LMU c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm nervous for the interview! are you able to provide any insight as what to expect..?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile

Pretty much what Buggymanatee said! Come confident,dressed well, and willing to talk. Its a very relaxed day with a lot of opportunity to ask questions and learn about the school. I even made a friend during my interview who I hang out with now!

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything yet :( my gpa is lower than average but I have a high GRE and a lot of experience. I'm hoping I'll get an interview

Don't get worried if you haven't heard yet. LMU does their interviews in cycles and just because you're not the first one doesn't mean you wont be the second! I know its hard to sit there and wait, so try and keep yourself busy with work or school.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't get worried if you haven't heard yet. LMU does their interviews in cycles and just because you're not the first one doesn't mean you wont be the second! I know its hard to sit there and wait, so try and keep yourself busy with work or school.
Do you know if there is any rhyme or reason to the cycles? Are more competitive candidates interviewed earlier? Or is it just dependent on when they received your app?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a first year at Oregon St CVM, but I was accepted to LMU CVM last cycle. Good luck to everyone with interviews and those of you waiting to hear! LMU was my most positive interview experience. The faculty and students will really do their best to make you feel comfortable the day of interviews. Don't stress! Just review your experiences, practice some interview questions, dress professionally, and go in with a smile and some confidence. You all will do great! :D
What portion of your interview would you say was traditional style questions versus behavioral style questions?

Can anyone give insight on how the interviews were today?

My interview date is 11/17. I'm coming from FL.

Hello everyone! I'm new to this thread; I submitted my app 9/13 and was offered an interview 10/13 (YAY!)

I'll be there 11/17 too! Flying in from AZ... coming the day before to avoid any flying complications since I'm covering almost half a country :p

Hi there! Is there anyone would received interviews that would be willing to share their stats? My application was marked completed last week and I'm so anxious!!

Cumulative Undergrad GPA = 3.36
Overall Science GPA = 3.18
Last 45 Units GPA = 3.8
GRE Anaytical Writing = 5.0
GRE Quantitative = 153
GRE Verbal = 155

2000+ Animal Hours (companion animals, rodents, lagomorphs, avians)
2000+ Veterinary Hours (companion animals, caprines, equine, avians, wildlife, fish, porcine, rodents, lagomorphs)
64 Research Hours ( currently on an IACUC protocol for another project currently, but this was when my app was submitted)
300+ Employment Hours (non-animal related)

Here's to hoping that they will see past my overall science GPA (physics the first time whooped me, but I got an A the second time!). Good luck to everyone!

What portion of your interview would you say was traditional style questions versus behavioral style questions?
None of the questions I was asked were related to veterinary medicine at all. They were very focused on the individual -- your personal values and ethics.

I hope that answers your question!

Hey guys! I got an interview invite from LMU a while back and thought I should share my stats if anyone was interested:

I submitted my application on 9/14 and got an interview invitation 9/22. My interview date is 11/6.

Cumulative Undergrad GPA: 3.76
Science GPA: 3.82
Last 45: ? Not sure how to calculate this but for the past 45 hours I had some of A's, a few A-'s, one B-, and one C.
GRE Quant: 152
GRE Verbal: 154
GRE Writing: 3.5
Vet Hours: 350
Research Hours: 50
Animal Hours: 1050
Volunteer Hours (Not animal related): 590
Work Experience Hours: 2200

I'm so nervous! My interview is in less than two weeks! Anyway, good luck to anyone else with interviews and for those waiting to hear back from the school!

Last 45: ? Not sure how to calculate this but for the past 45 hours I had some of A's, a few A-'s, one B-, and one C.
last 45 gpa is the same as calculating a cumulative gpa or science gpa, but you use the last 45 hours earned. If that 45th hour is in the middle of a semester (like if the semester has hours 43 through 56 in it) you would use that whole semester as part of your last 45 gpa, you would just have more than 45 credit hours calculated into that gpa.

Hey guys! I got an interview invite from LMU a while back and thought I should share my stats if anyone was interested:

I submitted my application on 9/14 and got an interview invitation 9/22. My interview date is 11/6.

