LiterWWary Fiction WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zenge142

Skeleton Lord, Stump Master, and Mother Hen
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
LiterWWary Fiction WW Game Thread
1648783977535.png

After a long day Zenge settles in to read a book or two, or 19. As he is drifting to sleep, they all start to blend together into a fever dream of mayhem. The following is the story of that dream...

Welcome to LiterWWary Fiction: A WW Game. Brought to you by me @Zenge142 with the help of @kaydubs

19 Players Remain:

Players:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @Aprilthearab
3. @vetschoolsletmeinplease
4. @BanquetCam
5. @alleycat03
6. @WildZoo
7. @samac
8. @holdthemayo
9. @Truenamer
10. @TelemarketingEnigma
11. @PippyPony
12. @potentialsheltervet
13. @SportPonies
14. @Crayola227
15. @genny
UTC. @supershorty
17. @Cyndia
18. @violetvett
19. @puppydogtor

Subs:
1. @Lawpy
2. @mkg323 after 4/5

Tots:
1. @Barkley13
2. @AceHydro
3. @WorthlessOxygen
4. @kdswg
5. @bluestoat

Please wait to post until the game is officially open.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hmm
Reactions: 10 users
Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
Rules Including Participation Requirements

1. Most importantly: this is a game and is meant to be fun. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Players resorting to personal attacks will be removed from gameplay without warning. NO EXCEPTIONS, AND NO SUBS FOR MODKILLED PLAYERS.
Examples of behavior we do not tolerate: name calling (e.g. “Zenges is being a b****”), calling other players’ play poor/bad/subpar, or personal attacks. Please note that calling someone a wolf or wolfy is not a personal attack.

2. Voting will close at 9 PM Central (10 PM East/7PM Pacific). Night will close at 9 AM Central or earlier if all submissions are received.

3. Do not discuss the game outside of the thread or your role PM.

4. Players must make 10 content posts per 36/12 cycle/5 content posts per 12/12 cycle to avoid mod wrath. Naked yeet votes do not count as content posts.

5. Dead players: please keep your on-thread posts to a minimum, and if you do post, please do so in ******stars******. Please do not react to strategy posts in the game once you are dead. Same goes for tots and subs - please do not react to strategy posts at all.

6. Ties will be resolved through...mechanics.

7. Please do not quote, screenshot, or copy/paste from your mod PM. Please don’t fake quotes, screenshots, or copy/pastes from a mod PM either.

8. Editing posts is permitted, but do not delete them. Remember to unvote if you are changing your vote.

9. Votes must be formatted in bold or #########surrounded by octothorpes#########. Please make the mods’ lives easier by not hiding your vote in a wall of text.

10. Do not discuss or share night results before the night write-up is posted. Strategizing between vote closing and write up is permitted, including for the person voted out.

11. If you require a sub due to unavoidable circumstances, please contact the mod (me/KD) in your role PM, and do not discuss it on the thread.

12. Gifs are welcomed, and encouraged, but please hide them in spoiler tags. If you don’t know how to use spoilers, ask.

13. A note about role reveals - Most or all of the following statements are true about this game: I have given roles you would expect to be protagonists to both village and scum. I have given roles you would expect to be antagonists to both village and scum. I have given scum cover roles, and they have literally thousands of literary works of fiction to make up their own cover roles if they choose to. Finally, some players, have not yet been given their roles at all, because, much like when reading a book, some characters, while they exist in the world, only show up a few chapters into the book. Point being, trying to game solve via role reveals will be an effort in futility and frustration. Don't do it.​

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It is now Day 0. Vote closes at 9pm Central (10pm EST/7pm fantasyland) on Friday, 4/1/2022.

Day 0 Will be a shorter cycle. Instead of voting to yeet someone, you will be voting to elect a narrator for our story

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
I’m never this early omg
Ok uhhhhhhh

Elect samacs

Chaotic narrator = fun narrator

• Love
  • Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
D0: Narrator Vote
1553832892-Book_flipping.gif

Dubz (2) - shorty, Dubz
genny (1) - genny
Samac (1) - Pleasy

Missing Most

Vote Closes ~22 hours

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game:
Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO (Game Theory Optimal) play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, and I will never be rescinding. I am the Seer. When it becomes prudent I will provide my peeks.

Benefits:
1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as the seer. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of the seer cover to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all I have to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS (Fancy Play Syndrome) exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I know that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not **** up and yeet me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 11 players you need to try to read, rather than 12. I have already provided a "free" peek of me in a game with a mere 12 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:
The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am the seer, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion:
It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a villager, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns. It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV (Expected Value) gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by my baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect.

Get #rekt.

Also First

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
A Shot Rings Out!

Dead is…
No one…
April Fools!!! :hilarious:
Thats the only one! I swear! :bag: :sorry:

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 15 users
Can't believe Zenge would start the game killing them, of all people. Wow.

• Haha
  • Care
A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game:
Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO (Game Theory Optimal) play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, and I will never be rescinding. I am the Seer. When it becomes prudent I will provide my peeks.

