You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LIU 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I’m still waiting to hear from 2 schools, I want to evaluate if I have options, but I will make sure to let y’all know if I don’t take my seat ❤️For those that got accepted, are you taking your seat?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS Acceptance.
nikidvm
Full Member
OOS Acceptance.
When did you get the email
futuredogtorfisher
New Member
IS top waitlist … feeling discouraged but happy for everyone with their acceptances!!
Last edited:
Congrats to everyone that has received acceptances! To those that got waitlisted, don’t lose hope as historically the LIU waitlist has moved a good bit, even reaching the bottom half. I’m a current 3rd year at LIU, feel free to reach out if anyone has any questions!
hi everyone! i got accepted IS and im 99% sure im going to attend!
does anyone know about planned coursework - there were two classes that i was planning on taking but it didn't work out. they are not prerequisite classes but they were science classes, and i want to make sure this won't jeopardize anything. i've called the school multiple times and i emailed the dean and the general email, but no one has gotten back to me. does anyone know how i can get into contact with them/know about their course adjustment policy?
does anyone know about planned coursework - there were two classes that i was planning on taking but it didn't work out. they are not prerequisite classes but they were science classes, and i want to make sure this won't jeopardize anything. i've called the school multiple times and i emailed the dean and the general email, but no one has gotten back to me. does anyone know how i can get into contact with them/know about their course adjustment policy?
I recommend you email the admissions office, they usually respond in a quickly manner; however there have been some staffing changes in the office so I’m wondering if that is causing delays. They will be able to answer your questions best! I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer for youhi everyone! i got accepted IS and im 99% sure im going to attend!
does anyone know about planned coursework - there were two classes that i was planning on taking but it didn't work out. they are not prerequisite classes but they were science classes, and i want to make sure this won't jeopardize anything. i've called the school multiple times and i emailed the dean and the general email, but no one has gotten back to me. does anyone know how i can get into contact with them/know about their course adjustment policy?
hellomanatee
Full Member
I emailed admissions about prerequisites and got a response within a day. congrats on the acceptance!I recommend you email the admissions office, they usually respond in a quickly manner; however there have been some staffing changes in the office so I’m wondering if that is causing delays. They will be able to answer your questions best! I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer for you
harlowkitty
New Member
Just declined my seat!! I hope one of y'all recieves good news very shortly!! 🙂
Vschool2011
Full Member
For those of you that were waitlisted for the bottom half, do you mind sharing what they wrote? My email doesn’t explicitly saying I’m in the bottom half. It says the top half was given offers and the bottom half were waitlisted which is where my application falls. Just looking for some clarity
purrlywhites
Full Member
That is bottom half unfortunatelyFor those of you that were waitlisted for the bottom half, do you mind sharing what they wrote? My email doesn’t explicitly saying I’m in the bottom half. It says the top half was given offers and the bottom half were waitlisted which is where my application falls. Just looking for some clarity
If the LIU waitlist is anything like previous years, I highly doubt they would share a specific number, unfortunately. They only disclose if you’re on the top half or bottom half of the list, and I think we’re lucky to get even that because some schools refuse to release anything about where you are on the waitlist.Did anyone try and email Liu to see what number they are on the waitlist ? I’m beginning to stress more and more each day
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PhosphodiesterBond
Full Member
Anyone having difficulty logging in to secure their seat? The portal for e-payment says my credentials are invalid but I have access to the student portal with the same credentials
I had this issue 3 years ago when I was accepting my seat. I believe I had to use my student ID #. You may need to reach out to admissions to get that number if it wasn't on your acceptance letter.Anyone having difficulty logging in to secure their seat? The portal for e-payment says my credentials are invalid but I have access to the student portal with the same credentials
futuredogtor1209
LIU CVM c/o 2030
Hey everyone. I am looking for some advice. I am currently waitlisted (bottom half) here and rejected everywhere else. I am thinking I will need to take a gap year but what do you think my odds of getting pulled off the waitlist are? I live far away from New York so even though they can offer acceptances up until days into courses starting, this would not be practical for me. If I don't get pulled off by end of July or even early July, I will have to move forward with gap year plans and also applying again on VMCAS. I don't want to go the whole summer holding out hope for getting pulled off and will also need to research new schools to apply to, work on essays for those, etc. so I can't wait too long for them. Any advice is appreciated!
According to what I could find, there’s 2 accepted students days: one March 16th, and one April 6this there an accepted students day? or info session?
I had this issue [emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]] years ago when I was accepting my seat. I believe I had to use my student ID #. You may need to reach out to admissions to get that number if it wasn't on your acceptance letter.
