LiterWWary Fiction WW Game Thread

Started by Zenge142
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Well, but Zenge said specifically it's not a mayor.
Wait, where?

It is now Day 0. Vote closes at 9pm Central (10pm EST/7pm fantasyland) on Friday, 4/1/2022.

Day 0 Will be a shorter cycle. Instead of voting to yeet someone, you will be voting to elect a narrator for our story
.​
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i figured it must be something along those lines but I did not play the last game so, confusion
Sorry about that, I just figured I would get the maximum funniness out of doing it when Zenge himself was the main mod 😅

Also, I am torn who to vote for. Does anyone very strongly want to be the narrator?

For now I'll vote to elect Dubz because I really enjoyed her fanfic last game and this might give her the opportunity to do more creative writing 😁
 
I like writing flavor and I’ve never been in a mayoral position, but I still feel groce about the AtE I used on the champs thread asking people to vote for me over there, so I’m not going to campaign for people to vote me here just because I enjoy writing.
 
darn I just wanted poetry

I would however like to encourage mayoral campaign speeches in the form of poems

Woo me with your words

provillage play is all you need!
Look no further than this caps lock queen indeed.
I’ve done it before with great success
A vote for samac is without great stress.
So change those votes and stick with what is true and tested
I can lead village to victory as suggested.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some mornings she would look out her window and wonder where the sky had gone. But it was only because the clouds had covered it so completely with their massive grey bodies that she felt so disconnected. She had never been a fan of winter. Summer was in her dreams and someday she would move to an island of constant sunshine, somewhere like Jamaica. She had been there once when she was fourteen. It felt much more like home than Maine. There she could float on the bright blue water until it carried her back to shore. There she could stretch out like a lizard in the sun and never feel cold again.

It was still dark when she awoke, with just the faint light of a streetlamp peeking into her window and highlighting the peeling paint on the edges of her locked bedroom door. She stared at it until the sun started to rise, watched a few flakes fall as the house shifted. Yes, this was a cloudy morning. But in what light there was, she could see tiny green leaves beginning to emerge, just speckles on the tips of the tree branches. A few brave frogs started their cheerful calls. It was too soon, she thought, spring wasn't quite here yet and they risked getting caught in another surprise snowstorm. Still, they were lovely to listen to.

She sat up and drew a blanket around her shoulders. A cup of coffee would be perfect, but she wasn't ready to venture out of her room yet. No, she would sit here a while longer, contemplating the sky, and listening to the frogs. She would daydream of spring until the thought of the sun warmed her bones.
 
Some mornings she would look out her window and wonder where the sky had gone. But it was only because the clouds had covered it so completely with their massive grey bodies that she felt so disconnected. She had never been a fan of winter. Summer was in her dreams and someday she would move to an island of constant sunshine, somewhere like Jamaica. She had been there once when she was fourteen. It felt much more like home than Maine. There she could float on the bright blue water until it carried her back to shore. There she could stretch out like a lizard in the sun and never feel cold again.

It was still dark when she awoke, with just the faint light of a streetlamp peeking into her window and highlighting the peeling paint on the edges of her locked bedroom door. She stared at it until the sun started to rise, watched a few flakes fall as the house shifted. Yes, this was a cloudy morning. But in what light there was, she could see tiny green leaves beginning to emerge, just speckles on the tips of the tree branches. A few brave frogs started their cheerful calls. It was too soon, she thought, spring wasn't quite here yet and they risked getting caught in another surprise snowstorm. Still, they were lovely to listen to.

She sat up and drew a blanket around her shoulders. A cup of coffee would be perfect, but she wasn't ready to venture out of her room yet. No, she would sit here a while longer, contemplating the sky, and listening to the frogs. She would daydream of spring until the thought of the sun warmed her bones.
God dammit
 
provillage play is all you need!
Look no further than this caps lock queen indeed.
I’ve done it before with great success
A vote for samac is without great stress.
So change those votes and stick with what is true and tested
I can lead village to victory as suggested.
Oh no I read this as a rap :laugh:
 
The only other campaign comment I'll make is that I haven't had a mayor-type role in a long long time, this theme is something I adore so it would be a lovely time for it, and even if the narrator is just someone for Zenge to pass writeups to I will enjoy that as well :laugh:
 
The only other campaign comment I'll make is that I haven't had a mayor-type role in a long long time, this theme is something I adore so it would be a lovely time for it, and even if the narrator is just someone for Zenge to pass writeups to I will enjoy that as well :laugh:
*intense stare*

Unvote pleasy
Vote dubz


I will make it my personal mission to see you’re never elected again if you betray me :heckyeah:
 
Plot twist z doesn’t wanna deal with write ups he’s looking to pass the buck
This was my thought as well lol.
If @justafluff were here I would totally vote for her, then I could finally experience the joy of Fluff!Mayor firsthand

Question as a still-kinda-noob: what kind of powers do mayor's usually have? It's typically minor stuff, right?
In the noob game fluff was able to be a tiebreaker if there was a vote tie, but I'm not sure whether that varies per mod since that's the only time I've played with a mayor role.
 
