LMU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone! Been keeping up with the thread but honestly it’s driving me crazy! Interviewed 11/7 & haven’t heard anything other than the updates & tour dates. Worried because I didn’t do the survey at all because I thought it was only necessary to fill out if you wanted a spring start. Now I’m worried that’s a reason I may not get anything! This whole thing is very stressful!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all! I am going to tour LMU early January, wondering what those that toured before wore? I don't want to be too casual but also don't want to be uncomfortable for the tour 😅. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Hi all! I am going to tour LMU early January, wondering what those that toured before wore? I don't want to be too casual but also don't want to be uncomfortable for the tour 😅. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
If you don’t mind me asking, how far are you traveling to tour? I’m over 8 hours away and just wondering if I should tour to show initiative or if it even makes a difference to them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! I am going to tour LMU early January, wondering what those that toured before wore? I don't want to be too casual but also don't want to be uncomfortable for the tour . Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I give tours at LMU! the business casual dress code isn’t crazy strict! Even just a polo and jeans or jeans and a blouse is fine! That’s probably what we’ll be wearing

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
2nd year. I literally interviewed like beginning of October and heard NOTHING until April that I was on the waitlist then a day later I got an offer. Don’t distress if you don’t hear something. I also just got an email saying the spring cohort is close to being full. Also with a lot of people getting accepted in spring it increases the chances of you getting accepted in fall too!

Reactions: 5 users
Hello everyone! Been keeping up with the thread but honestly it’s driving me crazy! Interviewed 11/7 & haven’t heard anything other than the updates & tour dates. Worried because I didn’t do the survey at all because I thought it was only necessary to fill out if you wanted a spring start. Now I’m worried that’s a reason I may not get anything! This whole thing is very stressful!!

Wouldn’t hurt to email and just check in that you’re being considered to calm your anxiety. Admissions office is very nice!

I interviewed on 10/31 and put on the questionnaire that I am only interested in fall (August) start. Does anyone know when they will send out decisions for fall?

I give tours at LMU! the business casual dress code isn’t crazy strict! Even just a polo and jeans or jeans and a blouse is fine! That’s probably what we’ll be wearing
This is super helpful, thank you!!

If you don’t mind me asking, how far are you traveling to tour? I’m over 8 hours away and just wondering if I should tour to show initiative or if it even makes a difference to them?
I just checked and I'm coming from Madison, WI which is just over 10 hours. We are flying out on the 5th of Jan and touring the 6th!

I would say if you are seriously considering LMU if you get accepted as a top school and haven't toured yet to make a trip so you can look at the school and the area you'll be in. LMU is in my top 3 which is why we are going to tour ☺️

Reactions: 2 users
lol, maybe this week may be the week we hear back for the 11/14 group?

lol, maybe this week may be the week we hear back for the 11/14 group?
Lord I hope so. If I am accepted for spring, I don’t know how I am going to find housing on such short notice especially when so many have been accepted already!

Lord I hope so. If I am accepted for spring, I don’t know how I am going to find housing on such short notice especially when so many have been accepted already!
Same here! It’s very unpractical of LMU to expect students to be able to find housing, and move In under 3 weeks…

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here! It’s very unpractical of LMU to expect students to be able to find housing, and move In under 3 weeks…
I don’t think LMU is sending out acceptances for only certain days at a time, they’re evaluating all applicants that they’ve interviewed at once and slowly extending acceptances as they receive denials from previous students they’ve accepted. They’re not trying to stress people out by sending acceptances 3 weeks before classes start but they’re trying to fill the class as people deny and they only have so many days to do it.

Reactions: 2 users
Just know this isn't just a spring thing, it can happen in fall too. You can be accepted up until the end of the first week of classes. We had someone that was accepted on one of the last days of orientation and classes started that following Monday.

Reactions: 4 users
Just know this isn't just a spring thing, it can happen in fall too. You can be accepted up until the end of the first week of classes. We had someone that was accepted on one of the last days of orientation and classes started that following Monday.
Totally agree with this, I was waitlisted at WesternU last cycle, and although I would've accepted if I had gotten pulled off the waitlist, this was definitely one of my concerns. If you end up getting on the waitlist of a school and are pulled off, just know that it can happen even during orientation, which would require a split second move basically.

