LMU c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can't decide if I like how they're notifying people or not. If I had early admission I'd be thrilled, but to be on the other end has been torturous as others are notified. Congrats to those with acceptances :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an acceptance email as well! Interviewed October 21st.

Reactions: 2 users
Mehhh I interviewed Oct. 23, and have heard nothing, not looking good at this point haha congrats to everyone who has been accepted though!!

Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile

Mehhh I interviewed Oct. 23, and have heard nothing, not looking good at this point haha congrats to everyone who has been accepted though!!

Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile

Yup, thinking the same thing! I interviewed Oct 30th :oops:

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on Oct 30th too and thought that it went really well. I'm now thinking that they are pulling the very top candidates to try to snag them before they hear back from other schools and then the rest of us hear next week?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm declining my offer, I got into my IS/Top choice

@SoFloGryffindor - Congrats either way - you get to go to school to become a veterinarian! That is awesome to have multiple schools to consider.

The closer it gets to 5pm, the more sad I get haha.

Fingers crossed for an acceptance next week!

Got an acceptance email earlier at noon! Was a bit surprised since I thought my interview didn't go that great! Super excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m checking this thread more than ever now. This sucks :(

I'll share mine!

18 yr old Female, Tennessee resident, 2nd time applicant

Applied:
UTK, Wisconsin, UGA, LMU, Cornell
Interview Invites: UTK and LMU
Waiting to hear: Wisconsin, UGA, UTK
Accepted:
LMU!
Attending: TBD (Waiting to hear back from other schools, want to go to in-state school)

Overall GPA: 4.0
Science GPA: 4.0
Last 45 GPA: 4.0

GRE (Q/V/W): 155/152/5.5

Degree:
BS Animal Science (May 2017)

Veterinary Experience
Kennel/Vet Assistant: 1457 hours between two small animal clinics
Volunteered/shadowed with an equine vet: 72 hours
Volunteered at a shelter's clinic: 44 hours

Animal Experience
Volunteered at the shelter: 60 hours

Extracurriculars/Awards
Certified Martial Arts Instructor: 3048 hours
President's/Dean's List for all semesters since 2013
Top Collegiate Scholar
2 animal science related scholarships

Non-Animal Employment
Courtesy clerk/cashier/day stocker at grocery store: 540 hours
Undergraduate TA: 270 hours

LORs
Small animal vet
Equine vet
Professor that I TA'd for
Undergraduate advisor

Was really surprised that I got accepted since I thought I had bombed that interview, and I just felt like I was unimpressive compared to others. Don't give up hope guys!

Accepted! But I will have to decline since I was accepted into my IS(NCSU). I hope my spot helps someone on the waitlist!

Accepted via email, yesterday. Interviewed October 23!

Congrats to everyone! But now I'm really stressing about my interview on Monday haha

This wait is killing me. I interviewed on 11/13. Ugh

Ok, I’m tired of being tortured over what to wear. I have a black suit with a pink and black pinstripe shirt. My Dad and step-Mom think I should wear a cardigan or dress because I’m plus sized and suits are “not slimming”. My Mom and friend think I’m crazy not to wear a suit. What was everyone wearing? Did anyone NOT wear slacks and a blazer?! My family is making me nuts and worry about something I shouldn’t even be focusing on! o_O

Id wear the suit. 99% of the interviewees at all the schools I interviewed at wore suits. I think it seems more professional. And a good fitting suit can be really flattering. I think its also important to mention that either way I dont think the outfit is a make or break for the interview anyway :)

Ok, I’m tired of being tortured over what to wear. I have a black suit with a pink and black pinstripe shirt. My Dad and step-Mom think I should wear a cardigan or dress because I’m plus sized and suits are “not slimming”. My Mom and friend think I’m crazy not to wear a suit. What was everyone wearing? Did anyone NOT wear slacks and a blazer?! My family is making me nuts and worry about something I shouldn’t even be focusing on! o_O

Id wear the suit. 99% of the interviewees at all the schools I interviewed at wore suits. I think it seems more professional. And a good fitting suit can be really flattering. I think its also important to mention that either way I dont think the outfit is a make or break for the interview anyway :)
Thank you! I’m wearing it! I may go make a quick change on the dress shirt to a plain solid, but that’s it! It doesn’t matter your age, parents can really make you second guess yourself!

