You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LMU 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
andrea.doty
New Member
Hello Pre-Veterinary Students!
My name is Andrea Doty, and I'm a current second year at LMU. We're trying to organize a veterinary mission trip to Costa Rica in June. It's a great opportunity to bolster your experience, and to get onto LMU's radar if you are interested in vet school here (or just to chat with a couple of current students). See my thread if you're interested!
My name is Andrea Doty, and I'm a current second year at LMU. We're trying to organize a veterinary mission trip to Costa Rica in June. It's a great opportunity to bolster your experience, and to get onto LMU's radar if you are interested in vet school here (or just to chat with a couple of current students). See my thread if you're interested!
Waitlisted as well. I was hoping I would have gotten 1 acceptance by now so I could stop worrying but I've gotten 2 waitlists and am so anxious.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Omg same. This cycle feels like it will last forever. I'm still waiting for two more schools that will hopefully release decisions next week, and I pray every single day that one of them will be an acceptance. I'm in my last semester of college, and I don't even know when to make my post-grad plans because everything is so uncertain. It's so confusing and it sucks.Waitlisted as well. I was hoping I would have gotten 1 acceptance by now so I could stop worrying but I've gotten 2 waitlists and am so anxious.
Current LMU - POCs be warned:
bearbear2001
Full Member
Current LMU - POCs be warned:
That’s crazy
I don't know how many of us are on the waitlist, but I wanted to let you all know I'll be withdrawing my spot. I got accepted to Illinois, hope that helps someone! Best of luck to you all and regardless of whether you make it this cycle or another, we are all gonna be amazing vets!
This is probably a silly question. Will LMU give you your number on the waitlist?
No they don’t give it out
Thank you! I didn’t think so! Hopefully since many schools have sent acceptance/waitlist/rejections, those who know LMU is not their choice will notify the school to be removed. 😁No they don’t give it out
Thank you! I didn’t think so! Hopefully since many schools have sent acceptance/waitlist/rejections, those who know LMU is not their choice will notify the school to be removed. [emoji16]
Fingers crossed hope we both get in
nikidvm
Full Member
Discord - Group Chat That’s All Fun & Games
Discord is great for playing games and chilling with friends, or even building a worldwide community. Customize your own space to talk, play, and hang out.
Join the waitlist discord!!
Discord - Group Chat That’s All Fun & Games
Discord is great for playing games and chilling with friends, or even building a worldwide community. Customize your own space to talk, play, and hang out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
surgerylover34
New Member
Anyone know when LMU typically sends more acceptances out? Do they start to pull off the waitlist before April 15th or is it pretty soon after they will begin pulling off the waitlist?
Last year I, and many of my classmates, were accepted on April 18th as well as in May (unsure of the exact date for may)Anyone know when LMU typically sends more acceptances out? Do they start to pull off the waitlist before April 15th or is it pretty soon after they will begin pulling off the waitlist?
futurevet20203
New Member
I talked to them yesterday and they said more acceptances would be sent out last night and this morning. Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything?
nikidvm
Full Member
I talked to them yesterday and they said more acceptances would be sent out last night and this morning. Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything?
Whatttt???!!! I don’t get anything
I have not heard anything.
nikidvm
Full Member
I talked to them yesterday and they said more acceptances would be sent out last night and this morning. Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything?
When did you call? I tried calling yesterday but no one was answering.
dogtorelgan
Full Member
Someone just got pulled off so it’s starting to move!
nikidvm
Full Member
Someone just got pulled off so it’s starting to move!
Where did you see this?
mollyk_2021
ISU CVM c/o 2029
In the discord waitlist group chat!Where did you see this?
nikidvm
Full Member
Pulled off waitlist!
When did you get the email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nikidvm
Full Member
nine twenty eight am cst (sorry my phone does the emoji glitch)
Will you be accepting
buffalochicken20
Full Member
Pulled off waitlist this morning!!
I wonder how many people got waitlisted
nikidvm
Full Member
Pulled off waitlist this morning!!
Will you be accepting.
Is anyone that has already accepted or is on the waitlist concerned about LMU being on probationary status? I would really appreciate hearing your true thoughts and opinions. Especially now that they are starting to pull off the waitlist. I have currently committed to SGU. But if I am offered a position, I have to entertain all options. Thank you again for your help!!!
Current 2nd year here,Is anyone that has already accepted or is on the waitlist concerned about LMU being on probationary status? I would really appreciate hearing your true thoughts and opinions. Especially now that they are starting to pull off the waitlist. I have currently committed to SGU. But if I am offered a position, I have to entertain all options. Thank you again for your help!!!
I am not concerned about the probationary status at all. Probationary does not mean you are about to lose accreditation suddenly, it means you have deficits in some of the criteria that the AVMA COE have determined to be important. For our institute it was essentially that they want us to perform and publish more research, have more resources dedicated to research etc. It is not due to major deficits in the curriculum. As a student it hasn’t affected me at all, save for the the very communicative meetings our dean has held with the student body over it. They have come up with a plan authorized by the COE to move forward and integrate more research opportunities for students.
Thank you so much! This is very helpful!!Current 2nd year here,
I am not concerned about the probationary status at all. Probationary does not mean you are about to lose accreditation suddenly, it means you have deficits in some of the criteria that the AVMA COE have determined to be important. For our institute it was essentially that they want us to perform and publish more research, have more resources dedicated to research etc. It is not due to major deficits in the curriculum. As a student it hasn’t affected me at all, save for the the very communicative meetings our dean has held with the student body over it. They have come up with a plan authorized by the COE to move forward and integrate more research opportunities for students.
buffalochicken20
Full Member
Is there anyone I can talk to about what it’s like living in Harrogate and attending LMU? I just got accepted off the waitlist yesterday and I would be moving there with my boyfriend from the Midwest. Where do people live off campus?
dvmrussell
Full Member
Just got off the waitlist. Most likely will be declining to go to St.George.
madrigal01
MS State c/o 2029
Out of curiosity, why SGU over LMU? I don't really have a horse in the race just wanted to see someone else's perspectiveJust got off the waitlist. Most likely will be declining to go to St.George.
dvmrussell
Full Member
I’m interested in Aquatics and after speaking with a current student there how the clinical year is set up it’s hard to have that opportunity because it has to fit with LMU schedule. During clinical year you typically change locations every month which coming from someone at an aquarium now in the aquatics world nothing is really ever only a month it’s typically 6 weeks at least. Tuition wise it is the exact same and personally if I’m going to spend the same amount of money 1. I much rather go to a tropical island and 2. I would be able to go to a teaching hospital.Out of curiosity, why SGU over LMU? I don't really have a horse in the race just wanted to see someone else's perspective
-Note: I grew up living on the beach in a very touristy area that’s known for that, so for me an island/ beachy area is not really out of my comfort zone or new to me environmental wise.
Last edited:
you can message me! i’m a current 1st year 🙂Is there anyone I can talk to about what it’s like living in Harrogate and attending LMU? I just got accepted off the waitlist yesterday and I would be moving there with my boyfriend from the Midwest. Where do people live off campus?
dvminmyfuture29
New Member
Any female incoming first years looking for a roommate. I have a place lined up just need a roommate. Please feel free to message me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pulled off the waitlist last week OOS, will be declining my seat, good luck to everybody!
I was pulled off the waitlist at 2:29 pm EST. I will likely be accepting
Congrats! Where were you accepted?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 607
- Views
- 89K