I don’t think LMU is sending out acceptances for only certain days at a time, they’re evaluating all applicants that they’ve interviewed at once and slowly extending acceptances as they receive denials from previous students they’ve accepted. They’re not trying to stress people out by sending acceptances 3 weeks before classes start but they’re trying to fill the class as people deny and they only have so many days to do it.
I understand that they are not trying to stress people out and I can't imagine the stress they are under trying to fill out a class last minute for spring. In my circumstances, I am done with my finals and I am sitting here driving myself crazy checking my emails. Maybe it's a good thing I haven't heard back yet because maybe the spring class will be filled and I have a better shot of getting into fall.

But at this point, I am feeling discouraged. Expecting the worst but hoping for the best.

I wonder if they have filled the spring class. Because I went snooping and they haven't sent out acceptance since Dec 6th, well atleast that's the last time someone on here said they got in. And sometime last week I asked how full the spring class was and a current student there said it was 80+.

I wonder if they have filled the spring class. Because I went snooping and they haven't sent out acceptance since Dec 6th, well atleast that's the last time someone on here said they got in. And sometime last week I asked how full the spring class was and a current student there said it was 80+.
I saw that at the LMU housing Facebook group, more people have mentioned being accepted for spring. But someone on the APVMA Facebook group mentioned not hearing back and they interviewed the same day as me. So I am noticing a pattern that my group hasn't heard back.

I saw that at the LMU housing Facebook group, more people have mentioned being accepted for spring. But someone on the APVMA Facebook group mentioned not hearing back and they interviewed the same day as me. So I am noticing a pattern that my group hasn't heard back.
When did you interview?

So no one from that interview day has heard back? Was that the last interview day?
From what it looks like no. But who knows :shrug: I think it was the last interview date. I keep watching the LMU info session from zoom that was posted last month for sleuthing but it is not really helpful.

As of monday it is not full.

they’re probably going to still be filling the Spring class during the first week on January. I expect to hear back after that

How can the class already be at 93% capacity when alot of people have declined their acceptance invite?

How can the class already be at 93% capacity when alot of people have declined their acceptance invite?
Because more people than those in this thread get accepted. You’d be surprised at how many people just want to go to vet school and don’t really care where or graduated in December and don’t want to wait till august to start because they’re already in a school mindset. I know a few people in the spring class

Reactions: 11 users
I thought they originally asked people to chose an interview date before or on 11/7 if you wanted to be considered for the Spring cohort? I know they had said they were going to consider a few people from the 11/9 interview date as well. I wouldn’t get too discouraged just yet, there is still time to be accepted in general. Maybe not for Spring, but for Fall. I am hopeful we will hear back about Fall sooner than later!

I thought they originally asked people to chose an interview date before or on 11/7 if you wanted to be considered for the Spring cohort? I know they had said they were going to consider a few people from the 11/9 interview date as well. I wouldn’t get too discouraged just yet, there is still time to be accepted in general. Maybe not for Spring, but for Fall. I am hopeful we will hear back about Fall sooner than later!
OKAY, I THOUGHT I HEARD THAT FROM THE INFO SESSION! This can make sense as to why 11/9 heard back but not 11/14.

From what it looks like no. But who knows :shrug: I think it was the last interview date. I keep watching the LMU info session from zoom that was posted last month for sleuthing but it is not really helpful.
I interviewed 11/16 and still have not heard back either

So I still haven’t been offered an interview are we thinking there’s no chance?

Hi! I’m a first year vet student at LMU and found out I was accepted 3 weeks before having to move. I found housing the same day and put in my 2 weeks notice at my job. I had no trouble with any aspect of getting materials ready!

I interviewed 11/7 and still haven’t heard anything. Rejection or acceptance …
Are you eligible for both classes or just the fall one? Because the fall can only hear back after the spring is filled and for spring last we heard it was filled to 93/100.

Where can we check the status of spring class? I know someone said it was 93/100 already, but where can we see that?

Mhm I’ll have to look back, I don’t think I ever got that email.
I don't believe applicants got an email, but current LMU students did. I have a couple friends that are 1st years

Correct, it was internally to current students, not applicants.

Since finals are over at LMU, I am assuming we probably will not hear back until the new year right?