LMU c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If we haven't received an invite for interview by now, should we just expect it to be a rejection?
According to them at my interview in November, they would extend interview invites up through February.

Members don't see this ad.

According to one of the ladies I spoke to today at my interview, they didn’t have anymore spots for interviews. She could have been mistaken but she was an employee that was helping us through the interview process.

Members don't see this ad :)
If we haven't received an invite for interview by now, should we just expect it to be a rejection?
I wouldn’t give up hope yet!! Once it starts nearing February than I would start to prepare yourself for rejection...but there’s still a few more weeks of January :)

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn’t give up hope yet!! Once it starts nearing February than I would start to prepare yourself for rejection...but there’s still a few more weeks of January :)
that's what im hoping for!

Just got an email from admissions thanking me for coming to my interview yesterday and if I could leave some feedback as to how it went....but I didn’t interview yesterday haha. I interviewed back in November. Anyone else get this email?

Just got an email from admissions thanking me for coming to my interview yesterday and if I could leave some feedback as to how it went....but I didn’t interview yesterday haha. I interviewed back in November. Anyone else get this email?

Yup! I got that email also, and I interviewed in October.... so not really sure what that was about!

Yup! I got that email also, and I interviewed in October.... so not really sure what that was about!
Lol yup got the same email, interviewed in October, was hoping it was regarding their decision not a survey

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

It’s probably a typo! I emailed them though just in case... and I took the survey anyways :) lol

Sameeee

The wait is killing me! And skimming through old forums it’s hard not to get discouraged.

The wait is killing me! And skimming through old forums it’s hard not to get discouraged.
Skimming through old threads makes me feel like I’m gonna get waitlisted and then there’s just gonna be more waiting :(

I’m confused because some people have already been accepted. I figured everyone would find out the same day?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m confused because some people have already been accepted. I figured everyone would find out the same day?
I was thinking about this too. People have been accepted before even all of the interviews are done, and those accepted are all from various interview dates. There's not too many people who have been offered acceptances, and it's obviously very exciting for them and they should be proud of that accomplishment. At the same time I wonder how does the school decide who to offer acceptances to before even interviewing their entire pool of applicants or at least those they want to interview.

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah, as far as I know they said they did not do rolling admissions.

Since i got in to my in-state i cancelled my interview; hopefully they will offer it to someone else

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last year I think I remember them accepting a very small percentage of applicants from each interview date, but the large majority of us waited until interviews were over. There were still plenty of people getting accepted then, so I wouldn't stress about it!

Reactions: 2 users
I agree with what gjsmize88 said! Last year, only a few students from each interview date were offered early acceptances. The majority of the acceptances were sent out in late winter/early spring. I honestly cannot even remember the dates for the life of me. But! The good news is LMU is not done yet! The majority of acceptances have not be sent out yet from what it sounds like, and their wait list seems to move pretty quickly.
Patience is definitely a virtue! Haha

Does anyone know if interviews are done at this point? Should those of us on the ghost list (except those holiday e-cards) be expecting a rejection?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if interviews done at this point? Should those of us on the ghost list (except those holiday e-cards) be expecting a rejection?
They are still doing interviews all this month and into February. I have an interview on February 2.

Does anybody know how many people they are interviewing this year?

Hey guys, first time posting here! I got an interview for Feb 2nd so a week from today! I'm really excited but also really nervous. For the people that have gotten an interview and already had it, what was it like and do you have any advice for someone going into interview day?

Thanks everyone! Hope to see some of you there!

Hey guys, first time posting here! I got an interview for Feb 2nd so a week from today! I'm really excited but also really nervous. For the people that have gotten an interview and already had it, what was it like and do you have any advice for someone going into interview day?

I wish I could stress how much you should NOT worry. I was accepted to LMU last month and the entire process of dealing with the folks there has been incredible. Including the interview. Unlike other institutions, they have no desire to scare you or stress you out. You will interview with three different faculty members (individually) for eight minutes each. The interviewers are the sweetest people and absolutely want you to feel comfortable.

I've pasted some questions below that I focused on prior to my interview. They're not the exact questions you will be asked, but I found that having answers for these definitely helped me. I would recommend pasting these questions into a word document and writing only an outline of your answers. Definitely do not try to write your entire answer word for word, because you don't want to stress out trying to "remember your lines", if you will. Only write down the main points of your answer and practice improvising the whole answer in your quiet time. Here they are:

-Tell me about yourself (where are you from? what are your other interests?).