If @justafluff were here I would totally vote for her, then I could finally experience the joy of Fluff!Mayor firsthand

Question as a still-kinda-noob: what kind of powers do mayor's usually have? It's typically minor stuff, right?
It varies a lot. Tie-breaking and PMing abilities are the most common I would say, but there have been games where mayors had abilities that were kind of specific to the game mechanics if that makes sense. I know I've seen vig shots before, in RvB the team captains had several different abilities.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some mornings she would look out her window and wonder where the sky had gone. But it was only because the clouds had covered it so completely with their massive grey bodies that she felt so disconnected. She had never been a fan of winter. Summer was in her dreams and someday she would move to an island of constant sunshine, somewhere like Jamaica. She had been there once when she was fourteen. It felt much more like home than Maine. There she could float on the bright blue water until it carried her back to shore. There she could stretch out like a lizard in the sun and never feel cold again.

It was still dark when she awoke, with just the faint light of a streetlamp peeking into her window and highlighting the peeling paint on the edges of her locked bedroom door. She stared at it until the sun started to rise, watched a few flakes fall as the house shifted. Yes, this was a cloudy morning. But in what light there was, she could see tiny green leaves beginning to emerge, just speckles on the tips of the tree branches. A few brave frogs started their cheerful calls. It was too soon, she thought, spring wasn't quite here yet and they risked getting caught in another surprise snowstorm. Still, they were lovely to listen to.

She sat up and drew a blanket around her shoulders. A cup of coffee would be perfect, but she wasn't ready to venture out of her room yet. No, she would sit here a while longer, contemplating the sky, and listening to the frogs. She would daydream of spring until the thought of the sun warmed her bones.
The cat watched smugly from her high perch as the human stretched and then snuggled deeper into her blankets. Silly human, this is a time for action, not lazy ennui. She was starving. She hadn’t eaten in 2 hours. And here was this human, staring out the window like a hypnotized chicken, mouth agape, contemplating the weather.

Her mind turned to murder. The human was soft, she knew this from experience. And tasted slightly salty after a night of tossing and turning in sweat-soaked sheets. She made sure that rest was elusive - sit directly on the chest so that the human felt the weight of her own mortality all night long. So the human knew that death incarnate was near, always watching, always ready. That moment was approaching rapidly. The hunger the cat felt would be satisfied. She would set a trap.

She touched the glass cylinder lovingly, gently. Caressed the smooth cold curves. Its contents were chilled to the temperature of the room, still, reflective like the human. She tapped it once, twice quickly. And then more slowly, pausing to check for any changes to the human’s slack-jawed expression. Nothing. The human had no inkling of the peril to come. The ingeniousness of this plot. The glass cylinder seemed harmless, much like the cat, but could rend the human’s flesh if applied just right. She gave one final long tender caress of the cylinder, sending it from its high perch to its glassy death below. The tinkling music of the impact roused the human from her stupor. The trap was set! The cat waited eagerly for the human to unwrap her legs and impale herself upon a thousand tiny knives. Her death would be slow and agonizing. But the cat would feast!
 
Last edited:
The cat watched smugly from her high perch as the human stretched and then snuggled deeper into her blankets. Silly human, this is a time for action, not lazy ennui. She was starving. She hadn’t eaten in 2 hours. And here was this human, staring out the window like a hypnotized chicken, mouth agape, contemplating the weather.

Her mind turned to murder. The human was soft, she knew this from experience. And tasted slightly salty after a night of tossing and turning in sweat-soaked sheets. She made sure that rest was elusive - sit directly on the chest so that the human felt the weight of her own mortality all night long. So the human knew that death incarnate was near, always watching, always ready. That moment was approaching rapidly. The hunger the cat felt would be satisfied. She would set a trap.

She touched the glass cylinder lovingly, gently. Caressed the smooth cold curves. Its contents were chilled to the temperature of the room, still, reflective like the human. She tapped it once, twice quickly. And then more slowly, pausing to check for any changes to the human’s slack-jawed expression. Nothing. The human had no inkling of the peril to come. The ingenuousness of this plot. The glass cylinder seemed harmless, much like the cat, but could rend the human’s flesh is applied just right. She gave one final long tender caress of the cylinder, sending it from its high perch to its glassy death below. The tinkling music of the impact roused the human from her stupor. The trap was set! The cat waited eagerly for the human to unwrap her legs and impale herself upon a thousand tiny knives. Her death would be slow and agonizing. But the cat would feast!
Urge to elect genny increasing
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
samac wolf reads me based on one early post? samac's definitely village.
/mostly kidding because I know this was a joke
Or was it?!
america dun GIF