LIU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Because I'm enrolled lol I can see how many people are in each class. Figured I'd update you guys every so often .
Ah! That’s amazing. Thank you for the update! We really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Current enrollment in classes is 87 out of 130
I know the class capacity says 130 for the courses, but the school website says that they will accept 100 students per year. Just wanted to mention this so that people still waiting don't get their hopes up thinking there are 43 open seats.

Reactions: 1 user
I know the class capacity says 130 for the courses, but the school website says that they will accept 100 students per year. Just wanted to mention this so that people still waiting don't get their hopes up thinking there are 43 open seats.
Hm yeah 13 vs 43 is a big difference. Hoping they’ll continue to send out acceptances towards the 130 person limit! I actually emailed them this morning before seeing this, hoping for some kind of update. I’ll let y’all know if I hear anything!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure tbh what it is. Many schools go up to likr 130 seats. But maybe also like people from other degrees can take these classes like PhD or something

I just got accepted off the waitlist at CSU, so I will be withdrawing my commitment to LIU. Hope that helps someone here! Best of luck to all of you!

Has anyone who is still on the waitlist heard anything recently?

Is this the only school you’re waiting to get in or do you have an acceptance somewhere else?
I’m waitlisted at VA-MD as well but I’m number 131 so that ain’t happening. So basically LIU is my only shot at going to vet school this fall.

I’m waitlisted at VA-MD as well but I’m number 131 so that ain’t happening. So basically LIU is my only shot at going to vet school this fall.
I’ve been debating when I should start working on my application for the next cycle since I’m waiting on LIU since they’re my only chance this fall. I wish they’d give us a rank.

I’ve been debating when I should start working on my application for the next cycle since I’m waiting on LIU since they’re my only chance this fall. I wish they’d give us a rank.
I started.. apps for individual schools open tomorrow so I’m getting it started just in case. Could be until august that we hear back.

Members don't see this ad :)
I started.. apps for individual schools open tomorrow so I’m getting it started just in case. Could be until august that we hear back.
I figured I was gonna get started sometime in the next week or so and maybe hold off until end of June/start of July for recommendations. I guess the recommendations are my main concern

I just emailed Dr.Inzana. I have not emailed once since finding out I have been waitlisted. Hoping to get any additional information or hope. If I can't go to LIU this cycle I will end up at St.George's. I have many medical issues which would NOT work out well there and have been avoiding it for months, but if this doesn't pan out I really do not want to reapply and will take the risk.

Their system is kind of weird
I declined my acceptance and I am still getting emails about this upcoming Fall so I don't know what they're doing

Their system is kind of weird
I declined my acceptance and I am still getting emails about this upcoming Fall so I don't know what they're doing
Same. I declined my waitlist, then got an acceptance. Declined that. They responded to that and I’ve gotten some more emails. Oh well lol

Same. I declined my waitlist, then got an acceptance. Declined that. They responded to that and I’ve gotten some more emails. Oh well lol
Did you get a direct response, or some kind of confirmation when you declined? I emailed Dr. Inzana and admissions to withdraw my acceptance earlier this week and haven't heard a peep. I'm wondering if there's anything else I need to do.

Did you get a direct response, or some kind of confirmation when you declined? I emailed Dr. Inzana and admissions to withdraw my acceptance earlier this week and haven't heard a peep. I'm wondering if there's anything else I need to do.
I got a direct response to declining the acceptance but I don’t think it was dr.Inzana who replied

Jeeze, no wonder the waitlist is moving so slowly.

Jeeze, no wonder the waitlist is moving so slowly.
You would think with how slow it’s moving they’d want to give us an update and tell us where we are on a waitlist, but they’re just asking to lose people if they get offers to other schools

You would think with how slow it’s moving they’d want to give us an update and tell us where we are on a waitlist, but they’re just asking to lose people if they get offers to other schools
My concern is that they won’t contact the waitlist people until August because they don’t actually know how many people are in their class. Hopefully they’re basing it off of deposits but even still some people who submitted deposits are dropping. I’m already starting next cycles app but I’d prefer if I didn’t have to… it’s so much work just to hear an acceptance later in the year.

My concern is that they won’t contact the waitlist people until August because they don’t actually know how many people are in their class. Hopefully they’re basing it off of deposits but even still some people who submitted deposits are dropping. I’m already starting next cycles app but I’d prefer if I didn’t have to… it’s so much work just to hear an acceptance later in the year.
I’m starting apps soon. I was also wanting to to take extra summer courses. I’m at a loss and panic right now for a last minute acceptance because I don’t know what to do about loans based on the ranking I got told post-interview, I’m guessing my odds are small (and the fact karen gave me a file review when I asked) so I’m okay with taking summer classes. If I get in, I’ll obviously go, but I’m not going to be too upset now if I don’t with how their communication is.

Still no updates? Everyday waiting feels like a decade rn lol

Reactions: 3 users
I still haven't gotten any response to withdrawing my acceptance earlier this month. I emailed three different people and it's been weeks. I'm not sure if their lack of response necessarily means they haven't acted on the open seat yet, but it certainly feels confusing.

