You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LIU 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
olivecantaloupe
Royal Dick Vet c/o 2029
Overall people seem to be feeling good about it, it was very conversational and similar to the Casper test. They said we would start hearing back in February!any follow up from the interviews this week? any feedback from the experience or the " next steps" or timelines provided?
I really enjoyed it! My faculty interviewers were all super nice, engaging, easy to talk to, and paid attention to/maybe even valued what I had to say, which I SO appreciated (not every interview I've had has been like this, RIP). The types of questions are also not ones that have a strict right or wrong answer for each, so that should give you some comfort! Timeline given was decisions in Feb. Good luck!!any follow up from the interviews this week? any feedback from the experience or the " next steps" or timelines provided?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year looking at the SDN forum, they were also told Feb but got the first wave of acceptances 10 days after interviews started! Then the rest of acceptances and waitlists were sent out mid Feb. hoping it’s the same case this yearI really enjoyed it! My faculty interviewers were all super nice, engaging, easy to talk to, and paid attention to/maybe even valued what I had to say, which I SO appreciated (not every interview I've had has been like this, RIP). The types of questions are also not ones that have a strict right or wrong answer for each, so that should give you some comfort! Timeline given was decisions in Feb. Good luck!!
puppylover12355
Full Member
IS ACCEPTANCE
Still nothing for me. I’m so nervous 😭
futuredogtor1209
LIU CVM c/o 2030
Same I’m so nervous 😭Still nothing for me. I’m so nervous 😭
futuredogtor1209
LIU CVM c/o 2030
What time did you receive the email?Acceptance!! Wow I am in total shock! Hoping everyone gets good news as well 🙂
dairycoworbust
Full Member
congrats for those who were accepted. everyone receiving acceptances were they at the same time?
I received mine at 10:53am EST!congrats for those who were accepted. everyone receiving acceptances were they at the same time?
10:53 AM EST, same time as everyone else I believeWhat time did you receive the email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
practicalpeach
Full Member
did anyone who interviewed on the 10 get accepted
shadysadie
Full Member
Do those who received acceptances this morning mind sharing what day they interviewed? I interviewed the last day so I’m wondering if that affects it.
FutureDogtor12345678910
Full Member
Do they send acceptances in multiple waves?
I interviewed 1/8 and was accepted this morning at 10:53am EST!Do those who received acceptances this morning mind sharing what day they interviewed? I interviewed the last day so I’m wondering if that affects it.
shadysadie
Full Member
Last year they sent out a few invites 10 days after interviews started and the rest of February. Not sure if there were multiple waves in February.Do they send acceptances in multiple waves?
FutureDogtor12345678910
Full Member
Do they send acceptances in multiple waves?
practicalpeach
Full Member
yes, we will hear back from them in february it looks likeDo they send acceptances in multiple waves?
I interviewed 1/8, and also got the email at 10:53am! Hopefully more are on the way for you guys 🤞Do those who received acceptances this morning mind sharing what day they interviewed? I interviewed the last day so I’m wondering if that affects it.
hellomanatee
Full Member
acceptance!
practicalpeach
Full Member
when did you interview?acceptance!
hellomanatee
Full Member
Jan 10thwhen did you interview?
harlowkitty
New Member
OOS ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!
futureveterinarian1624
New Member
OOS acceptance!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Shahdee Delir
Full Member
OOS acceptance! I interviewed a week ago!
FutureDogtor12345678910
Full Member
Did you just get it now?OOS acceptance! I interviewed a week ago!
Shahdee Delir
Full Member
No, I got it at 7:53AM PST yesterdayDid you just get it now?
Check your emails everyone. I was just waitlisted on the bottom half of the list 🙁
Just got an email saying my app is in the top half of the waitlist. OOS
purrlywhites
Full Member
Top half of waitlist here, OOS
futuredogtor1209
LIU CVM c/o 2030
Bottom half of waitlist 🙁 feeling discouraged. What are my chances of getting pulled off?
Anxiety-ridden Girl
Full Member
Does being “among the top-ranking applicants on the waitlist” mean I’m high up? Is it a good sign?
shadysadie
Full Member
Does anyone know what if LIU offers tours or allows waitlisted students to go to admitted student days? It’s going to be hard to make a decision this cycle when I’m waitlisted so many places and may have to commit somewhere on short notice
Are there any admitted students days? I didn’t see any in my acceptance emailDoes anyone know what if LIU offers tours or allows waitlisted students to go to admitted student days? It’s going to be hard to make a decision this cycle when I’m waitlisted so many places and may have to commit somewhere on short notice
shadysadie
Full Member
Oh tbh I just assumed they would but maybe notAre there any admitted students days? I didn’t see any in my acceptance email
deviledeggs
New Member
how did you determine top half? did your email specify it?Top half of waitlist here, OOS
ErPikBeary
Full Member
Last year I toured the school and there were accepted vet students there that day too so I assume so. This was in May of last year.Does anyone know what if LIU offers tours or allows waitlisted students to go to admitted student days? It’s going to be hard to make a decision this cycle when I’m waitlisted so many places and may have to commit somewhere on short notice
ErPikBeary
Full Member
I’m wondering about this too bc they say you have 3 days to decide. I guess you could take the spot and then lose the money if you decide otherwise.Does anyone know what if LIU offers tours or allows waitlisted students to go to admitted student days? It’s going to be hard to make a decision this cycle when I’m waitlisted so many places and may have to commit somewhere on short notice
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shadysadie
Full Member
Yeah I’m just waitlisted other places so I want to decide how much I’m willing to commit hear after waiting or if I’ll take an offer somewhere elseI’m wondering about this too bc they say you have 3 days to decide. I guess you could take the spot and then lose the money if you decide otherwise.
shadysadie
Full Member
Was this a designated tour day?Last year I toured the school and there were accepted vet students there that day too so I assume so. This was in May of last year.
ErPikBeary
Full Member
Yes I guess so.Was this a designated tour day?
purrlywhites
Full Member
That’s upper half so yeah!Does being “among the top-ranking applicants on the waitlist” mean I’m high up? Is it a good sign?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 607
- Views
- 89K