LMU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arialexis

Reaction score
Hey guys! Didn’t see an LMU group for this cycle so figured I’d make one in case other people were looking for it, too! This is my 2nd time applying to vet school but my first time applying to LMU - although I visited LMU last year and it was absolutely beautiful! Anyone else applying to LMU this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I am!! 1st time applicant

Reactions: 1 user
OOS first time applicant!! This one of the top schools that I am applying to, I'm very nervous but excited at the same time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Woo! We got this guys! Did anyone else receive their email about receiving your application and letting you know that they will be holding their first set of interviews end of Sept?

Hey guys, LMU just sent out an email saying they are now requiring CASPer as an admission requirement!

Just registered for the CASPer for Sept 9th! I've read on here that a lot of you used the website to prepare for the exam! Any other recommendations?

Just registered for the CASPer for Sept 9th! I've read on here that a lot of you used the website to prepare for the exam! Any other recommendations?
Definitely take the practices tests as may have said. Make sure you can type quickly and can get your point across early on. It helped me to discuss my answers to the practice questions with my family/boyfriend to make sure I was actually answering them and expressing my personality well. The questions are pretty similar to the actual exam. It's a very straight-forward assessment. Don't stress about it!

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my application a couple of days ago and I just got a verification email from them. I'm so nervous! I looked at previous LMU threads and some got interview invites as early as 2 days after submitting their applications!! I am hoping that I am one that gets an interview/rejection early so I can get it over with!! :laugh:

Hey guys,

My CASPER test is coming up and I wanted to ask if any of you realized the Snapshot or even know if it is required

Members don't see this ad :)
For the CASPer exam I’ve read/heard some conflicting info. Are you supposed to answer these questions in a professional setting? Like I understand that they say “you are a friend, you are a co-worker” but are you keeping the mindset of also “what if you were a friend or coworker and this was a veterinary profession setting?” Because most of the time my answers are quiet different if I’m just a friend giving another friend advice vs my answers when working in the veterinary profession and they are asking what would you do... thanks!

For the CASPer exam I’ve read/heard some conflicting info. Are you supposed to answer these questions in a professional setting? Like I understand that they say “you are a friend, you are a co-worker” but are you keeping the mindset of also “what if you were a friend or coworker and this was a veterinary profession setting?” Because most of the time my answers are quiet different if I’m just a friend giving another friend advice vs my answers when working in the veterinary profession and they are asking what would you do... thanks!

I answered it as if I was just a regular friend or coworker since they were more just general ethical questions, but when they asked about personal experiences I think I drew from my experience working in the vet field a few times!

The questions are very specific about when you're addressing a situation as a friend and when you're addressing it as a coworker. If it's your coworker, you should keep professionalism in mind. I viewed all of the coworker questions as general work questions, but, as aria said, I gave examples from my experiences working in vet med.

oos second time applying to vet school, 1st time to LMU!

Has anyone received an interview invite yet? I think they said in an email that they will begin conducting interviews in late September.

No, not yet :/ I think it is taking longer than expected because I assume that the committee is discussing applications online and it's taking longer than expected.

No, not yet :/ I think it is taking longer than expected because I assume that the committee is discussing applications online and it's taking longer than expected.
Ah okay, I understand :/ Thanks for letting me know!! Hopefully we get an interview invite soon though. Fingers crossed!

Hi Everyone! First time OOS applicant! I also have been informed that my application was under review, but I have not received an interview invite at this point!

I am assuming they waiting to get our CASPer results before making any decisions?

Is anyone else just twiddling their fingers for ANYTHING at this point? I know that the interview invites will start from late September to Feb 2021, but I am getting so impatient! :arghh: My family tried to reassure me yesterday that maybe they will start sending out interviews invites around the 30th but I don't want to get any false hope.

Is anyone else just twiddling their fingers for ANYTHING at this point? I know that the interview invites will start from late September to Feb 2021, but I am getting so impatient! :arghh: My family tried to reassure me yesterday that maybe they will start sending out interviews invites around the 30th but I don't want to get any false hope.

Hey so I actually joined their Q&A session on Zoom today, and the admissions person said that interviews will be starting in October, and continue through January (maybe February if needed). She said that the interviews will be held on Mondays. It didn't sound like any interviews had taken place yet or any offers had been sent out yet. I would expect the first invites to go out anytime in the next week or so for interviews happening in October since they usually give about 3 weeks notice for interviews!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey so I actually joined their Q&A session on Zoom today, and the admissions person said that interviews will be starting in October, and continue through January (maybe February if needed). She said that the interviews will be held on Mondays. It didn't sound like any interviews had taken place yet or any offers had been sent out yet. I would expect the first invites to go out anytime in the next week or so for interviews happening in October since they usually give about 3 weeks notice for interviews!
Thank you so much for the information! I wasn't able to attend due to the time difference. I suspected that the interview decisions are going to be sent out late due to this pandemic. Hopefully, cross fingers for decisions starting next week.

JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW INVITE!!! I'm freaking out!!!! So happy right now!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
I submitted VMCAS and the supplemental on September 8th, Verified on September 11th!

I just got an interview invite!! I submitted my application on the 13th and was verified on the 22nd. The dates available for the interviews were October 5th and 12th, so maybe they're going in two-week increments?

I submitted VMCAS and the supplemental on September 8th, Verified on September 11th!
Thank you for the info! I submitted mine on the 10th so I hope to get an answer soon (probably rejection:laugh:). But sincerlyCONGRATULATIONS!! I am so so happy for you! This year is going to be your year!! :soexcited:

• Care
Thank you for the info! I submitted mine on the 10th so I hope to get an answer soon (probably rejection:laugh:). But sincerlyCONGRATULATIONS!! I am so so happy for you! This year is going to be your year!! :soexcited:
This is gonna be your year too! Thank you so much!!! My fingers are crossed for you!!

Did you guys get emails saying that your app was under review prior to the interview invite or just the confirmation of application and invite?

Did you guys get emails saying that your app was under review prior to the interview invite or just the confirmation of application and invite?
I received a confirmation of application the same day my VMCAS was verified, and then nothing until the interview invite today.

I received an email that had a subject line "Confirmation of Application" which said they had all my application materials. That was sent on September 14th, after my VMCAS was verified on the 11th. My application portal has not changed at all, and it still says I'm not registered for any interviews. Maybe it will take a day to update.

oh man.. i got that email on Sept 4th and I haven't heard anything back yet. Guess it's not looking good for me :/

• Care
oh man.. i got that email on Sept 4th and I haven't heard anything back yet. Guess it's not looking good for me :/
They are interviewing people from now until January or February! There's still so much time for you to get an invite!!!

They are interviewing people from now until January or February! There's still so much time for you to get an invite!!!
I hope so! I'm OOS and this is my first-time applying so I really hope I hear from some places. I sent my CASPer to Michigan State so far and that's been it. Other than that I've just been checking my email nonstop

I hope so! I'm OOS and this is my first-time applying so I really hope I hear from some places. I sent my CASPer to Michigan State so far and that's been it. Other than that I've just been checking my email nonstop
My fingers are crossed for you!! This is my first application cycle too, and I'm pretty sure that I won't hear from the other 8 schools I applied to until November at the earliest. The waiting is going to be rough, but I know we can do it! :)

OOS interview invite!! So excited!! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
I got the confirmation email for my interview tonight and it says the interviews will only last 15 minutes! I was not expecting them to be so short! Does anyone have a strategy for interviews like this? I’m assuming they will still ask behavioral/situational questions like in previous years?

I got the confirmation email for my interview tonight and it says the interviews will only last 15 minutes! I was not expecting them to be so short! Does anyone have a strategy for interviews like this? I’m assuming they will still ask behavioral/situational questions like in previous years?

I was thinking the exact same thing, having to impress in only 15 minutes has me stressed!

Are the interviews open or closed file? I have a mock interview this morning with my career center and they are doing open file, but I wanna be prepared if LMU is closed file!

Are the interviews open or closed file? I have a mock interview this morning with my career center and they are doing open file, but I wanna be prepared if LMU is closed file!

I think in the past they did open file before they switched to MMIs, but this year it sounds like they are going back to 15-minute behavioral interviews since it has to be on Zoom. Not sure if they are still doing open file but it would make sense if they did since they used to do it that way! I hope someone has a better answer to that than me haha but hope this helps

Does anyone Know what it means if my portal has an envelope with a red x? I’ve messaged them, but no reply yet. In last year’s thread some said it had no effect and others said they had to contact admissions to have something fixed.

Hey everyone! I’m a second year at LMU and a student ambassador! The first set of interviews look like they’re set for October 5th with Q&A sessions being on Wednesdays. Interviews can go into February and don’t freak out if you haven’t heard anything yet. There’s a lot of time left in the game. Let me know if anyone has any questions about anything! Good luck to you all!

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! I'm really nervous going in blind, not knowing what type of interview it will be or even if it's open or closed file, but I just hope I've done enough prep to do well in any situation! Crossing my fingers for us all...

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! I'm really nervous going in blind, not knowing what type of interview it will be or even if it's open or closed file, but I just hope I've done enough prep to do well in any situation! Crossing my fingers for us all...

Same here! Not sure what to expect but I bet everyone will do great!

FYI for those interviewing today, LMU just sent out an email that they are running about 15 minutes behind so check your email for those details!