LMU-DCOM (DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine) Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marthea is 100% correct. No school can be fully accredited until it graduates its first class, thus we have provisional accreditation until then. It will have no affect on residencies, graduation, degree, etc.

It was nice practicing OMM today with ya before the practical. I'm sure you did well. Things went well for me - 1 wrong I think - dang tender point. Maybe I'll see you in the anatomy lab tonight, if not, I will see you tomorrow.

Tis very kind of you. :D I think I'm going to stick with my current trend of not going to anatomy lab until 2 or 3 days before the exam though, I like to live on the edge! And no, that practical wasn't too bad, Dr. B said I did just fine. Although I'm not really sure what that means because to him just fine is anything above a 70. Ah well, no more OPP til next year!!

Members don't see this ad.

picture this: you shuffle/slide (carrying your laptop and lunchbox) across the parking lot to your car. the key goes in, but the door doesn't budge. you have to crawl in through the passenger side, after pounding on the 1.5" of ice that's gluing it shut. just when you slide into the driver's seat and turn the key, you hear an unfamiliar silence. your battery is dead...it's -3 C and you have to be at work in 45 min. welcome to my morning... come on, MJB, i KNOW you miss this weather!!!;)

Been there, done that. Can't say I miss it. Sorry. :)

Talked to family back home, and it sounds like the landscape has permanently changed in my hometown...trees down everywhere in a town known as "The City of Maples".

Oh, I remember you now!!! You are the one, when asked why you wanted to be a DO, you said, "Pimpin' ain't easy!"
You seriously said that! That's hilarious!!:laugh:. Please make it even better by telling me that that is the suit you wore to the interview:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
You seriously said that! That's hilarious!!:laugh:. Please make it even better by telling me that that is the suit you wore to the interview:laugh:

Hmm... Gullible much?

Hmm... Gullible much?
Trust me...I have heard some funny stories from people that have gone way out of their way to try to make themselves stand out. It wouldn't surprise me that in the informal conversations with the staff that someone would say that...the pimp-suit would be surprising though ;)

LOL. I can't imagine how they'd react to that.

LOL. I can't imagine how they'd react to that.

They'd react positively or they'd likely experience a pimp slap. LMU-DCOM reps were receptive to my unique style and clothing choices, with many inquiring as to the source of my bling and overall aura of "bad-arse-ness". :D

They'd react positively or they'd likely experience a pimp slap. LMU-DCOM reps were receptive to my unique style and clothing choices, with many inquiring as to the source of my bling and overall aura of "bad-arse-ness". :D
:lol::lol: haha, thats funny.

So who all will be at the OMAC for next years class/interviewees?

Me
LauraDO
Dr. Titanium

And NascarDoc will be there for us to hound with questions. Perfect. :)

Anyone else??

Where did you get your bling, by the way??

aaaah my deposit is in the mail...they should be getting it tomorow...it's really happening guys LOL...my wallet hole does make it feel very real:oops::laugh:

They'd react positively or they'd likely experience a pimp slap.
Not that I want you to do bad on any test...but I'm hoping you get at least one bad grade while we're in school together so that we can experience the pimp slap on the instructor first hand ;)

Not that I want you to do bad on any test...but I'm hoping you get at least one bad grade while we're in school together so that we can experience the pimp slap on the instructor first hand ;)
+1. Lol. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I dunno, I thought there was... but maybe not. I'll check. Who wants to make it?

Woo hoo!! We are 2 strong! Ready to take on the first year students already!! Lol...

has anyone gotten an interview invite recently?? Ive been complete for a week and a day.. Ive just about given up hope :(.

has anyone gotten an interview invite recently?? Ive been complete for a week and a day.. Ive just about given up hope :(.

Well generally with DCOM if you haven't gotten an interview within a week of being complete, you're doomed. :smuggrin: But seriously, I think they're just really backed up with the acceptances/waitlists and getting out more interview invites but maybe current students might know more. :luck:

Well generally with DCOM if you haven't gotten an interview within a week of being complete, you're doomed. :smuggrin: But seriously, I think they're just really backed up with the acceptances/waitlists and getting out more interview invites but maybe current students might know more. :luck:

well i kind of figured I *am* doomed.. everyone else on here got theirs the day they were complete.. or two days later.. or something like that!! It just sounds like a really awesome school thats why I am interested! :)

I'm going to need you to knock it off with them negative waves.

haha you are right. keeping hopes up:thumbup::thumbup:

Hey and you have three interviews!! Some us, not naming any names :rolleyes:, are jealous of you! :D Don't worry, there's still time. Besides, the only thing bad about you not getting an interview earlier is that you didn't get to interview with me. ;)

For those who interviewed on or around 12/6, I spoke to Mr. Carney today and he advised me that they did vote today on our interview group; however, Dr. Stowers is going to be out of the office all of next week. Combined with school closing until after the new year for xmas, he advised me that it may be the first wk. of Jan before we hear the news.
I could not have been more impressed with the students, faculty and my overall experience. Driving from Richmond, VA (all 8 hours!!! Exhausting!!) was completely worth it. DCOM is hands down my top choice and Im really losing sleep waiting to hear the news.

when do you think we will hear about the interviews that were on 11/30? i really hope it is before the first week in jan because i have like 6 interviews scheduled and i dont want to go to any of them if i dont have to.