Benefits:
1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as the seer. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of the seer cover to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all I have to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally know that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS (Fancy Play Syndrome) exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I know that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not **** up and yeet me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 11 players you need to try to read, rather than 12. I have already provided a "free" peek of me in a game with a mere 12 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:
The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am the seer, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion:
It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a villager, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns. It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV (Expected Value) gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of doing this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by my baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect.

Get #rekt.

Also First
I can think of a few ways this could go badly (maybe more when it’s not 1:30 am) but I’m inclined to believe that this would be a very silly claim for a wolf to make right off the bat

I’ll disagree with the idea that we can never question a seer (I’m brewing tinfoil as we speak) but like there’s no way a wolf gets to end game with this claim

edit: also my sleepy brain just remembered it’s April fools so all trust is out the window and i feel like maybe i am missing a joke reference here or something

Edit edit: I’ve determined I must be missing a joke here because the more I think about it the less anything makes sense, including the number of players

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
I can think of a few ways this could go badly (maybe more when it’s not 1:30 am) but I’m inclined to believe that this would be a very silly claim for a wolf to make right off the bat

I’ll disagree with the idea that we can never question a seer (I’m brewing tinfoil as we speak) but like there’s no way a wolf gets to end game with this claim

edit: also my sleepy brain just remembered it’s April fools so all trust is out the window and i feel like maybe i am missing a joke reference here or something

Edit edit: I’ve determined I must be missing a joke here because the more I think about it the less anything makes sense, including the number of players

My 4am brain didn’t catch the wrong number of players till you pointed it out (okay okay I def skimmed) but gut instinct says…. Shenanigans.

• Care
Elect Mayo

If he doesn't want it for busy pigeon reasons, I'm voting for genny, but I think he was basically born to be a game narrator

• Love
YA KNOW WHEN THE GAME NEVER GOES WRONG FOR VILLAGE?!

WHEN IM OUR FEARLESS LEADER
What happens when I don’t push for myself and elect zenges? I put a god damn wolf in.

Vote myself

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Real talk tho
If I’m gonna vote someone I want someone I can read fairly easily.
That’s not genny or dubz.
Unvote myself
Vote pleasy

• Sad

It’s a copypasta. Go look at the last game if you want, Zenge opened the game with using it. I hope it doesn’t become an SDN tradition to post it … at least not without spoilering it 🙄

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Scrubs are very comfortable.
But also have lots of pockets for me to fall into. Hmmm.
My scrubs are unusually pocketless.
Only 2 pockets in the pants and one on the top.
Keep that in mind wolfies. My pockets have limited space between my pager, patient list, and pen.

• Wow
  • Love
I barely slept last night and the only pants I can find this morning are my grumpy pants.
Oh no, I take some of the blame for grumping 😭

Spoiler tags have been added, please forgive and forget

• Care
Keep that in mind wolfies. My pockets have limited space between my pager, patient list, and pen.
Based on last game one of those pockets is exactly Zenge-shaped, I'm still blown away with how well you handled that PM.

• Care
It’s a copypasta. Go look at the last game if you want, Zenge opened the game with using it. I hope it doesn’t become an SDN tradition to post it … at least not without spoilering it 🙄
i figured it must be something along those lines but I did not play the last game so, confusion

• Care
I knew I should have stayed up just half an hour more for the thread to open

• Care
  • Haha
Peeaaccceeee I'll be back to read the thread and maybe the rules after class is over

• Haha
Why would wolves need to consider your pocket space being at a premium?

Reactions: 1 user
Real talk tho
If I’m gonna vote someone I want someone I can read fairly easily.
That’s not genny or dubz.
Unvote myself
Vote pleasy
I know you can read Pleasey probably better than anyone else but I didn't think you were bad at reading me

• Care
  • Angry
I know you can read Pleasey probably better than anyone else but I didn't think you were bad at reading me
shorty can likely do it better than me.

I’m really not sure if I’m good at reading you or not. I was thinking about it and realized the biggest catch was MHA and it was after a packmate was mechanically outted.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Does it matter if you can read them?

And for that matter, you can't read yourself...?
Yes. It matters if I can read them so if I catch on quickly that they woofin they don’t have extra power for long.

And I dunno, I’m pretty tricky.
Really, I don’t think I’ll ever get elected again after my end game paranoia in England.

• Care
  • Hmm
shorty can likely do it better than me.

I’m really not sure if I’m good at reading you or not. I was thinking about it and realized the biggest catch was MHA and it was after a packmate was mechanically outted.
I was just thinking about whether you’ve actually ever played with wolf!pleasey and then realized that if I’m remembering correctly, I’ve only ever played with Dubz when she was village other than ONCE, and I’m having a hard time processing that.

• Care
I might be wrong in my interpretation here, but I assume narrator is just a narrator.

In which case I feel like it might almost be more fun to accidentally elect a wolf lol

• Haha
  • Wow
I might be wrong in my interpretation here, but I assume narrator is just a narrator.

In which case I feel like it might almost be more fun to accidentally elect a wolf lol
It’s an election cycle, seems similar to previous election cycles.
I assume the narrator gets some perks, we just don’t know what they are