LMU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi guys! I applied to LMU through VMCAS and have an interview scheduled for Monday. This will be my first vet school interview! Can those of you who have already interviewed share some of the questions you were asked? I have no idea how to prepare & I am super scared I am going to blow it with the 15-minute time limit!

thanks in advance!

I interviewed today and I actually feel really good about it. I got both behavioral and ethical questions and was able to answer them fully but I am also a fast talker. Now we begin the waiting game!

Members don't see this ad.

Would you share if they asked any of the 'basic' questions like: why you want to be a vet?, why LMU? or the dreaded TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF. Since it is so short I would think they would skip the formalities and jump into the nitty-gritty of it. Any enlightenment would be appreciated!

Hey y'all! I just finished my interview- the one thing I'll say as advice for people doing their interview later today or throughout the next few months- BE PREPARED TO ONLY HAVE 15 MINUTES TO INTERVIEW. I was cut off several times and the interviewers would say "hey you're doing great, but we only have 15 minutes so we need to move on to the next question." I had only practiced 30-minute interviews with my career center and this was so much different. Spend only 1 minute or two minutes MAX on your answers. It will fly by, and having your answer cut off can definitely throw you for a loop and knock you off of your rhythm. Overall, I'm feely iffy on how it went. I'm not confident they got a good sense of who I am and I felt so rushed. Definitely a very stressful interview to say the least, especially with the technical difficulties happening right before my interview started.

Would you share if they asked any of the 'basic' questions like: why you want to be a vet?, why LMU? or the dreaded TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF. Since it is so short I would think they would skip the formalities and jump into the nitty-gritty of it. Any enlightenment would be appreciated!
I'm not going to share specific questions that I was asked, but think along the lines of a job interview! Are you good at working in groups, how do you overcome challenges, what problems do you see facing this profession, etc. They definitely skipped any softball questions that could have eased me into the interview, just went straight for "tell me about a time when....." Most schools will probably ask the "why do you want to be a vet" and "why do you think you're a good fit at our school" questions so definitely be prepared for those no matter where you are interviewing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
thanks a bunch!!!

I'm not going to share specific questions that I was asked, but think along the lines of a job interview! Are you good at working in groups, how do you overcome challenges, what problems do you see facing this profession, etc. They definitely skipped any softball questions that could have eased me into the interview, just went straight for "tell me about a time when....." Most schools will probably ask the "why do you want to be a vet" and "why do you think you're a good fit at our school" questions so definitely be prepared for those no matter where you are interviewing.

Does anyone Know what it means if my portal has an envelope with a red x? I’ve messaged them, but no reply yet. In last year’s thread some said it had no effect and others said they had to contact admissions to have something fixed.

How do I find the portal to check my status?

Just had my interview! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
How was it? Mine is within the next hour or so.
For those of you who have interviews, when did you take the Casper? Took the Casper on the last available day but wondering if they’re all finished with interview requests.

For those of you who have interviews, when did you take the Casper? Took the Casper on the last available day but wondering if they’re all finished with interview requests.
I took the Casper on the last available day as well, and I received my interview request on the 3rd. I think they’re still interviewing for a few more months, so I wouldn’t lose hope!

just did my interview it was extremely short but the interviewers were friendly. They started off with some introductory question and got into the behavioral questions like when a time when...? What would you do as a veterinarian if...? They only had time for like 2 or 4 questions and then with like a min left ask if you have any questions. I got through their questions but was cut off on one of my questions so i guess it's fine

Reactions: 1 users
I took CASPER on the last day available, too-- but I know they are still interviewing for a while so don't lose hope yet!

How was it? Mine is within the next hour or so.
It was really short- but good! The interviewers know what they're doing and they're really prepared with the questions so it went smoothly. Even had time to ask a couple questions at the end. Hope yours went well!

Members don't see this ad :)

I took mine October 15th

It was really short- but good! The interviewers know what they're doing and they're really prepared with the questions so it went smoothly. Even had time to ask a couple questions at the end. Hope yours went well!

I'm really not sure what to think about how mine went. I feel like in my other interviews I get some kind of reaction when I tell a story or give an example and I didn't get that with this one. I'm hoping it was just because of how quick it was and that I'm overthinking it. I hope yours went well and I hope everyone else's goes well too!

