can you choose what campus you want to attend?
thanks!

I think the intensity is pretty high for the most part. Once you find your groove with what type of studying works best for you, you can definitely succeed in this program. I know there are a lot of scary stories out there, but if you put everything you have into it, you’ll get the GPA you need. In the fall, you’ll take Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Physiology, Microbiology, Histology, and Critical Thinking. In the spring, you’ll take Pathology, Human Anatomy, Pharmacology, Genetics, Immunology, and Intro to Clinical Medicine. From what the 1st year medical students told us, you’ll repeat a lot of the same courses when you start medical school. It definitely prepares you for what you’ll face. This program is in Erie. I’m a dental student, but my friends who were medical students were able to rank their options on where they wanted to be. Most of them will be in Erie for this upcoming year.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I think the intensity is pretty high for the most part. Once you find your groove with what type of studying works best for you, you can definitely succeed in this program. I know there are a lot of scary stories out there, but if you put everything you have into it, you’ll get the GPA you need. In the fall, you’ll take Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Physiology, Microbiology, Histology, and Critical Thinking. In the spring, you’ll take Pathology, Human Anatomy, Pharmacology, Genetics, Immunology, and Intro to Clinical Medicine. From what the 1st year medical students told us, you’ll repeat a lot of the same courses when you start medical school. It definitely prepares you for what you’ll face. This program is in Erie. I’m a dental student, but my friends who were medical students were able to rank their options on where they wanted to be. Most of them will be in Erie for this upcoming year.

Sent from my iPhone using

Are there any projects or group based assignments in the postbacc program?

I’m just wondering if we will have to commit time to that type of stuff on top of studying.

Thank you for this. Are you officially accepted now? How realistic is it to hit the gym couple times a week?
Also are there any spots left in the accelerated tracks by the time you are done with your post bacc? Thank you
Sorry, it has taken me so long to reply I haven't been on in a while. But, whoever responded already answered a majority of your questions. I think I went to the gym 3-5 times a week, but like the other person said, it all depends on your efficiency. But yes, I received my official letter and will be starting the DSP program in the fall. I didn' get my letter until after the program ended and still got DSP so it is possible to get a late acceptance and get in the pathway you want. However I can not stress enough that doing well in first semester is key to getting the pathway you want and having a little less stress second semester.

Sorry, it has taken me so long to reply I haven't been on in a while. But, whoever responded already answered a majority of your questions. I think I went to the gym 3-5 times a week, but like the other person said, it all depends on your efficiency. But yes, I received my official letter and will be starting the DSP program in the fall. I didn' get my letter until after the program ended and still got DSP so it is possible to get a late acceptance and get in the pathway you want. However I can not stress enough that doing well in first semester is key to getting the pathway you want and having a little less stress second semester.
Thank you for your response. congratulations once again

Thanks so much for the info!! it sounds more promising than the Touro program, But for touro you receive a masters degree. I will def apply to both for next cycle.

Has anyone found housing near LECOM? or heard anything about The Hammocks apartments?
I'm open to roommates for anyone looking! I do have a dog, so other pets are preferred.

Probably applying to this program.
How long does it usually take to get the application after filling out the info screen?

Has anyone found housing near LECOM? or heard anything about The Hammocks apartments?
I'm open to roommates for anyone looking! I do have a dog, so other pets are preferred.
I'm looking for roommates myself, would you want to look together potentially?

Hey guys,

I am a going to be a senior this year, but also taking an extra year after. I still have about 50 credits to complete, and my current cGPA is a 3.0, still have to take the second part of ochem and physics. My AIS score makes me not eligible mostly because of my ACT score which was low because back when I took it, I took it just to have a score to get me into my preferred college.
Question 1:
Should I take the MCAT before applying to the program, since my AIS score would make me ineligible.
Question 2:
Do you guys think I have a change at getting accepted into this program when it comes time to apply.

Hey guys,

I am a going to be a senior this year, but also taking an extra year after. I still have about 50 credits to complete, and my current cGPA is a 3.0, still have to take the second part of ochem and physics. My AIS score makes me not eligible mostly because of my ACT score which was low because back when I took it, I took it just to have a score to get me into my preferred college.
Question 1:
Should I take the MCAT before applying to the program, since my AIS score would make me ineligible.
Question 2:
Do you guys think I have a change at getting accepted into this program when it comes time to apply.

I would take the MCAT prior to applying. It seems as if they mainly accept applicants who have an AIS or MCAT over their minimum prior to matriculating. I've heard of a couple exceptions, but I think that is the rule of thumb.

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently preparing my ADEA AADSAS application for dental school and I was wondering if anyone who has completed the program could provide me with the actual Course Catalog Numbers/Codes (as it would show up on a potential transcript), the course's official names, and the number of credit hours per course? I need to enter my courses that I will be taking in the Fall 2018 semester onto my application portal in AADSAS before I submit it next week on the 5th. According to AADSAS, it needs to be exactly on how it would appear on transcripts. Please feel free to reply to here or DM me. Thanks!

In submitting your application materials, did you guys just send an electronic version to the program coordinator? I heard from someone to send it electronically but on the application it has an address listed.

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently preparing my ADEA AADSAS application for dental school and I was wondering if anyone who has completed the program could provide me with the actual Course Catalog Numbers/Codes (as it would show up on a potential transcript), the course's official names, and the number of credit hours per course? I need to enter my courses that I will be taking in the Fall 2018 semester onto my application portal in AADSAS before I submit it next week on the 5th. According to AADSAS, it needs to be exactly on how it would appear on transcripts. Please feel free to reply to here or DM me. Thanks!

If this upcoming year has the same fall courses as last. The course codes are as follows:
ADM 1501 (PB E) for critical thinking (1 credit)
BCH 1501 (PB E) for biochemistry (3 credits)
CLB 1501 (PB E) for cell biology (2 credits)
CLB 1504 (PB E) for histology (1 credit)
MCB 1501 (PB E) for microbiology (3 credits)
PHY 1510 (PB E) for physiology (5 credits)

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I recently just finished up everything for my application. However Jamie, the admissions head, told me I hadnt submitted a grade report, Does anyone know where on the website I can find that? Any help will be really appreciated!

Hi everyone,

I was just curious as to how long it took most people to receive an admissions decision after they completed their application?

Hi guys,

I recently just finished up everything for my application. However Jamie, the admissions head, told me I hadnt submitted a grade report, Does anyone know where on the website I can find that? Any help will be really appreciated!

Hello,

When you log into the portal click on the link that says Health Sciences Post Bac Program ( it is on the left hand side). When you click there it will bring you to another page and on the left hand side again you should see a link that says Grade Entry. If you can't find it let me know and I can screen shot it for you!

Hi everyone,

I was just curious as to how long it took most people to receive an admissions decision after they completed their application?

It doesn't take long at all. I had an acceptance at around 2 weeks after I officially sent in everything. The only thing that takes so long is snail mail-ing everything.

Hi,
does Lecom postbacc program affect the undergraduate GPA? I have good undergraduate GPA but I haven't taken the MCAT. How does the postbacc differ from the masters program in terms of affecting GPA? Thanks

From what I've gathered online, it does not seem like the post-bacc will affect your undergraduate GPA. As for the Master's program, this will definitely not affect your undergraduate GPA.

Did anyone send in their resume to show extra curriculars? If not, how did you show your ECs