LMU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Admitted silver!!! I don’t know whether or not to accept!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Admitted silver!!! I don’t know whether or not to accept!
Me too! I declined my seat. I have one semester left of graduate school. Disappointed to decline, but I am hopeful someone else will receive some good news! Best of luck to you and your decision:)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Also received a spring cohort acceptance (interviewed 10/24), but will be declining to hear from other schools.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My heart jumped when I got that transcripts email just now from LMU. I threw my phone and screamed into my pillow. That is not the email I was looking for! 😭

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Congrats to everyone who’s been being accepted! Hopefully the more Spring admissions means the closer we are to hearing about Fall lol!

Congrats to everyone who’s been being accepted! Hopefully the more Spring admissions means the closer we are to hearing about Fall lol!
Exactly I'm so happy for everyone getting in but I'm so anxious to hear back for the fall. On the Facebook group it has 61 members which of course isn't accurate but it is filling up slowly but surely.

Reactions: 4 users
Well, I am completely confused. I was accepted for the silver cohort this morning (yay?). I however still have 1 pre req to take which I am next semester, so not quite sure why I was offered a seat. Declined offer and back in the pool for Fall. Should I call them? I just don't know why if I was not eligible they would offer me a seat...

Well, I am completely confused. I was accepted for the silver cohort this morning (yay?). I however still have 1 pre req to take which I am next semester, so not quite sure why I was offered a seat. Declined offer and back in the pool for Fall. Should I call them? I just don't know why if I was not eligible they would offer me a seat...

I mentioned this awhile ago but I think you should call them and mention the pre rec and see if they would be willing to waive it for you. I’m interested to see what they will do since they are desperate for spring students!

Reactions: 1 user
What did you answer on the survey?

I mentioned this awhile ago but I think you should call them and mention the pre rec and see if they would be willing to waive it for you. I’m interested to see what they will do since they are desperate for spring students!
I'm hesitant though as I can only start in the Fall cohort as I am so close to finishing up my Bachelors which I would very much like to do. So even if they would waive micro for me I would be declining anyway. Holly already sent me a confirmation email back as well... ugh I am conflicted.

I'm hesitant though as I can only start in the Fall cohort as I am so close to finishing up my Bachelors which I would very much like to do. So even if they would waive micro for me I would be declining anyway. Holly already sent me a confirmation email back as well... ugh I am conflicted.
If you don't mind me asking is micro going to count as one of your advance science credit or do you have all of those? I thought micro wasn't required.

If it’s microbiology, LMU doesn’t require that unless it’s being used to meet your advance science reqs.

It feels like their committee is just processing all applications, which does mean fall should go quickly but 🤷‍

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind me asking is micro going to count as one of your advance science credit or do you have all of those? I thought micro wasn't required.
It is going as one of my advanced science electives! Our school does really weird stuff for biology credits so I had to throw micro in to satisfy all requirements.

If it’s microbiology, LMU doesn’t require that unless it’s being used to meet your advance science reqs.

It feels like their committee is just processing all applications, which does mean fall should go quickly but 🤷‍
Almost got really excited when I woke up to the email since I knew it had to be for Fall since I wasn't eligible for spring , so I thought 😂

It is going as one of my advanced science electives! Our school does really weird stuff for biology credits so I had to throw micro in to satisfy all requirements.
That's really interesting I'm super surprised they would do that. Congratulations though!

I don’t think LMU is “desperate” to fill their spring class. There are several people who haven’t been accepted for the spring cohort (and are eligible/completed all pre-reqs), and they are already rejecting people in general. Obviously they are wanting to fill it, but that doesn’t mean they are going to accept anyone and everyone that is willing to come.

Reactions: 7 users
I would reach out to your school because I know at least for my undergrad university They would grant you your bachelors degree if you got into veterinary school. I also know of another vet that was accepted into vet school before they finished their bachelors degree and their school allowed them to use credits from their vet school classes towards her bachelors degree, this was because they went to Ohio State for undergrad and vet school though.

Last edited:
Almost got really excited when I woke up to the email since I knew it had to be for Fall since I wasn't eligible for spring , so I thought 😂
D:

If interested in spring, and only if, you may reach out and explain. They might have also evaluated your transcript and found satisfactory credits.

You might also be able to complete your BA in the summer, but may wanna check with your advisor or your UG to be sure.

Hello everyone! I’m another LMU 1st year currently that wanted to pop in and share my timeline. I interviewed sometime in September-October last cycle and did not hear back until early March. LMU tends to do things on a rolling basis, so it may take awhile before you hear back from them.

I’m also available if anyone wants to ask any questions about LMU!

Is there a Facebook for the blue cohort?

If anyone accepted silver is comfortable sharing their stats with me I'd appreciate it!

