Let’s talk about money! Scholarships undergraduate transfer help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neurosa

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer:) If this is not the right forum please tell me where to post/English is not my first language and I am on my phone so don’t kill me over formatting/grammar.

I am hopefully transferring out of my Californian community college (applied to UC’s tagged UCSB so that seems a sure yes) and I am looking finish my undergrad debt free since medical school Is going to expensive!

So. Any info on scholarships? I qualify for some UC specific aids but most likely nothing federal so I am looking for scholarships? Any tips on where to start? I tried going merry, Unigo and Fastweb and have applied to a bunch (by clicking apply:))
People keep telling me:
Get creative
Local scholarships are easier
Don’t go for the high priced one just the lower prices
Which all seem like great advice but I am more looking for practical explaintomelikeiamfive level type of information. I am so lost and everybody is like yeah I don’t know or ah just apply for loans, what is the big deal?

I am a philosophy major (hence the deep rooted fear of unpaid-able debt) and transferring out hopefully soon! Not URM, but first gen student and officially U.S. citizen by birth right but raised outside of the states. My family is all considered non American.

Members don't see this ad.