Cumulative Undergrad GPA: 3.76
Science GPA: 3.82
GRE Quant: 152
GRE Verbal: 154
GRE Writing: 3.5
Vet Hours: 350
Research Hours: 50
Animal Hours: 1050
Volunteer Hours (Not animal related): 590
Work Experience Hours: 2200

I'm so nervous! My interview is in less than two weeks! Anyway, good luck to anyone else with interviews and for those waiting to hear back from the school!
The only reason why I know last 45 is because other schools require it. From what some recruiters have told me, the last 45 units often fall into your upper-class/senior academic history and senioritis is reallllll for some people they just wanna see if down the line you still have the same motivation you know. And I totally understand that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Thanks guys! I got confused because the last 45 hours cut into the middle of one of my semesters.

Last 45: 3.72

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh...I think I'd rather just be rejected up front then come here and wonder. Does anyone know if they give feedback if you do get rejected? :shrug:

Ugh...I think I'd rather just be rejected up front then come here and wonder. Does anyone know if they give feedback if you do get rejected? :shrug:
I can't speak specifically from LMU since this is my first time applying to there, but most schools offer what is called a Folder Review upon request. Essentially they review your application and give feedback on why you were waitlisted or rejected. I personally have never heard of a school refusing to tell a student why the were rejected when the information was requested... it seems almost silly. I do know that they like to waitlist a lot of people though and that the waitlist last year was moving even in August (see the feed of LMU C/O 2021).

So I contacted a friend who was waitlisted a few years ago. She said she had a hell of a time getting ahold of someone after she had been waitlisted but it's possible that since it's been a few years that something has changed, but that's the only feedback I have from someone I knew who was waitlisted.

None of the questions I was asked were related to veterinary medicine at all. They were very focused on the individual -- your personal values and ethics.

I hope that answers your question!

Hi! Just wondering, how many people brought guests with them to the interview day? I know they say you can bring up to 2 and I'd rather not go alone (mostly because I'm a very nervous traveller even just going places for fun) but I don't want to be the only one who brings someone. Are you out of state/did you fly there? As far as I can tell the nearest airport is over an hour away...how was it getting around the area?

Hi! Just wondering, how many people brought guests with them to the interview day? I know they say you can bring up to 2 and I'd rather not go alone (mostly because I'm a very nervous traveller even just going places for fun) but I don't want to be the only one who brings someone. Are you out of state/did you fly there? As far as I can tell the nearest airport is over an hour away...how was it getting around the area?
I'm bringing a guest. We are flying from CA/AZ (she lives in CA and I'm in AZ) into Knoxville the day before, staying near the airport that night and then travelling to the school the next morning before the interview at 12pm. The following night we were going to stay in a hotel closer to the school so I can visit the area. My interview is Nov 17 though so I can't tell you how well my plan will go though

I am interviewing this monday, and will be alone. My parents decided not to go with me

I'm bringing a guest. We are flying from CA/AZ (she lives in CA and I'm in AZ) into Knoxville the day before, staying near the airport that night and then travelling to the school the next morning before the interview at 12pm. The following night we were going to stay in a hotel closer to the school so I can visit the area. My interview is Nov 17 though so I can't tell you how well my plan will go though

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using
I'm interviewing on the 17th as well. I'm also planning on bringing one guest and flying into Knoxville. I'm flying in the day before but planning on staying near the school for the whole time because I have the world's worst sense of direction and don't want to risk getting too lost on interview day. Haha

I'm interviewing on the 17th as well. I'm also planning on bringing one guest and flying into Knoxville. I'm flying in the day before but planning on staying near the school for the whole time because I have the world's worst sense of direction and don't want to risk getting too lost on interview day. Haha
I totally understand! I teach a class as a TA in the afternoon so I had to get a late afternoon flight and from AZ I arrive at like midnight I didn't want to be stuck driving an hour after that, but I'm leaving our hotel in Knoxville at like 8AM or earlier that Friday to be safe because I too will get lost otherwise.

When I helped with interviews, most people brought at least 1 guest.