I would wear whatever you feel comfortable in!!! I interviewed on 1/29 and I wore black pants, a short sleeve peplum top and flats and I felt like I looked just as dressy as everyone else. I think I would have been sweating to death from nerves w a jacket overtop and would have been worried more about that than the interview. There was a girl wearing a dress with a cardigan overtop and she looked really nice as did a lot of other people who wore more business "separates" (pants and blazer but it wasn't parts of a full suit if that makes sense). I have heard that LMU is a bit more traditional aka modest so if you're wearing a dress def be mindful of length and if you're wearing a blouse thats sleeveless I'd throw on a blazer, but I think if you feel like you'll be all stiff and uncomfy in a full suit screw it and wear something that shows who you are as a confident veterinary student! :) good luck LMU was an awesome interview experience you're gonna kill it !

I think it is also important to consider that the students there are required to wear business casual when they are on campus. Because I knew this before hand, I opted to wear a suit (I also have a half sleeve that is appropriate, but I never show in interviews for vet school or otherwise even if I'm not wearing a suit). There were certainly people there who looked just as professional even if they had suit separates, or were not wearing suits. It really just depends on the person. But like lb125 said, be confident! you earned an interview, you should hold your head high!

That's just my two cents :D

Thank you so much! I’m going to bring a few things just in case I change my mind, but I’m going with my fun pink striped, bell sleeved dress shirt and black pants/blazer. This shirt is so pretty and looks good without the blazer if I get too hot, but it’s 49 and raining so I think I’ll need it!

I think it is also important to consider that the students there are required to wear business casual when they are on campus.

Just to clarify, our “business casual” basically means no tennis shoes or t-shirts, and jeans can’t be faded or ripped. I wore polos, jeans, and Danskos for all 3 years of preclinicals and never had an issue. Just don’t want anyone to think you have to “dress up” every day! (Although some girls in our class definitely did-dresses and heels most days).

Good luck!

I've worn a dress to all my interviews. Honestly, didn't even realize blazers were a thing until I was surrounded by them haha just wear whatever you are comfortable in!

Last edited:
Anyone who has already interviewed, how was the experience? Any advice?

Anyone who has already interviewed, how was the experience? Any advice?
If you look earlier in this thread someone wrote a really nice paragraph on their experience and even threw in some interview questions!

Still patiently waiting for an LMU email... really hope it doesn’t mean rejection. Interviewed in October

Reactions: 3 users
Still patiently waiting for an LMU email... really hope it doesn’t mean rejection. Interviewed in October
Keep your chin up! They still have a lot more acceptances to send out. When is the question. The wait is killing me too but I’m trying to stay as positive as I can! As someone mentioned above, it LOOKS like they’re accepting top candidates first in case they say no so they can move on to others.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone.

I just found this forum and have been looking through it. I got my acceptance email Friday around noon from LMU CVM. I had my interview on 10/23.

I wish everyone luck that has already had an interview and that is awaiting one Monday. It really has been the most relaxed out of the 4 other interviews I have had. The people there are extremely nice, students included. And the location is amazing. If I can be of any help to anyone please let me know!

Has anyone received an acceptance from Jan 22nd interview day? I've seen acceptances from early January, but not late.

Hey y'all, sorry to temporarily break the current trend of announcing decisions that are being received but I have a question and don't know where else to put it!

I'm applying to LMU CVM for this next cycle (c/o 2023) but am also going to go ahead and apply to their veterinary anatomy masters program as well. Has anyone else on here taken the LMU masters route? Do you think it was beneficial in terms of acceptance AND giving you extra tools to become a great vet? Let me know if there is a different thread I should post this on! also, I get really excited when I see all of you guys post your acceptances. I always root for my SDN fellows :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey y'all, sorry to temporarily break the current trend of announcing decisions that are being received but I have a question and don't know where else to put it!

I'm applying to LMU CVM for this next cycle (c/o 2023) but am also going to go ahead and apply to their veterinary anatomy masters program as well. Has anyone else on here taken the LMU masters route? Do you think it was beneficial in terms of acceptance AND giving you extra tools to become a great vet? Let me know if there is a different thread I should post this on! also, I get really excited when I see all of you guys post your acceptances. I always root for my SDN fellows :)

I’m glad someone actually mentioned their masters program! That is actually going to be my plan B if I don’t get in this cycle and I can vouch for it. One of my best friends did it because she was waitlisted for vet school and didn’t get off in time so they offered her a spot in the masters program. Needless to say, she loved it! You get to take some classes with 1st year vet students (I believe anatomy is one of them) so you’re already ahead of the game when you apply to vet school! The only downside is that you have to apply to vet school again, BUT you do get an automatic interview if they haven’t changed things. So I don’t think it’s such a bad thing, plus you get a masters degree out of it!