If anyone accepted silver is comfortable sharing their stats with me I'd appreciate it!
I was accepted for spring or fall start here are my stats:
No traditional applicant (graduated undergrad in 2017), 1st time applicant to vet school
Undergrad gpa: 3.45 (livestock management degree)
Post bacc classes taken since 2020 (o Chem, physics, etc): 3.88
Animal hours (farms/ranches/horse training facilities): ~4,000 hours
Vet experience (small animal only): ~7,000 hours

Did a lot of extracurricular in undergrad: social club, environmental/ag club, block and bridle club, school horse team, Ag honors society, worked while in undergrad at 2 jobs, etc

I was accepted for spring or fall start here are my stats:
No traditional applicant (graduated undergrad in 2017), 1st time applicant to vet school
Undergrad gpa: 3.45 (livestock management degree)
Post bacc classes taken since 2020 (o Chem, physics, etc): 3.88
Animal hours (farms/ranches/horse training facilities): ~4,000 hours
Vet experience (small animal only): ~7,000 hours

Did a lot of extracurricular in undergrad: social club, environmental/ag club, block and bridle club, school horse team, Ag honors society, worked while in undergrad at 2 jobs, etc

You were accepted to both spring and fall?

You were accepted to both spring and fall?
There was a singular wave of acceptances that received both fall and spring options. After that wave, they only sent out spring acceptances.

Does anyone who currently goes here received an update on how many people are in the spring class now? I remember earlier someone said that yall received an email that said about 50 were enrolled in the spring class and I'm just curious to see what that number may be.

Does anyone who currently goes here received an update on how many people are in the spring class now? I remember earlier someone said that yall received an email that said about 50 were enrolled in the spring class and I'm just curious to see what that number may be.
Also curious about this too!

Last we heard it was just over 80

Last we heard it was just over 80
That's so exciting!!! So the fall class just might hear back before Christmas then, well at least I really hope so because next Saturday will make 2 months since my interview and the wait is killing me.

Reactions: 1 users
That's so exciting!!! So the fall class just might hear back before Christmas then, well at least I really hope so because next Saturday will make 2 months since my interview and the wait is killing me.
I am trying to stay focused on finals but it's hard because the wait is like an annoying thought in the back of my head. I would love to hear back already and stop checking my email every hour.

I am trying to stay focused on finals but it's hard because the wait is like an annoying thought in the back of my head. I would love to hear back already and stop checking my email every hour.
Literally same! I have my last final (ochem) tomorrow and then I will be able to dwell on this for a month with no interruptions lol.

• Haha
Most of the fall class usually hears back in February-March. Hopefully you hear soon since things are different this year! Just in-case don't be alarmed if you don't hear until next year.

I have a strong feeling we won’t hear until the new year. I hope I’m very wrong, but i’m not expecting anything this month:(

Obviously this year has different circumstances, but last year I interviewed on November 1st and got my acceptance in April so don’t be alarmed if you get radio silence for the next several months and don’t assume rejection!

Obviously this year has different circumstances, but last year I interviewed on November 1st and got my acceptance in April so don’t be alarmed if you get radio silence for the next several months and don’t assume rejection!
I have to keep reminding myself that this will most likely happen. I am not going to lie, I am uber-jealous of those who heard back around two weeks.

I have to keep reminding myself that this will most likely happen. I am not going to lie, I am uber-jealous of those who heard back around two weeks.
It’s definitely hard to see while you wait, but some of my best friends now got their acceptances in December while I sat and waited! As hard as it is to think about right now, as long as you get that yes at the end that’s all that matters! Everything happens for a reason and you’re meant to end up where you do and when.
I told myself that I waited so long to hear my acceptance because the universe wanted me to finish out my last undergrad semester strong and not slack in case I needed to reapply. If I was accepted earlier I wouldn’t have tried nearly as hard

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
To those that are silver cohort or current students, Im looking into SAVMA membership and am totally lost. What is the fee? I'm thinking of enrolling so that it can cover the rabies vaccine.

To those that are silver cohort or current students, Im looking into SAVMA membership and am totally lost. What is the fee? I'm thinking of enrolling so that it can cover the rabies vaccine.
SAVMA membership is included in your tuition when you enroll as a student at LMU, but I don’t think it becomes active until classes start.
In order to become a SAVMA member you have to be enrolled in an accredited veterinary school.

As gbanks123 says, membership should be active when classes start.

Just catching up on this thread! I was accepted for Fall/Spring back in November I selected Fall start 2023👍🏼 Hope to see you guys there!

Just catching up on this thread! I was accepted for Fall/Spring back in November I selected Fall start 2023 Hope to see you guys there!

Do you know how many accepted for the fall class in your batch of acceptances?

Do you know how many accepted for the fall class in your batch of acceptances?
Unfortunately no… they haven’t disclosed any information, and I haven’t heard anything from them since my acceptance + send transcripts email they sent the other day