I had to get a late afternoon flight and from AZ I arrive at like midnight I didn't want to be stuck driving an hour after that, but I'm leaving our hotel in Knoxville at like 8AM or earlier that Friday to be safe because I too will get lost otherwise.

I interviewed last year and brought my mom with me.
We flew into Knoxville and stayed at the airport hotel which was very nice (and one less day we had to rent a car) versus one closer to LMU. Was easiest for us because then we could take a very early morning flight the next day instead of a later one the next day after driving back from LMU. We didn't have much traffic going to or from LMU on interview day.

I am 29 years old and making my mom come with me:shrug: haha we are flying in from Minnesota.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed last week and I had my mom go with me. I'd also say that it looked like most people there also had at least 1 guest. We drove from Maryland and stayed at a hotel in Middlesboro, KY the night before, so I can't provide any deets on the airport situation though!

I interviewed last week and I had my mom go with me. I'd also say that it looked like most people there also had at least 1 guest. We drove from Maryland and stayed at a hotel in Middlesboro, KY the night before, so I can't provide any deets on the airport situation though!

Can you give any insight about the interview/what I should expect for mine tomorrow? I'm so nervous!

Can you give any insight about the interview/what I should expect for mine tomorrow? I'm so nervous!
Don't stress honestly! It was very relaxed and conversational! There were 3 individual interviews that lasted 8 mins. Each room had a different theme, one was emotional maturity/resilence, one was about general knowledge of the field, and the last was just a general get to know you. I'd say most of the questions were hypothetical situation times (what would you do if..), none of mine asked me to recall about specific past experiences, but they I still incoorperated them at times in my explanations. Also not everyone interviewed with the same three people, so the questions may vary!

Hi everyone! I had my interview on Monday. At first I was nervous, but who isn't in this situation. It was as previously described that you will have 3 different sessions each 8 mins each. All 3 of the staff/interviewers I had were really nice and try to make you feel comfortable. It was overall a good interview day.

Reactions: 3 users
I also interviewed yesterday and agree with LexieLove in that it was overall a good interview day and the majority of the faculty and students were super nice and comforting. I was the very last interview of the day and I think the staff members as well as myself showed our exhaustion, but all in all I think it went pretty well! My first interview was literally just an 8 minute long conversation about myself and my experiences, and it made me super comfortable going into the next two rooms: one asked a lot of situational/behavioral questions and the other asked more about your knowledge of the profession. Those second two rooms were definitely not as conversational for me (they were more of the interviewer rattling off questions) so I'm kind of worried, but everyone in my group who I talked to said they felt the same way. Good luck to those of you interviewing the next few weeks, it's super laid back and the school is absolutely gorgeous!

I had to stop coming on these boards for a month, because checking the forums was making me so anxious and worried.. I was on here 24/7 checking for updates and comparing myself to students. That being said... Today I received my interview invite and I couldn't be more excited!!! :D

Reactions: 6 users
I chose Monday the 13th!! :)

PS for people who are concerned about having a lower GPA
Overall GPA: 3.26
GRE:
Q: 150
V: 152
Overall Vet experience: >~6000hrs

Reactions: 3 users
Lol, I was the first guy out of group 5 to leave interviews. I had to drive all the way back to Florida after.
Oh yeah that was so funny, you were like "that wasn't that bad!" and then ran off haha but you made us in group 6 feel better!!

I only interviewed a week ago.. and i already feel like it's been an eternity waiting... haha this should be a fun few months

Oh yeah that was so funny, you were like "that wasn't that bad!" and then ran off haha but you made us in group 6 feel better!!
Yea, it really was better than I expected. I was like, well I guess I can leave early and get a head start on my 14 hour trip. Haha

I had to stop coming on these boards for a month, because checking the forums was making me so anxious and worried.. I was on here 24/7 checking for updates and comparing myself to students. That being said... Today I received my interview invite and I couldn't be more excited!!! :D

When did you submit? When did you get your email saying they were looking at your application?! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interview for November 13!!!! Super short notice but I’m excited!