-Why do you want to be a veterinarian?

-What makes you unique when compared with other applicants? What can you bring to the class/profession?

-List two of your greatest strengths.

-List two of your greatest weaknesses.

-What are five qualities that you feel make a great veterinarian?

-What are some of the most important issues you see facing veterinarians currently and in the coming years? How will you deal with these?

-One day, a veterinary school classmate gives you a sheet containing questions for an upcoming exam. How would you handle the situation and what issues would you consider important in coming to a decision about what to do?

-Tell me about a time you made a serious mistake. How did you handle it? Who/what was involved?

Good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
I wish I could stress how much you should NOT worry. I was accepted to LMU last month and the entire process of dealing with the folks there has been incredible. Including the interview. Unlike other institutions, they have no desire to scare you or stress you out. You will interview with three different faculty members (individually) for eight minutes each. The interviewers are the sweetest people and absolutely want you to feel comfortable.

I've pasted some questions below that I focused on prior to my interview. They're not the exact questions you will be asked, but I found that having answers for these definitely helped me. I would recommend pasting these questions into a word document and writing only an outline of your answers. Definitely do not try to write your entire answer word for word, because you don't want to stress out trying to "remember your lines", if you will. Only write down the main points of your answer and practice improvising the whole answer in your quiet time. Here they are:

-Tell me about yourself (where are you from? what are your other interests?).

-Why do you want to be a veterinarian?

-What makes you unique when compared with other applicants? What can you bring to the class/profession?

-List two of your greatest strengths.

-List two of your greatest weaknesses.

-What are five qualities that you feel make a great veterinarian?

-What are some of the most important issues you see facing veterinarians currently and in the coming years? How will you deal with these?

-One day, a veterinary school classmate gives you a sheet containing questions for an upcoming exam. How would you handle the situation and what issues would you consider important in coming to a decision about what to do?

-Tell me about a time you made a serious mistake. How did you handle it? Who/what was involved?

Good luck!

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate your reply! :)

Just got an interview invite on Wednesday! Anyone else going 2/12? that's the only one that was still open when I registered
I'll be there 2/12! I opted for the latest interview day so I'd have time to ask off for work and get my travel plans together. I'm driving from Alabama

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone, this question is geared towards those who have already interviewed. I interview this Friday, February 2nd and am trying my best not to panic! Would anyone recommend bringing notes into the interview room consisting of our questions to ask interviewers (if that is even allowed)? I know that LMU already has copies of our transcripts, essays, experience, etc. but I was going to bring mine to reference beforehand to be on the safe side.
Does anyone else have any other advice or words of wisdom prior to interviewing? It is my first interview, so I don't really know what to expect. Thank you all!

Hi everyone, this question is geared towards those who have already interviewed. I interview this Friday, February 2nd and am trying my best not to panic! Would anyone recommend bringing notes into the interview room consisting of our questions to ask interviewers (if that is even allowed)? I know that LMU already has copies of our transcripts, essays, experience, etc. but I was going to bring mine to reference beforehand to be on the safe side.
I interviewed last year and it was a closed interview so the interviewers didn’t know anything about my application, just my name. I don’t know for sure if this is how it is this year, but it talked about the format in the interview day pdf that Genell sent out last year to interviewees and that it was closed file.
And I didn’t for Lmu, but for other interviews afterwards, I’ve brought a notepad in one of those little leather cases (ETA: I have found the word. It’s called a padfolio) with a couple questions and a pen so I could ask my interviewers when they asked if I had any questions.

Does anyone else have any other advice or words of wisdom prior to interviewing? It is my first interview, so I don't really know what to expect. Thank you all!
It is a blind interview so these people have not seen your record. They aren't going to ask academic questions. I do not know if you are allowed to bring in notes with questions on it honestly.

8 min/person goes quick and so I would recommend memorizing a few questions to ask but not bringing in a list. Just be confident and proud and you'll do fine

Plus you could always reach out to current students and ask some of your questions to them?

Good luck!

Oh LMU and your canned emails for everyone...stop giving me hope! Who else got the transcript email and was like “Someone wants me?!...oh :depressed::poke:

Reactions: 5 users
Oh LMU and your canned emails for everyone...stop giving me hope! Who else got the transcript email and was like “Someone wants me?!...oh :depressed::poke:
Same. And then had a mini heart attack thinking that they hadn't received my transcript. How many more days until March? o_O

Any new interview times? I heard Feb 12th was a date? Anyone invited for it yet?