I’m glad someone actually mentioned their masters program! That is actually going to be my plan B if I don’t get in this cycle and I can vouch for it. One of my best friends did it because she was waitlisted for vet school and didn’t get off in time so they offered her a spot in the masters program. Needless to say, she loved it! You get to take some classes with 1st year vet students (I believe anatomy is one of them) so you’re already ahead of the game when you apply to vet school! The only downside is that you have to apply to vet school again, BUT you do get an automatic interview if they haven’t changed things. So I don’t think it’s such a bad thing, plus you get a masters degree out of it!

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one! I've been thinking it would be a good way to spend a "gap year" if I don't get accepted. The fact that they get to take first year classes and lighten the load for their actual first year of vet school is really awesome. Do you know about the timeline for applying to the masters program? I guess I always assumed that I would submit both apps at the same time, but is it one of those things where you can apply after hearing a decision from the vet school? Thanks for your response :)

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one! I've been thinking it would be a good way to spend a "gap year" if I don't get accepted. The fact that they get to take first year classes and lighten the load for their actual first year of vet school is really awesome. Do you know about the timeline for applying to the masters program? I guess I always assumed that I would submit both apps at the same time, but is it one of those things where you can apply after hearing a decision from the vet school? Thanks for your response :)

I think you can do either or. I’m probably just gonna wait until I hear something and then apply ! The deadline to submit everything for the masters program isn’t until June I believe but don’t quote me on that.

I think you can do either or. I’m probably just gonna wait until I hear something and then apply ! The deadline to submit everything for the masters program isn’t until June I believe but don’t quote me on that.

Oh wow I had no idea it was that late! That's nice to hear that your friend really enjoyed it. Thank you so much for your knowledge on the subject! Even though I think it's a great option, I wish you the best of luck with getting into the DVM program off the bat!

At my interview there was a third year who did the Masters program prior to her DVM. I can't remember her name, but there were also people on the APVMA Facebook page that has done it as well. Perhaps contacting the school to see if they could put you in contact with some current students who did it? Just a thought!

At my interview there was a third year who did the Masters program prior to her DVM. I can't remember her name, but there were also people on the APVMA Facebook page that has done it as well. Perhaps contacting the school to see if they could put you in contact with some current students who did it? Just a thought!

Oooo good idea! And I'll have to go back through and look at APVMA threads too. Also nice to know that someone went through the program and has had success in the vet program (and is now an interviewer!)

Oooo good idea! And I'll have to go back through and look at APVMA threads too. Also nice to know that someone went through the program and has had success in the vet program (and is now an interviewer!)

Sorry I should have clarified, the person at my interview was not an interviewer, but one of the students at the QA session! I still appreciated the information she had though. :D

This thread is giving me severe agita if you October/November people just found out now when the heck are we gonna find out ?? I interviewed on Jan. 29 and I'm already dying from waiting hahahah

Yeah... a lot of us from October still don't know. It has been 106 days and no word. No clue. Just a deep sense of despair slowly festering. :)

Yeah... a lot of us from October still don't know. It has been 106 days and no word. No clue. Just a deep sense of despair slowly festering. :)

omggg hahaha nooo!! stay positive I believe in you!!! It shouldn't be too much longer now

No, it's all good. I figure what is meant to be is what will happen.

Good luck to anyone interviewing, I will be declining my acceptance as I got into a school closer to home. My interpretation of the interview was that it wasn't "super relaxed" as they asked all the questions you would expect them to, ex, Why this field, what is your plans if you don't get in, do you have clinical experience, what is the difference between animal rights vs animal welfare.. etc. But.... I go to the University of Arkansas and the first two interviewers and I talked about Razorback football for a minute or so. So that made it seem more relaxed. Compared to my interview with K-State it was definitely more relaxed. Here's some advice that a vet I work with gave me that has proven true and I took to heart, the point of the interview is to see if these people want to work with you for the next 4 years straight. Even if you have a 4.0, if you don't make a connection with the person then they won't want to pour time and energy into you for 4 years. Just make a friend and you're in the clear. For my K-state interview they were extremely formal and wouldn't engage with me very easily, but I worked to make a connection and make them laugh a few times and I eventually was accepted! So make that connection, and I can't wait to be colleagues!