I took mine October 15th

I'm really not sure what to think about how mine went. I feel like in my other interviews I get some kind of reaction when I tell a story or give an example and I didn't get that with this one. I'm hoping it was just because of how quick it was and that I'm overthinking it. I hope yours went well and I hope everyone else's goes well too!
I feel the same way. I also tried to paraphrase my stories with the time limit being so short. They never cut me off while I was talking, and I got to ask about three questions. But I’m second guessing the stories that I told now because I feel as though they needed context that I didn’t have time to go into.

I feel the same way. I also tried to paraphrase my stories with the time limit being so short. They never cut me off while I was talking, and I got to ask about three questions. But I’m second guessing the stories that I told now because I feel as though they needed context that I didn’t have time to go into.

That honestly makes me feel so much better that you feel this way too. We probably did just fine and are just thrown off due to the different format of the interview.

Does anyone Know what it means if my portal has an envelope with a red x? I’ve messaged them, but no reply yet. In last year’s thread some said it had no effect and others said they had to contact admissions to have something fixed.
I have the same thing in the portal! I interviewed on 11/9. Everythign went smoothly so I have no idea if it affects anything. Let me know what you find out!

I have the same thing in the portal! I interviewed on 11/9. Everythign went smoothly so I have no idea if it affects anything. Let me know what you find out!
What portal are you talking about? I don’t know if I ever had an LMU login

I saw someone comment on fbs apvma page about being accepted to lmu already...has anyone else heard about acceptances this early? I was surprised bc lmu normally doesn’t send out acceptances until December.

I saw someone comment on fbs apvma page about being accepted to lmu already...has anyone else heard about acceptances this early? I was surprised bc lmu normally doesn’t send out acceptances until December.

Whaaat!? I didn’t think they did until December, either

I saw that same comment too!! Definitely made me nervous for a second there, but I truly don't think they've sent out any class of 2025 acceptances yet.

Hey, OOS. This is my first time applying to LMU. Second time applying in general. I submitted my application in september and did my Casper in early OCT. No word yet... Hopefully I will hear something soon. I do not think it is a good sign that i have not heard anything yet. But, who can tell this year. Congrats to everyone who got an interview already, and good luck to those who have not yet received an invitation. I would imagine they are going to take a break for the holiday, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone have an idea about when they are going to send out the next batch of interview invitations? I am an untraditional 37 yo applicant. I am extremely nervous. I have been a farrier for 20 years and have thousands of hours of experience with horses, a cattle heard, guided research, volunteer hours at a horse rescue, and a bunch of hours at a small animal clinic. 3 solid letters of rec, 2 from vets i work with and one from the professor i did research with. my GPA is 3.5 science is about the same and last two semesters is about a 3.7.

Any else is the same boat? Any information, insight, or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

I saw that same comment too!! Definitely made me nervous for a second there, but I truly don't think they've sent out any class of 2025 acceptances yet.
So I did see this on Facebook- the person who got accepted posted about it in may- so I’m assuming she got accepted last year and then deferred to finish her masters. I haven’t seen anyone else post any acceptances.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, OOS. This is my first time applying to LMU. Second time applying in general. I submitted my application in september and did my Casper in early OCT. No word yet... Hopefully I will hear something soon. I do not think it is a good sign that i have not heard anything yet. But, who can tell this year. Congrats to everyone who got an interview already, and good luck to those who have not yet received an invitation. I would imagine they are going to take a break for the holiday, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone have an idea about when they are going to send out the next batch of interview invitations? I am an untraditional 37 yo applicant. I am extremely nervous. I have been a farrier for 20 years and have thousands of hours of experience with horses, a cattle heard, guided research, volunteer hours at a horse rescue, and a bunch of hours at a small animal clinic. 3 solid letters of rec, 2 from vets i work with and one from the professor i did research with. my GPA is 3.5 science is about the same and last two semesters is about a 3.7.

Any else is the same boat? Any information, insight, or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
I am a first-time applicant, and I am also 37 years old. I have not received an interview invitation, but according to the last email I received from LMU-CVM, they are conducting interviews until January/February. It would be nice if the acceptance process did not take so long, but I remind myself to be patient and refrain from assuming or concluding anything that is not based on official/direct information from LMU-CVM. I hope to be accepted this cycle, but I also have a backup plan, which helps with reducing anxiety and stress. Regarding interview nervousness, I did a mock interview back in September, and I plan on doing another once I get an invitation.