I still haven't gotten any response to withdrawing my acceptance earlier this month. I emailed three different people and it's been weeks. I'm not sure if their lack of response necessarily means they haven't acted on the open seat yet, but it certainly feels confusing.
Yeah, that part is a little annoying for the rest of us still waiting to hear. Don't they know we are too impatient for this?! lol

Yeah, that part is a little annoying for the rest of us still waiting to hear. Don't they know we are too impatient for this?! lol
And they won’t even let those of us on the waitlist know for sure if the class is filled or what’s going on

I just got an acceptance email. Not sure if I’m accepting... they are only giving me 48hours to decide. Ideally, I wanted to wait to see if I get off the waitlist for western since I live in CA.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I have to say I’m feeling quite rejected even though I’m waitlisted. I had emailed Karen a while back after they sent out the initial acceptances before they sent us our waitlist emails and she said “You still have a good chance of receiving an offer.” That statement made me think I would have received an acceptance shortly after the April 15th deadline. I just wish we knew a little more.

I have to say I’m feeling quite rejected even though I’m waitlisted. I had emailed Karen a while back after they sent out the initial acceptances before they sent us our waitlist emails and she said “You still have a good chance of receiving an offer.” That statement made me think I would have received an acceptance shortly after the April 15th deadline. I just wish we knew a little more.
I’m guessing you never asked for a ranking at that point or she didn’t give one if you did?

I’m guessing you never asked for a ranking at that point or she didn’t give one if you did?
Nope. Didn’t know they were giving rankings at the time! And then I asked at a future point and she said there were no rankings which made me more confused lol

Nope. Didn’t know they were giving rankings at the time! And then I asked at a future point and she said there were no rankings which made me more confused lol
I think they got sick of telling people and said there were no ranks

Has anyone heard from any members of the class of 2024? Wondering if it ever even happened. Don't feel like scrolling through this whole thread and I didn't see a whole lot in the 2024 LIU thread indicating anyone was attending...did I miss something?

Has anyone heard from any members of the class of 2024? Wondering if it ever even happened. Don't feel like scrolling through this whole thread and I didn't see a whole lot in the 2024 LIU thread indicating anyone was attending...did I miss something?
I've seen people post on the APVMA Facebook page that they're in the class of 2024 at LIU.

I was told the same thing in my interview and when I emailed later on I received a positive reply that pointed to potentially getting an acceptance and things working out for me in the "near future". Still haven't heard anything and it's really hard to still feel confident as an applicant after being either rejected or waitlisted.

I was told the same thing in my interview and when I emailed later on I received a positive reply that pointed to potentially getting an acceptance and things working out for me in the "near future". Still haven't heard anything and it's really hard to still feel confident as an applicant after being either rejected or waitlisted.
If you guys were told that, is try emailing and asking for info (unless you already have, I don’t know what you’ve tried)

Reactions: 1 users
Yep, I have two friends who are members of the 2024 LIU class. It is definitely happening.

If you guys were told that, is try emailing and asking for info (unless you already have, I don’t know what you’ve tried)
I emailed on May 10th and haven’t heard back. I don’t want to be too pushy lol I was thinking I’ll email again in a couple weeks

I emailed on May 10th and haven’t heard back. I don’t want to be too pushy lol I was thinking I’ll email again in a couple weeks
Honestly, with the lack of information we’ve been given, I think being pushy is acceptable.

A waitlist is a waitlist. It is actually quite lucky that some schools can take the time to keep everyone up to date and give out rankings. Do you know how much work that is? I think that a little patience and understanding goes a long way, especially in a field where clients are becoming more and more demanding and pushy themselves.

I know it is stressful, guys, but please remember there are humans trying their best on the other side.

A waitlist is a waitlist. It is actually quite lucky that some schools can take the time to keep everyone up to date and give out rankings. Do you know how much work that is? I think that a little patience and understanding goes a long way, especially in a field where clients are becoming more and more demanding and pushy themselves.

I know it is stressful, guys, but please remember there are humans trying their best on the other side.
But here’s the thing. They’ve repeatedly said stuff then changed it. One minute they say we’re on a waitlist, then one time after that they say after the class is filled they will establish a waitlist. It’s a bunch of mixed information. On April 22, I emailed and asked about rankings and this is what I got back (and this was after waitlist offers were sent) “I can't really answer this question. All I can tell you is we are still working our way down the waitlist and should be able to announce that the full class is seated next week and then establish a wait list.” Even just a 1 time ranking when they sent the email about being offered a waitlist position would’ve been nice to have information. They constantly double back on what little they do tell us which is the annoying part. Some of us want to take summer classes to help with the next cycle applications but we don’t know what to do because we don’t want to put money into classes and then magically get off the waitlist and have needed that money.

But here’s the thing. They’ve repeatedly said stuff then changed it. One minute they say we’re on a waitlist, then one time after that they say after the class is filled they will establish a waitlist. It’s a bunch of mixed information. On April 22, I emailed and asked about rankings and this is what I got back (and this was after waitlist offers were sent) “I can't really answer this question. All I can tell you is we are still working our way down the waitlist and should be able to announce that the full class is seated next week and then establish a wait list.” Even just a 1 time ranking when they sent the email about being offered a waitlist position would’ve been nice to have information. They constantly double back on what little they do tell us which is the annoying part. Some of us want to take summer classes to help with the next cycle applications but we don’t know what to do because we don’t want to put money into classes and then magically get off the waitlist and have needed that money.
The recommendation for any waitlist is always plan for the worst that you won't get in and be pleasantly surprised by by good news. Things in this world are always in constant flux. The better you learn how to adapt and not let it rule you, the better off you'll be. Communication issues are something that are present pretty consistently through the application process, in school (even the most established) and even more so out in the world as you likely know.