Hey and you have three interviews!! Some us, not naming any names :rolleyes:, are jealous of you! :D Don't worry, there's still time. Besides, the only thing bad about you not getting an interview earlier is that you didn't get to interview with me. ;)

I KNOW!!!! I wish we would get the same interview somewhere!!!!!!

Woo hoo!! We are 2 strong! Ready to take on the first year students already!! Lol...

As a member of the class of 2011, I have to tell you, that you can't handle this. WE CRAZY!! :laugh:

As a member of the class of 2011, I have to tell you, that you can't handle this. WE CRAZY!! :laugh:
We're four strong now! Sounds like we're going to have some friendly rivalries ;)

I have one word for everybody:

Accepted baby!!

Okay so that was two words, but you get my point. :D

Was there ever any doubt?

Maybe not on their part but their was on mine! :p I wasn't sure if the stumbling over/repeating my words, the fact that I used the word morbid during my interview, or my answer to the question re: the CDC and SARS would get me the boot. I guess not though! I feel like Sally Field right now, they like me, they really like me! :laugh:

Just think... You almost ruined this with your negative waves yesterday.

Just kidding. Congratulations. Now you don't have to take the ridiculous MCAT again.

And you have an acceptance before your husband. Does he have an interview there yet? When?

Just think... You almost ruined this with your negative waves yesterday.

Just kidding. Congratulations. Now you don't have to take the ridiculous MCAT again.

And you have an acceptance before your husband. Does he have an interview there yet? When?

I know, I think from now on I need to keep my negative waves to myself. :p Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I will still be taking the MCAT. We have to wait and see how things play out. My husband had his DCOM interview scheduled for today but he had to reschedule due to illness. The sickness usually goes like this DS--->DD--->me--->husband. I'm still sick and the call from Dr. Stowers this morning woke me up so he probably thought I didn't sound too excited.

Ahhhh! I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got the call. I'm so happy!

Yay Eel, I'm so happy! We're both gonna be doctors! I hope that wendy gets in too.

Hey Hey, congrats guys!!!!:clap:

Congrats to both of you! I'm very happy for you both. I hope that everything works out for your husband!:thumbup::thumbup:

Friendly rivalry my ass.... This is war!! You aint seen crazy til you seen us!!... Or something like that. Lol.

Congratulations on the two acceptances today!! Make sure you join the facebook group. (see the link in my sig) :banana:

Hey guys!

Just got accepted today!! I am happy but a little confused at the same time because I don't really know if this is the school for me. I am waiting for interviews and responses from other schools and then I am going to sit down and think hard about which one I really want to go to.

Meanwhile does anyone know what the penalty is for holding your seat for the class ( by paying the deposit fee) and then dropping your seat later on in the year? Do you have to have specific reasons for dropping your seat (illness etc.) or can you drop it just because you decide to change your mind about going there?

Thanks!

Hey guys!

Just got accepted today!! I am happy but a little confused at the same time because I don't really know if this is the school for me. I am waiting for interviews and responses from other schools and then I am going to sit down and think hard about which one I really want to go to.

Meanwhile does anyone know what the penalty is for holding your seat for the class ( by paying the deposit fee) and then dropping your seat later on in the year? Do you have to have specific reasons for dropping your seat (illness etc.) or can you drop it just because you decide to change your mind about going there?

Thanks!

You can drop it for any reason you like, you just won't get your $2000 dollars back. And congrats too!! :D Hey did you happen to interview on 11/30?

Congrats to everybody that got the call today!!!! I'm really happy for y'all!!!! :biglove::biglove::banana::banana::banana::banana::biglove::biglove:

To everybody that interviewed today: You guys looked sharp! I'm sure you did great in there. :D

To Rose: SMACK DOWN!!!!! The "Friendly" Rivalry is ON!!!!:p

Hey guys!

Thanks!

You do not need to have a reason to drop your seat, you just want to be professional about it. I dropped my seat at LECOM-E last year to attend DCOM. I lost $1500, but I didn't mind.

Hello, I am new to this site... I interviewed on 12/11 and just got the acceptance today!!! Really excited! Congrats to all who have been accepted.

Friendly rivalry my ass.... This is war!! You aint seen crazy til you seen us!!... Or something like that. Lol.

Congratulations on the two acceptances today!! Make sure you join the facebook group. (see the link in my sig) :banana:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is the funniest thing ever - better than us. Remember, you can NEVER beat the original!!!

Congrats to all of the newbies in the Class of 2012. It is quite an accomplishment, so be very proud!

:smuggrin:

Hey guys. I interviewed on 12/7 and was wandering if anybody from that group has heard anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.