I am a first-time applicant, and I am also 37 years old. I have not received an interview invitation, but according to the last email I received from LMU-CVM, they are conducting interviews until January/February. It would be nice if the acceptance process did not take so long, but I remind myself to be patient and refrain from assuming or concluding anything that is not based on official/direct information from LMU-CVM. I hope to be accepted this cycle, but I also have a backup plan, which helps with reducing anxiety and stress. Regarding interview nervousness, I did a mock interview back in September, and I plan on doing another once I get an invitation.
I also have backup plans, however, I remain hopeful for my original plan. I am sure everything is shut down until after thanksgiving. Hopefully December will bring us all some good news! I think the waiting is the worst part. I am trying to remain focused on finishing to the last week of finals and assignments for fall 2020, but it is hard to not check my email constantly. Best of luck! Please post if you hear something.

I just got an interview invite! I lost hope at this point! Any advice??

I just got an interview invite! I lost hope at this point! Any advice??
Be yourself! I've posted my experience earlier in this thread but the gist of it is that the interviewers are very nice, but also on a time limit. Make sure you are confident, concise, and definitely practice some of the most common questions you'll probably be asked at any interview to make sure you can answer them in a very short time frame (why do you wanna be a vet, why do you wanna go to this school specifically, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc) Congratulations and definitely keep us updated with how it goes!!!

I received an interview invite today a little after 2:30! so excited! any advice would be appreciated and welcomed!

Be yourself! I've posted my experience earlier in this thread but the gist of it is that the interviewers are very nice, but also on a time limit. Make sure you are confident, concise, and definitely practice some of the most common questions you'll probably be asked at any interview to make sure you can answer them in a very short time frame (why do you wanna be a vet, why do you wanna go to this school specifically, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc) Congratulations and definitely keep us updated with how it goes!!!

Thank you so much! Yes, I will let you guys know. Thanks for the advice!

OOS interview invite!! I honestly started to give up on this school! :soexcited:

Sorry for the taking so long to respond! I was avoiding this thread for my own mental health 😬 Basically, I was told not to worry about the red x, and that all future interview invites would be sent through email. I was starting to think I would get a rejection, but I actually got an interview invite today! Woohoo!

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry for the taking so long to respond! I was avoiding this thread for my own mental health 😬 Basically, I was told not to worry about the red x, and that all future interview invites would be sent through email. I was starting to think I would get a rejection, but I actually got an interview invite today! Woohoo!
Congratulations! Best of luck and I hope we all get accepted!

Good to know they are still giving out invites! They are my top out of state school as my family is 20 minutes away.

Hey everyone! I have my interview tomorrow and wanted to confirm my time but can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where to check? I'm really nervous and now I'm starting to think I wrote down the wrong time. Thank you and hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Hey everyone! I have my interview tomorrow and wanted to confirm my time but can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where to check? I'm really nervous and now I'm starting to think I wrote down the wrong time. Thank you and hope you all had a wonderful holiday!
They sent me an auto-generated confirmation email with my interview time right after I selected the date/time!

They sent me an auto-generated confirmation email with my interview time right after I selected the date/time!
Interesting...I didn't get that email. I looked in my spam and everything. Thanks for letting me know! I'll give them a call tomorrow morning.

I didn't receive my confirmation email too, I will give it a couple of days, and then I will probably call. Does anyone know if the interview will be an open or closed file?

Edit: Nevermind lol

Last edited:
Interesting...I didn't get that email. I looked in my spam and everything. Thanks for letting me know! I'll give them a call tomorrow morning.
I also did not receive an email for my interview time but I emailed them and they got back to me within a day!

Hey guys just finished my zoom interview and I’m super nervous after they asked my questions and the 15 mins was up it put me in a break room. Then I got kicked out was that the end of it or is there a second partt

Hey guys just finished my zoom interview and I’m super nervous after they asked my questions and the 15 mins was up it put me in a break room. Then I got kicked out was that the end of it or is there a second partt
If I remember correctly that’s it! Then you have an optional Q & A on Wednesday

Congratulations on the interview! I am sure you did fine! :) Do you happen to know if the interview was closed or open file?

Does anyone know when they start to send out offers?
I think from what I’ve heard they send out about 50 offers in December and then the rest around March

Does anyone know if we have to dress professionally for the optional Q&A?

Does anyone know if we have to dress professionally for the optional Q&A?
I did, but there was probably only 1-2 other people that did in my group. Everyone else was in sweatshirts/t shirts so I don’t think it matters much.

Could somebody give me advice for the interview? I am getting so nervous