Hi, I’ve tried this and my username AND my email, and none of the credentials work. Idk how to get this thing to work so I can accept my seat.
hopefulvet35
Full Member
Hi! Does anyone know more about LIU's clinical year? How many rotations you have to do at different hospitals and do you get to choose any?
hopefuldogtor24
Full Member
I did and they said that they do not give out status, you can find a general idea where you are in the inital waitlist emailDid anyone try and email Liu to see what number they are on the waitlist ? I’m beginning to stress more and more each day
A few people on the discord have said that they declined their seat!Hi just wondering if anyone has any updates on if they are going to be declining or accepting their seat?
I’m going to be declining my seat this week, hope one of you gets good news soon! ☺️
futuredogtor1209
LIU CVM c/o 2030
Do we know approximately when people on the bottom half of the waitlist last year started to get their acceptance emails?
Just declined my OOS seat a moment ago. Hoping someone gets good news!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t know when orientation is, but there is a veterinary medicine accepted students day April 5th! There’s a Link on the events page to register for itDoes anyone know when accepted students day is and orientetion?
hopefuldogtor24
Full Member
has anyone on waitlist (high or low, anyone really) heard from LIU yet in terms of acceptance, i know they said not until after april 16 but just curious 🙂
futuredogtor1209
LIU CVM c/o 2030
We won’t know until April 16th because accepted students have until April 15th to make their decisionhas anyone on waitlist (high or low, anyone really) heard from LIU yet in terms of acceptance, i know they said not until after april 16 but just curious 🙂
PreVetStudent123
New Member
Hi everyone! I wanted to know if anyone has any housing recommendations for LIU?
Dreamfyre
Full Member
I was in the bottom half and heard back late May last year. So I'd say the waitlist moves pretty quick after decision day. And be hopeful, from what I know a lot of people in my year and the year before were on the waitlist!Do we know approximately when people on the bottom half of the waitlist last year started to get their acceptance emails?
hopefulvet35
Full Member
Hey! Does anyone know if there is a Class of 2025 GroupMe for admitted students yet?
futuredogtorfisher
New Member
Does anyone know when people on the top half of the waitlist heard back? Was there a trend in time last year where they started on April 16?
PreVetStudent123
New Member
Has anyone gotten a confirmation email or any email about further information for the accepted students day? All I know is that it starts at 9 because that is what is on the website
I was told in email confirming that I was an accepted student that when it was closer they would email us more information. Still yet to have gotten anything tho.Has anyone gotten a confirmation email or any email about further information for the accepted students day? All I know is that it starts at 9 because that is what is on the website
PreVetStudent123
New Member
Thanks!I was told in email confirming that I was an accepted student that when it was closer they would email us more information. Still yet to have gotten anything tho.
dairycoworbust
Full Member
how was your first year at LIU?I was in the bottom half and heard back late May last year. So I'd say the waitlist moves pretty quick after decision day. And be hopeful, from what I know a lot of people in my year and the year before were on the waitlist!
futuredogtor1209
LIU CVM c/o 2030
Do we have any way of knowing about how many people already accepted their seats? I'm trying to figure out how much the waitlist will move and I'm bottom-half.
hopefuldogtor24
Full Member
i think in previous years they guess-timate based on the groupme or FB group but there's no accurate way since admissions will not tell us how many people have accepted or how many seats are leftDo we have any way of knowing about how many people already accepted their seats? I'm trying to figure out how much the waitlist will move and I'm bottom-half.
PreVetStudent123
New Member
I got an email yesterday with a map of where to go and to be there at 9Has anyone gotten updates about the accepted students day this weekend?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SameI got an email yesterday with a map of where to go and to be there at 9
What email did it come from? I can't find anything in mine besides a brief confirmation email from Danielle Fischer back in MarchI got an email yesterday with a map of where to go and to be there at 9
Edit- I actually got it sorted out, thank you though!!
Last edited:
dairycoworbust
Full Member
past years it seemed like people " stalked" the number of people in the FB group, Any volunteers? 🙂i think in previous years they guess-timate based on the groupme or FB group but there's no accurate way since admissions will not tell us how many people have accepted or how many seats are left
futuredogtor1209
LIU CVM c/o 2030
Two people just said they got off the waitlist! Check your emails. Please let us know if you are accepting or declining (as someone on the bottom half I’m nervous I won’t get off)
Anxiety-ridden Girl
Full Member
OOS acceptance! Just got off the waitlist
Similar threads
- Replies
- 607
- Views
- 89K