Any new interview times? I heard Feb 12th was a date? Anyone invited for it yet?
Three people I remember on this thread said they were going on Feb 12.

Does anyone know if they’re doing any interviews this week? Or is the next one 2/12?

Does anyone know if they’re doing any interviews this week? Or is the next one 2/12?

I believe the next one is February 12th. I interviewed this past Friday, February 2nd and heard that the next interview is the 12th.

I believe the next one is February 12th. I interviewed this past Friday, February 2nd and heard that the next interview is the 12th.
They are holding interviews this Friday!

I wanted to bring this up again, in case anybody else is still in limbo and hasn't heard anything besides the generic, mass emails.
Did we ever find out if they are extending more invites? Or should we consider ghosting to pretty much mean a rejection at this point?

I wanted to bring this up again, in case anybody else is still in limbo and hasn't heard anything besides the generic, mass emails.
Did we ever find out if they are extending more invites? Or should we consider ghosting to pretty much mean a rejection at this point?
Unless by some miracle people decline their interview slots, yes. I called. :( What sucks is I’ve been rejected by 6 other schools at this point and this one hurts the most (only one that made me cry)! I really think it would be a perfect fit for me. I just need a better quant GRE score...I know that’s the issue. I wish I wasn’t so old! One more year seems like an eternity to try again! Off to eat carbs...

Last edited:
Don’t give up hope like I did yesterday! I woke up to an interview email for the 12th! I guess someone declined! What an emotional roller coaster! :soexcited:
P.S. I cried AGAIN.
Congrats and good luck!!

Unless by some miracle people decline their interview slots, yes. I called. :( What sucks is I’ve been rejected by six other schools at this point, and this one hurts the most (only one that made me cry)! I really think it would be a perfect fit for me. I just need a better quant GRE score...I know that’s the issue. I wish I wasn’t so old! One more year seems like an eternity to try again! Off to eat carbs...
I am 38, and I have been trying to get into vet school now for three years. My old grades from 20 years ago are haunting me! Anyway, don't feel bad! I know UF had 350 more people apply this year. I was waitlisted last year for a spot at LMU and didn't even get an interview this year. I have a high graduate GPA but low undergrad GPA. Last year they said that I went to too many schools I was a nondegree student for my prereqs so that made it tricky! Community Colleges were the most affordable option and I had to do online courses so I could work full time. My point is...don't give up! I think LMU is getting very very competitive. I also fell in love with it when I interviewed last year. I had a 102 temperature at my interview, and my sister went into the hospital back in MN, so I am not sure my interview went super well but keep trying!

I don’t know about y’all but this wait is killing me! Dying to find out my future already.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone have ANY idea when we will hear back? I’m assuming after the 12th but I’m anxious

@krupajl - me too! I felt fine all day, drove up from Texas with my dad, and as soon as we had the pizza, I felt horrible. We had the tour and I was drenched in sweat and felt faint (not nerves at all - just came down with something really fast) - unfortunately our people gave it too fast so we ended up spending around 40 minutes in the hallway with no AC standing and talking - and I was dying. I pulled it together for the actual interview and I think it went well, but as soon as it was done, I skipped the lab clinical portion and got in my car. My dad was napping in my car since the weather was beautiful, I scared him awake, and threw up immediately several times. I had a fever for like two days after that - maybe something weird was going around. I interviewed on Oct 30th (forever ago!).

@krupajl - me too! I felt fine all day, drove up from Texas with my dad, and as soon as we had the pizza, I felt horrible. We had the tour and I was drenched in sweat and felt faint (not nerves at all - just came down with something really fast) - unfortunately our people gave it too fast so we ended up spending around 40 minutes in the hallway with no AC standing and talking - and I was dying. I pulled it together for the actual interview and I think it went well, but as soon as it was done, I skipped the lab clinical portion and got in my car. My dad was napping in my car since the weather was beautiful, I scared him awake, and threw up immediately several times. I had a fever for like two days after that - maybe something weird was going around. I interviewed on Oct 30th (forever ago!).
Weird. I got really sick after coming back from my interview. Pretty sure with the flu though. Still have some of the symptoms and that was all the way back in November. I’m sure mine was from the plane though.

Yeah - I caught the flu from the airport after my MSU interview. I was stuck because we were iced out in Houston so I "slept" in the airport overnight. Sickies everywhere!